Blackwater Lodge
Country Inn Walker(Walker)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$109
Priceline
Chase on the Lake(Walker)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$101
Walker Hotel(Walker)
US$88
US$86
Rodeway Inn(Pine River)
US$55
Whitefish Lodge and Suites(Crosslake)(Great Value!)
US$157
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2009

I know it looks a little cheesy to give a perfect review, but to me that's what this place was. We had 27-28 people staying there for a total of four nights, mostly adults but also several teenagers and pre-teens. And though there were only 6 (I think) bedrooms to split between us all, those of us that had to sleep elsewhere on mattresses or couches were plenty comfortable. The back decks are very nice, but were hardly used because of the great backyard space. The cabin was very spacious, specifically because of the large vaulted ceilings on the main level and open kitchen that connects to the living room, dining room, and sunroom/den. The kitchen is amazing, and was a constant gathering place for us. There is also a wonderful amount of natural sunlight that lights up the place beautifully. Chris and Sandy were AMAZING hosts, and I cannot begin to thank them for their kindness and hospitality in this space. Thanks again for enabling us to have such a memorable family vacation!

1  Thank costanza29
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I HIGHLY recommend staying at Blackwater Lodge. Chris and Sandy were very friendly and accommodating. It is a great area with plenty of things to do. If you have some extra cash in your pocket ask Chris about the float plane, its well worth it..

2  Thank DaveMinn
Reviewed 25 June 2009

LARGE Lodge-type house. Our whole fame-damily had a blast even on the cloudy rainy days. Huge well appointed kitchen. Private, quiet setting on crystal clear lake. We used the firepit, dock, & hammock daily. Caught loads of fish. Saw tons of wildlife -- Loon families!!, Mallard families, snapping turtles, hummingbirds right outside kitchen window, Minnesota gophers, deer, eagles, hawks, BIG woodpecker. Picked gorgeous wildflowers for kitchen arrangement. Country roads to walk/run daily (1.1 mile to country store/bait.

1  Thank SuperMimiCharlotte
Reviewed 3 August 2008

An exceptional home and property. Spent a week with 18 family member - 9 adults and 9 grandchildren. The home is beautiful and very high end and accommadated our group easily. The grounds are equally beautiful - we rented boats, fished, tubed, skiid and ended each day with a bonfire and beautiful sunset. Experienced no problems. Would highly recommend it for vacation.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank E1sky
Reviewed 16 December 2007

We stayed here Oct. 17 -21, 2007. We were very disappointed in what was available to us when we arrived versus what they advertised.

The "25 acres of privacy" is misleading as the acres are located across the road, and the cabin has neighbors that are very close in range and viewable from the uncovered windows. Be warned, there are NO window treatments in the master bathroom (including the large window directly over the toilet) or bedroom.

ATV's on-site were advertised, which was one of the reasons we chose to stay here. We thought we could ATV on the "25 acres of privacy"; however when we arrived the ATV's, though still promised in advertising, were no longer available for use.

Gas on-site was advertised. When we could not find the tank we made a call to the owner who said there was gas on-site, however it was located on the property across the road and the gate to access it was locked.

A heated lower-level garage was advertised, another selling feature for us as the boys brought their skateboards to play. However, the garage was FILLED with the owners personal items and the light bulbs were burned out.

Most all of the fireplaces did not work. When the owner took me on a walk through I pointed out a water leak and then I had to wait for the repairman the next day. Two of the four burners on the stove could not be used because they were broken, I was cooking for a large family and it made it difficult. If you need more than one large pan for cooking, bring your own, as that is all they had. A 'freezer' was also advertised however, it was locked by key.

After our stay I requested to know when my $1500 security deposit would be credited back to my credit card (as that is how it was paid) and the owner said he had two weeks to pay me and he will do it by check. When I got the check from the owner, my bank tried twice to process it but both times it was returned with insufficient funds. I have sent a letter to the owner as to when I will get my $1500, but he has not yet responded. I would advise you to ask for a Cashier's Check or Money Order to get your deposit back without trouble.

5  Thank JASMinnesota
BlackwaterLodge, Owner at Blackwater Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2008

As the owners of Blackwater Lodge we certainly do not like to see reviews like this one. This story should be continued to reflect the full story. The customer was paid the deposit back immediately after she informed us that she had a problem with her deposit. We paid the fees she requested and apologized.

2007 was our first full year of renting and we have learned many things from our early mistakes.

2008 has been a very busy time and we have been 100% occupied for the season. We have had many, many happy families. If you have any questions or request references please do not hesitate to contact us.

Chris and Sandy