“Very enjoyable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manhattan Beach
Manhattan Beach Lodge
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We decided to take a spur of the moment trip up north .I went on line to look for a deal came across their web page, super easy reservation for same day stay. I was pleasantly surprised with the lodge, friendly staff, the view of the lake , My husband and I sat on the beach at night and they came down started the fire for us .It was really nice. The only downfall was the room kinda smelt like a wet dog. But the windows opened and it was fine, will go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jean d

Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

Not what I expected. I have stayed at the other resort that is partner with this one and it was wonderful. I understand that this resort is much older, just seems like opposite management. Our room was ok, nice lakeside view, fairly clean. The air conditioner was leaking water, so carpet was very wet, seems like it could have been that way for awhile. Breakfast, if you can even call it that was terrible! Old apples and oranges, muffins and bagels, cold cereal. I wanted just a piece of toast, none, and had to wait until 8:00 for that! Sauna was great, hot tub was cold. Grounds by lake were filthy. Garbage all over, even in lake. I would highly recommend other resort they own.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Manhattan Beach is my favorite place to eat when I come up north to my parents cabin. I always ask to go there, and love sitting outside. We had reservations to sit outside, and the friendly host and hostess sat us immediately. Waters and menus were already set out for us. Our server Clare greeted us immediately. What a friendly and genuine server! I am and have been a server/bartender for about half my life, and she did everything perfectly. And she always had a smile on her face and really seemed like she cared about the quality of our dining experience. The food is always good, but everything was cooked just perfectly. My parents both love the wedge salad which they both ordered and I had a wonderful Caesar. For our entrees, I had a rib-eye, my mom had lamb, and my dad had the pork shank. Everything was so delicious and we raved about our meals all night.

We love Manhattan Beach and will be back for years to come. Thank you to Clare, the cooks, the hosts and everyone who made our night so special.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Molly R
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Super nice place to spend a summer weekend

Great location w perfect sunset view over the lake. Great food and nice outdoor patio for dining. This is a quaint place which we really enjoyed

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank RedShark_8
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Enjoyed our 3 night stay at this historic, but rustically renovated lodge. We were looking to rent a VRBO, but right before we booked we saw a great daily deal for this lodge. We had eaten at the restaurant before and enjoyed the experience, so were excited to stay.

We stayed in a min-suite - king bed w/creatively decorative dvider between small lounge/kitchenette area (microwave, fridge, counter and sink w/small log table and 2 chairs). Looked just like pictured on webiste - only nicer. Lounge area had comfy sofa and fireplace plenty of room for hubby and I. Room was cleaned daily - which was a perk vs a VRBO. We were able to dock our pontoon out front all 3 days - plenty of room. Launch was only 1 block away, so was easy to get to this resort (which is nice to know, because public launches on this chain are few and lake route to your lodging can be long....as we previously discovered.) Staff was friendly and sunsets beautiful. Great patio area - dining was good, but a little spendy. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Southshore4
Reviewed 18 May 2012

visited early last fall with a friend, had a great lakeside view, large room with fridge, sink, microwave, etc. the food in the dining room was very good and they had a nice variety of options, beverages from the bar were also well done. Service from everyone was very cordial. Nice relaxing weekend... sad to read Bre L.'s revue, though... hope management has read it because it is something that needs to be addressed

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris O
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed in room 124. Oversized suite with fireplace, whirlpool tub, and deck. It was very nice and we had a great time. We dined in our room and the restaurant. The food was great and our server was very fun! Our room was nice and the bed very comfortable. Parts of the hotel are showing their age. Our room had a tub but no shower head? The TV was old and small. A Flat screen would update it nicely.

The bar is lively and perfect for cocktails. We took a trip to Walker, MN and had a great drive with scenic views. This place is not 5 star but perfect for a MN lake getaway. We would and will go back.

• Stayed: February 2012
#1 of 2 in Pine River
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes

Been to Manhattan Beach Lodge? Share your experiences!