“Lovely views”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Elia
Australia
“Lovely views”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in May. The little balcony was lovely with a jacuzzi around the side. The room was spotless and the cleaning staff were great. The reception and bar staff although pleasant were inattentive. Even tipping did not improve the service by the pool bar. Internet is unreliable for both hard wired and wifi connectivity. Staff tried to fix the problem but were unsuccessful and wasted a lot of time. Breakfast was excellent as was dinner in the restaurant. Be sure to take the shuttle to town for a wander in the lane ways and a lazy lunch.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank culturenrelaxation

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Lovely place, away from town. If you are looking to party, you'd better think of somewhere else. For relaxation and family bonding; place is ideal. Spend lovely, romantic afternoons with your loved just like I did, away from the crowded Mykonos streets.
Best breakfast choices we had during our trip, beautiful views, the private beach and pool areas are a lot of fun. The only drawback is the distance from Mykonos town. There's only one shuttle in the morning and scattered shuttles at night. Good luck finding a cab that wants to go to Elia beach. All in all, my girlfriend and I loved the amenities and the place, not so much the location.
Ps. Try to get shuttle times before your arrival. Shuttle leaves right by the Ferry.

1 Thank Global-Speedster
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Positives:
- Location: Elia beach is my favourite beach in Mykonos. Long sandy beach, clear water but not as crowded or noisy as other beaches like Super Paradise. Hotel is on a hill in front of the beach, so there is about 5 mins steep walk between beachfront and hotel lobby.
- Rooms: The rooms are spacious but not as new as I'd like. Having said that, the bed is comfy and the balcony has a fantastic view overlooking the beach, so I can't really complain.
- Cleaning: The rooms are cleaned twice a day (once during the day and another in the evening), which surprised me a bit. The cleaning staff did a fantastic job.
- Hotel staff: Most of the hotel staff are very very friendly, except for the lady who was in charge of local tours and she was too hardselling when we enquired about local excursions, and we found it a bit offputting. But generally staff were really really helpful and friendly.
- Hotel pool: The pool is gorgeous and the sun loungers are very comfortable.
- Free shuttle to town: There are a few shuttle to and from Mykonos town, which is handy and helps save money getting a taxi. However, they are not very frequent and usually it gets quite crowded coming back from town.
- Free transfer to/from airport: Free and convenient. But you need to book both trips in advance.

Negative (the one thing that made them lose 1 star!):
- We booked the hotel 5 months beforehand and I even emailed them a day before my departure to reconfirm the booking and the airport transfer to the hotel. Received an email within 2 hours saying everything was fine.
When we arrived at the airport, we were greeted. Waited for 20 mins and were just told we had to wait for someone to pick us up. There were 2 other guests who didn't book the transfer but just turned up so we were squeezed into a rather small car in the end. Without any heads up, we were driven to another hotel under the same group (The Mykonian Ambassador Hotel). We were then told the Royal Mykonian Hotel was full and we had to stay in a different hotel for 1 night. It seemed extremely disorganised and they should have told us at the airport. Anyway, we got a free room upgrade and a very nice dinner by the pool for free. We got transferred back to the Royal Hotel the next day. No one liked surprises especially got driven to the wrong hotel without any warning! They lost a star here!

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the hotel and the Elia Beach was fantastic! But if you're a party-goer, you may want to consider staying near the Super Paradise Beach or Mykonos town!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WillH_London2014
Chappaqua, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I just got back from a 4-night stay for a wedding. Although I had made the reservation for the Royal Myconian, I was asked if I would mind staying at the brand new extension of the hotel: Avaton, of course I didn't mind, who would? The hotel being very busy with the 300+ guests that landed pretty much around the same time for the wedding, the room was lacking little things that the staff was eager to bring anything I asked for. The major reason I am writing this review is that I had very urgent business to conduct over the internet for my office in NY. Unfortunately, it seemed due to some construction in town, half the island was without internet!!
After attending the rehearsal dinner, I communicated to the reception crew that I absolutely had to connect with my work, the owner/manager, Angelou (not sure of sp) designated a driver, Yorgos to take me to their office on the other side of town in another hotel, where I worked from midnight to 2am with Yorgos waiting for me. The next day, I needed to do additional work, Angelou was prepared now, he had a 3G gizmo ready for me to use. I mean who could ask for more?? As soon as I was done with the work, I gave Angelou a big hug, I have never ever come across service in a hotel that was soooo very excellent!!
Add to that the beautiful weather, the beautiful facility, great cafe/restaurant. Absolutely the best!!
Loved everything about this trip, and I know I am definitely a hellenophile now!!

Room Tip: i liked the high level room at Avaton!! Super new, clean and amazing views!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Its a beautiful property away from town.
The room are very nice with a beautiful sea and pool view.
The staff are very friendly.

The concierge is very knowledgeable and recommended us really nice places, bars and beaches to visit.

The swimming pool and private beach are very good.

the downside of this hotel is that You would need to hire a car to go anywhere.
the roads here are extremely small and full of curves.
and one does not want to drive after parting.

Taxi service is horrible in Myknos. They have only 30 taxis on the full island.
Its a long wait for taxis and they are expensive.

The hotel does have free shuttle to the town but the return timings will never match.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Norwich
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had been driving through the rocky, hilly countryside dropping off various people to their hotels, I was starting to become worried as they didn't look very nice. We were the last ones on the transfer bus when we found ourselves driving down very steep bendy road, that's when we saw the glistening of the crystal waters of Elia beach. When we arrived at the hotel we were awaited by the staff who made us feel very welcome, our bags were taken up to our room whilst we were being briefed on all aspects of the hotel.

Our room was better than imagined with a breathtaking view over the bay (we stayed in the deluxe room with jacuzzi). The room itself was spacious and well decorated; as was the bathroom. The cleaners did a great job everyday. The view from from the balcony around 8 in the evening was spectacular as the sun set.

All of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly- they really made the hotel live up to it's 5 star expectations. The dinner staff were very experienced and, despite the amount of guests they serve, they still greeted you personally as did all of the staff in the hotel.
The food was exceptional, very, very hard to beat, not to mention the location of the restaurant, beautifully positioned overlooking the bay and pool.

The location of the hotel is one of the best on the island. As you may know Mykonos is vulnerable to winds (they call it meltami) which come in from the north and can be very strong, disrupting the sea, however due to this hotels southern location the winds are blocked and the sea is not at all disturbed.

The shuttle 'bus' to town is very luxurious although only runs regularly after 6pm before that it's every couple of hours. The shuttle up and down the hill to the beach is also very helpful, however if like me you like to feel your best in a bikini even with all of the fantastic food this walk is beneficial.

This hotel is perfect for a romantic get away or luxurious break with friends. If your looking for a party, up beat hotel this is not for you, and you would most probably not be the type of person to appreciate all aspects of this hotel.

Overall we were extremely pleased with our stay and although we may not come back to Mykonos (there are too many places in the world to go back to same place) we would highly highly recommend this hotel and certainly understand how it's in 'the leading hotels of the world'.

2 Thank Chelsey6
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon which happened to fall on my birthday. The moment we stepped into the hotel we were greeted with love and hospitality. The entire staff were so amazing!!! Most of all one staff member named Efi was one of the most beautiful people we have ever met. she made us feel so special from the time we arrived till the minute we departed. My husband hurt his toe on the trip, Efi advised us to go to the medical center (thank u Efi!!) in a minute she called a doctor, stopped and held a bus for us to go to town and asked the driver to bring us there. My husband received excellent medical care. That day happened to be my birthday.. As we arrived back to our room there was a bottle of champagne a basket of fresh fruit and a happy birthday letter typed for me!! We then received a phone call from Efi asking how my husband was feeling. I mean, who can Ask for more?? Efi and the entire staff went above and beyond. My husband and i were blown away by the love that was given to us. On top of that the hotel is gorgeous!! The private beach and pool was amazing!! So clean!! Everything and more than we ever expected. We highly recommend this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elia
Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre
#2 of 10 in Agios Stefanos
Palladium Boutique Hotel
Palladium Boutique Hotel
#3 of 26 in Platys Gialos

Been to Royal Myconian Resort & Thalasso Spa Center? Share your experiences!