“OK stay!”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Toledo, Ohio
“OK stay!”
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Priced a little high, but service was very good at the Front Desk. No complaints.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Milwaukee
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I tried to be thrify and booked a room for two nights at Super 8 in Mankato. Our room was in the basement, which was a smoking floor. Who knew hotels still had smoking floors, especially in a state that has banned smoking everywhere else! Our room was smoking and smelled horrible. I have a two year old and an infant and could not subject my little ones to the smoke. The hotel was unable to change our room to non-smoking. The counter tops were sticky, the carpet was dirty, and the air conditioner had mold around it. We did not stay at the Super 8. We moved to a different hotel in town.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Peter56001, Manager at Super 8 Mankato, responded to this review, 15 June 2010
We at Super 8 hope to make each and every guests stay a pleasant experience. We apologize if your stay was less than that. While we do have a limited number of smoking rooms, we do try to accomodate each guests room type request. We are very sorry that we did not have a non smoking to offer you . If you call ahead to book your room, we do tell you what room types are available. Again we are sorry that we not able to move you to a room that was more to your liking.
Postville, Ia
Reviewed 5 March 2009

We had a very enjoyable time in Mankato. I decided to try the Super 8, because I thought that the previous review was a bit MUCH!. Well, I was right. The hotel was certainly adequate. All three rooms we had were clean and nicely supplied. Two of the rooms had recliners in them and all three had very nice flat panel televisions. The rooms had refrigerators and microwaves that were very handy.
The staff was very accomodating, and even let us have quiet soak in the hot tub, even though we got in after hours. And to make up for all those calories I'd taken in on Sat night, the exercise equipment was available to keep me in line.
To give the bed bugs a fair shake, I lifted up the mattress (nicely padded, by the way) and checked, and there were NO bugs. I do have to admit that this was the first time I ever did that.
The breakfast was very basic, but for the inexpensive rates we were given, I didn't feel unfairly treated. I had checked rates at almost every motel in the city, and the Super 8 rates were easily in the most affordable category.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
illinois
Reviewed 16 January 2009

I came to Mankato to see my family and to take my daughter back to college. I decided to stay at the Super 8 because it was close to the road and pretty cheap. What I found in my room made me nauseous! BED BUGS UNDER THE MATTRESSES! I didn't even both notifying the front desk because they were rude to begin with so I just left and stayed at a different place. I didn't even want another room because they are all probably infested and if any of these things happened to get into my clothes my home could've been infested as well. I will never stay here again and fair warning for anyone else who decides to stay!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bed bugs
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Peter56001, owner at Super 8 Mankato, responded to this review, 25 April 2009
We here at the Mankato Super 8 pride ourselfs on our cleanliness and friendly service. We have our property inspected twice monthly for any bugs or pests. We use Plunketes pest control. This is a preventitive measure and has worked well for us. I can honestly say that we have NEVER had bedbugs. I am saddened that anyone would believe differently. Please feel free to stop by and check out our clean and comfortable rooms.,