“Not such a good stay....”

Super 8 Long Prairie
Super 8 Long Prairie
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Prairie
Fall Creek
“Not such a good stay....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Checked in to learn that the price quoted was $20 more. Was told that when an event was in town discounts were no longer given. Did get $10 off when I complained, but still paid $10 more than was quoted. Air conditioning not working. Reluctantly fixed at 10:30 PM. Smoky hallway. Toilet paper hard to reach. Walls were thin. Heard noise until midnight.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

2 Thank Sharon G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Eau Claire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stayed at the Long Prairie Super 8 on Aug. 17. When we made reservations, we got one price estimate. When we checked in, the price had gone up 30 bucks. They claimed that they had a race in town and raised their rates and we were misinformed. They did drop it $10, but still feel this was bait and switch. Also, as we were in town for a wedding many of my relatives stayed here as well. They had the same thing happen.

I tried to ask a question, took over 5 mins to get help and that was only because a child went to get an adult that was working there-this was in the mid afternoon.

When we got the room, the hallway smelled of cigarette smoke. Our room was OK, but very musty and warm. The air conditioner did not work right. I called that night and was told to reset it. However when I did and nothing happened, the guy got huffy and insinuated I was doing it wrong. However, when he got up there, I was following his instructions. He then proceeded to tell me that I had to live with a musty, hot and humid room. I insisted he do something and eventually he "fixed" it. (This was by taking apart the machine and readjusting the thermostat so you could actually get it cool past a predetermined-by the hotel- temperature.)

The worst though, was the lack of soundproofing. We could hear the people next door-and they weren't yelling, but talking in a normal tone of voice. Also, someone was slamming into the walls/bed/something and our whole room rattled when they did this.

Finally, while not high on the list of complaints, but may be important if you're disabled-the toilet paper is kept about 4 feet from the toilet, so you have to get up to reach it. Highly inconvenient.

Another room that was occupied by a relative, had no lights working in their bathroom and their toilet did not work either. Another uncle had a cigarette smoke filled room. They also noticed urine soaked mattresses that were kept outside a back entrance to the motel.

So, no, I do not recommend staying here unless you had to-and that means between sleeping on the streets or staying here, it might be OK, but otherwise, pick elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you're allergic to cigarette smoke, make sure that you get a non smoking room and one at the...