“Ok lunch”

Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Lutsen
Price range: US$9 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Serving lunch, dinner, and the region's best entertainment, Papa Charlie's has something for everyone! Whether you're looking for family dining with a view, gathering with friends at the bar, outdoor dining on the scenic deck, a spirited game of fusball, watching the game on the big screen or the region's best musical entertainment during the ski season, it's the place to be at Lutsen Mountains. So enjoy your favorite beverage, shoot pool, play games, relax and have fun.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stopped for lunch after taking the gondola to the top of the mountain. Was quite in the bar area. Had to wait 10 minutes for any employee to be seen in the bar, odd. The sandwich I had was fair and over priced like all food on our trip.

There are newer reviews for Papa Charlie's Tavern & Stage

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great view for starters. Service was good but under staffed. Apps and dinner was great. Tasty steak. Burgers were good. Kids meals were typical. Great menu with lots of choices. Drinks were not watered down. The dining side and the bar side both have a whole different vibe which is great. Very much enjoy this place. The bathrooms however are absolutely disgusting. Surprised they pass inspection actually. Management needs to step up with this.

Music venues are fabulous as is the outdoor patio view.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have been there several times during the ski season and I really liked this place. There are good food, good service and good music during the night!

1  Thank Roberto I
LM_Customer_Service, Customer Service at Papa Charlie's Tavern & Stage, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We decided to go to PC's rather than drive into town because it is part of the adventure of staying on the mountain -- just walking from your condo to dinner. I was sure this was going to be just burgers, chicken fingers and bad pizza. And maybe that's why my review is so high -- but this place greatly exceeded my expectations. They had items on the menu that were pretty creative (a turkey panini, with brie cheese and grilled apple; a grilled romaine salad with a unique dressing; a veggie burger that sounded pretty interesting). And many of the items were with organic ingredients, which is something that is really refreshing given that this is basically the only game in town for this part of the mountain. We had the above mentioned turkey panini, salad and a veggie pasta dish that was pretty good. They also had a fair number of local beers on draft. So, yes, it was pricey (location, location, location), but the food could hold its own off the mountain. Oh, and our waitress was great.

1  Thank Russell M

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and couldn't agree more about the Turkey Panini! We look forward to your next stay with us here.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Wow is this place awful! I have never given 1 star, but this is well deserved. The service was terrible; we asked numerous times for extra sour cream, water, drinks, etc. and not one thing was accommodated. The food was overpriced and not well prepared or presented. I had to go to the bar to get the check (which was the only time I was directly acknowledged aside from placing my order). At that point, I was given a total bill. I requested an itemized bill and was given a dirty look for doing so. As I had anticipated, I was charged for several things that never arrived! We will never return to this establishment...there is nothing worth our time. Also, on a side note - the bathrooms were absolutely disgusting!

4  Thank NKWarren