“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Lutsen
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Award winning serving breakfast until 2pm, lunch from 11-close and dinner from 4-C. Handcrafted meals, vegetarian options, fresh fish seasonally. Happy hour 3-6 pm with half price appetizers and drink specials from our full bar. Pub and Restaurant open daily except for Christmas day.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The outside doesn't look like much, but we were happy with the lunch we had here. It was a good location for exploring the Cascade State Park afterwards.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Mother's Day 2014 lots of customers not very many staff. Had seafood omelet that tasted very fishy. Took a long while for the waitress to notice us even though she spent time visiting at another table. The lodge and the view was great.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great daily specials and happy hour offerings. Food is very good and reasonably priced. Great daily specials.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

After driving much of the day to the North Shore for a long weekend with my family, the last thing I wanted to do was cook dinner, so I took a few minutes to check out our options in the area. Seeing the Cascade Lodge & Restaurant listed #1 for Lutsen got my attention and after verifying they were open for business (always a hit or miss proposition this early in the season), we decided to give it a shot.

The decor is most definitely North Woods, with really cool lighting coming from old wagon wheels with lanterns attached. That said, it's supposed to be a semi-Irish pub kind of establishment, so it was a bit odd to see all the cabin style decorations throughout the place. Not a huge concern for us though as we really just wanted a decent meal and a beer to drink, which we got and then some.

The food came out right on time and was definitely made from scratch as opposed to many places that seem to think frozen or canned is better. My broiled walleye was very nicely cooked and well seasoned, and the price was not too bad at $16, given the large baked potato, vegetables, and cup of clam chowder I got with it. Wife had fish and chips and found them to be cooked very well with an excellent beer batter on the fish.

That said, the best plate might have belonged to my daughter, with a kid's portion of spaghetti. I tried a bit to see how it tasted and found out why the Cascade Lodge & Restaurant is known for their spaghetti. The sauce is to die for. Completely fresh ingredients and flavor in spades. I will be sure to order an entree size myself the next time we're in the area.

It's refreshing to find places like this up north that keep things simple and let the fresh ingredients do the talking for them. We will definitely be back in the near future!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Food is always great and Service is good too. Always try to eat there when I am on the North Shore. I have had Breakfast, lunch and dinner there many times.