“Fabulous hotel in Mykonos” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Myconian Resort & Thalasso Spa Center

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Royal Myconian Resort & Thalasso Spa Center
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Elia
Newburyport, MA
“Fabulous hotel in Mykonos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

We stayed at The Royal Myconian on our honeymoon and couldn't have been happier. The rooms were very clean and spacious, and we were lucky enough to have our own hot tub on our balcony. The hotel provides free shuttle service into Old Town Mykonos several times a day which was a great plus. The breakfast buffet was great and had anything you could want. The staff were very helpful and always aiming to please and help out whenever they could. It was very quiet and situated in a great spot. You could spend time by the lovely pool or make the short walk down to the private beach. We would recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denmark
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

I dont know where to start about this horrible excuse for a luxury hotel.
I WILL start with saying NEVER; EVER STAY here!!

I am almost 40 years old and I have travelled almost all over the world. I have stayed in any imaginable hotel, from a simple hut in sulawesi to the mandarin oriental.
I have never in my life experienced as poor service and as rude staff as I experienced at the so called Royal Mconian.I have stayed in 3 star hotels that were miles above this sad excuse for a 5 star.

I recently stayed there for a meeting. After an indifferent welcome at the front desk I was told to please wait a few minutes. It turned out to be 15 min before my room was ready. I was the only person checking in at the time!

My room, 203, was damp, smelled like it had not been opened for a few weeks and my so called sea view faced a rock wall. When i tried to chance the room after complaining at the front desk the guy took me to another room, opened the door but, surprise, there was somebody allready in the room!! So, in the end I could not change my room, despite my effort.

The hotel and the rooms are VERY far from 5 star quality. There is a gym but only half the machines work. There is a TV but there is no cable, only 8 channels in greek. There is a WI-FI but it is not free !! IN A 5 STAR HOTAL YOU SHOULD NOT PAR FOR WI-FI! But, never mind because the signal in my room was so week i could not even connect.

Next to my room there was a cleaning station belonging to the housekeeping staff. They woke me up at 7 in the morning by shouting loudly in the hallway and moving things around. There was not even a hint of trying to be a little silent or discrete. The staff did not respect my ”do not disturb” sign but entered my room despite me hanging the sign on the door.

But, even my poor experience would not have prepared me for what my younger colleague was to experience a few hours after i checked in! My colleague had PRE –PAYED his room before he arrived. He was initially told to wait half an hour, then an hour. After 7 (seven!!) hours he was told that some kind of mistake had been made and they would have to put him in another hotel but at the same time refused to return his money! The hotel manager, a heavy guy, with a hair cut like Elvis, refused to tell us his name but offered a free beer as compensation for a 600 € hotel room!!

I have never been so annoyed by nor seen such a behavior from a person in charge of a hotel. It is no wonder the Greek economy is falling to pieces if this is how business is being conducted.

I could go on about all the other things that were just not acceptable, the pool bar refusing to serve food at 19.40 even the menu state service from 12.00-20.00., that you have to go some were into the hotel for towels for the sunbeds at the pool
In short, I will never return to Mykonos, I will never ever stay in a hotel owned or run by the chain behind the so called royal myconian and i hope the the owners of the hotel reads this and fires the manager.

This has been a humiliating, sad and very disappointing insight into a hotel blinded by its own ambition, maneged by a person so unsuited for working in a service job as I have ever experienced. The staff, indifferent and uncaring.
In short, do not ever stay at the Royal Myconian or face the risk of the worst treatment you will ever experience. Did i remember to say ”do not stay here”?

Room Tip: just do not stay here
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Rawlpluks
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Royal Myconian for 4 nights in mid May. Even though the rates are quite expensive, we got probably the nicest room of the hotel with a breathtaking view of Elia beach and a huge veranda with our own private Jacuzzi, which heated up to a brilliant 40 degrees Celcius that made it perfect for use during the windy evenings and beautiful sunsets. The bathroom had my favourite Korres products, which were replenished every day. The cleaner did come in one time just after knocking once, but we learnt our lesson and put the Do Not Disturb sign on the doorhandle, when we needed privacy. The towels were replaced twice daily.
The swimming pool of the hotel is huge and looks fantastic and the view from there is also beautiful. The breakfast was probably one of the best I’ve had – the fresh orange juice was one of the many highlights, alongside the fresh strawberry juice, the eggs, pastries, cheese and spinach pies, nut corner, breads, cheeses, hams, waffles and fruit. The staff were all very friendly and professional, especially Panayotis at reception.
The shuttle bus was very handy and although you may be ‘stuck’ in Hora (town) for many hours, depending on the shuttle bus you take, it’s nothing to complain about as the town is so picturesque and beautiful. One night after going out to a club in Mykonos Town (Hora), we took a cab back to the hotel that cost us 16 Euros. Not too unreasonable for 4.30am.
On a few occasions we even asked the shuttle bus driver to drop us off at the nearest village (Ano Mera), rather than take us all the way to town, as there are plenty of nice tavernas there and the souvlaki for 2.50 Euros was the tastiest on the island. Then on the return from Mykonos Town, the driver would pick us up from the village – after prior arrangement with him. It helped that one of us is Greek, but I think everyone on the island speaks English.
The internet is not free, but for 4 euros you can access very fast internet connection in the hotel lobby. The PCs are brand new.
My partner got bitten by mosquitos one night and when we went to the reception desk, Panayotis gave us a free tub of Fenistil and special mosquito repellent wipes for free.
The hotel clients were families (greek and foreign) and gay couples. There were very few children, but probably during the summer there are probably more – there’s a kids playground on site.
The gym was good and I used it every day, but other than the treadmill and crosstrainer, the rest of the equipment is a bit dated and lets the rest of the hotel down. Also the TV in the gym is not that great. And in the room there’s no MTV or the greek equivalent MAD tv. Other than that, it’s a fantastic 5 star hotel and our room was most likely the best room at any other hotel we’ve ever stayed in. The friendly staff and the veranda with the Jacuzzi made this an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EKGK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

I stayed there for 2 nights with a business meeting. I almost fell 4 times in the slippery main road leading to the reception of the Royal myconian. The road is so steep you actually need a tank or a 4x4 to make it. We had few accidents in our group in those 2 days.
So to summarize : don't go there with kids, don't go wearing flip flops, don't drive a non 4x4 car to the campus.
Go there if you want to miss the action of Mykonos, if you want to do exercise by force, lose weight walking up and down the stairs under the sun or swim in the pool instead of the sea.
That hotel did not belong on that steep side of the mountain and it exists only because some "wise" guy had his way with authorities and got a lisence to build up there.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Thanassis P
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

Nice large room with balcony overlooking the pool area and the Mediterranean. The best beach in Mykonos, Elia, right in front of the hotel. A shuttle bus to town every second hour or more often in the evening, gave us sufficient time to have dinner and look around in the town. The food at the hotel was excellent. But at the end of the day it was the staff made the stay! We will get back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2010

Nice modern room, not so clean, nice bed not a sea view from our balcony and I had made a reservation for a sea view... :-(
Nice food but expensive, perfect hotel view in ELIA BEACH.
Be careful with the personnel because we had put "No disturb" but first came inside without even knocking the person in charge for the things in refrigerator and second the cleaner.
Perfect Thalassa Spa!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

Initialy I was diverted to this hotel from the ambassador( same hotel chain in Mykonos)
It's 25-30 mints drive from the town, although they have a very limited shuttle bus takes to the town, but it's not as convince as it should be, one night the bus was very crowded me and my wife had to stand the whole journey. The view is great, the pool us great, private beach is great, we had room 146 was big but was dated, smelled like old rusted car. There was toilet pipe coming down into our room from the room upstairs, so every time the people upstairs use the toilet, bathroom I could hear the water coming down, it was actualy a loud voice, with off course a bad smell.. The food is great but super expensive. Especially when you stuck in the resort and you have no option other than buy your food from the hotel. As the shuttle time was not convince at all, it take you to the town at 3pm and it won't come back till 10pm you stuck in town fir 7 hrs. I would't mind going back if I had a better room with better shuttle services.

• Stayed October 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elia
Myconian Villa Collection
Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel
Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre
Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA
Myconian Utopia Relais & Chateaux Resort
Mykonos Princess Hotel
Mykonos Princess Hotel
#2 of 10 in Agios Stefanos

Been to Royal Myconian Resort & Thalasso Spa Center? Share your experiences!