“We've loved this place for years”

Lutsen Scandinavian Resort Dining
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Lutsen
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Probably the most beautiful place to dine on the shore. We've been coming here for years, most recently for the Thanksgiving dinner buffet, which was lovely. We especially loved staying in the lodge and coming down for amazing pancakes for breakfast.

Food is thoughtfully prepared, ingredients are fresh, service is excellent and the view and ambiance perfect. The dining room must be an especially romantic place for dinner. We plan to go very soon just the two of us.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The Lutsen Lodge dining room looks out over Lake Superior and offers some of the best meals along the north shore, a great wine list, and a romantic setting.

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We ate in the lodge's main restaurant. We've eaten in many restaurants in the US and Europe, and this rates with the best of them. Fabulous walleye, exceptional pecan salad, warm bread, cream fresh for dessert. And as an extra treat on Wednesday it's a bottle of wine for $20. Service spot-on. So surprised at such an exceptional meal. We were there 30+ years ago and had no desire to go back; so glad we did. Envy this exceptional gourmet delight for all who haven't yet been there.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Love this restaurant for its local/scandinavian dishes. We usually only eat here once per trip to the North Shore, but the last time we decided why eat any where else in the Lutsen area. We also played checkers in the Lobby by the fireplace after dinner!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Potato Encrusted Walleye Fillet was Awesome! .Lynne-Anne, Kathleen..and..well me too...I got to steal some from my wife's plate. Bro was way too busy into his Teriyaki Ribeye to even look up..so we knew it was a great steak. We all need the Canadian Walleye recipe. (It is all we catch on our lake) Lutsen Resort served us localy grown veggies and they are all organic.... I had the most incredible baby carrots along with my catch of the day ! Lake Superior Herring (which is another recipe I would love to have) It is honestly the best I have ever had ....Congrats Chef Rob ......and believe me I have had it at a few restaurants along the north shore.! We only stayed one night due to my brother going back to L.A. anyways we will definitely be treating them to a night out there on their next return! Thank-you for a wonderful place to stay on the North Shore!

1  Thank Ralph S