“Excellent overall experience...highly recommend!”
Review of Courtyard Mankato

Courtyard Mankato
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
GreenLeadersSilver level
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Excellent overall experience...highly recommend!”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Everything about this hotel met or exceeded my expectations and I look forward to visiting again in the near future! Every member of the staff that I interacted with was extremely helpful and friendly, the property as a whole is gorgeous and I was very pleased with my room. The pool and workout areas were also great...a very classy, fairly priced hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear emmonsa,

Thank you for writing your review called “Excellent overall experience...highly recommend!” Wow, we really appreciate those comments!

Myself and rest of my staff are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our hope is you will share this experience with others verbally just as you have in writing. We are Greater Mankato's newest hotel which means a lot of potential guest don't even know we exist. We are relying heavy on word of mouth and referrals from our guests.

Upon your next visit if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable please don't hesitate to ask any of our associates, the manager on duty or myself.

Stay warm!

Preston Lougheed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Faribault, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had our family Christmas here at the Brand New hotel in Mankato! The staff was very well trained and all had pleasant attitudes. If we needed anything the staff was there to help us and get it for us right away, they had everything we needed and more. I was also very impressed by the Hotel Décor. The rooms are beautifully decorated, and I felt at home.They have a beautiful Event Center that we held our entire family gathering for the holidays, very great for events. Our family really enjoyed the pool, the hot tub, and the fitness center - Their equipment and facilities are very up to date and very well taken care of. They also have a huge lobby that makes you feel very welcomed, with big screen T.V's, furniture, computers, and a very fine and dine restaurant. Thank you to all the staff at The Courtyard by Marriott for making Our stay the greatest! We will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Val V,

Thank you for spending your family Christmas at our Hotel. At Marriott we love to be the home away for home for families around the world and we are glad you choose our hotel for your gathering. Myself and our entire staff are delighted that everything went well for you and we hope to see you the same time next year.

Happy holidays!

Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 January 2014

What a great hotel. So clean and a fun place to stay. The staff was great and so friendly. It is so beautiful inside the hotel. The rooms are so comfortable and have everything you need for a great stay. I just wish it was warmer outside so I could have enjoyed the patio. Best Place in Mankato!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jenina n

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review on our hotel and I appreciate your comments very much.

I can't agree more that I think this is the place to stay while visiting the Greater Mankato area. I would appreciate your help in spreading the word that Mankato has a new Marriott and we are open for business,

Safe travels and stay warm,

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Ok, so I had originally booked what I thought was the weekend at this hotels sister location in town. Turns out I was wrong...and boy am I glad I did that. The room was to die for! Huge w/ actual walking area and not just space to squeeze between the bed, tv stand, walls....love the bathroom shower (stayed in king w/spa). We tried to book an additional day but the next day they were full up.... Next trip plan on booking more time. Would agree with prev review disapointed breakfast wasnt included....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Karin J,

We are so pleased you made this mistake and found our hotel! If we are ever booked feel free to double check with myself or any manager as rooms do sometimes become available even at the last minute. I hope 2014 is off to a great start for you and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future. As you mentioned we do not have a continental breakfast, however we are happy to offer freshly made food and we proudly brew Starbucks coffee.

Thanks for staying with us!

MN
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel is amazing! The property is beautiful and comfortable and has such a welcoming atmosphere. The hotel offers several nice options - both indoors and outdoors - for visiting in groups...really nice sitting areas. The rooms were clean and so comfortable. Above and beyond all of that, though, is the service! Each person on staff that I encountered was gracious, kind, and went above and beyond! I would HIGHLY recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
MissMeeting,

“Amazing” - Thank you for the great review, staying at our hotel and for recommending us!

Having the screen name of Miss Meeting I'm guessing you have traveled quite a bit? With that said we really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our hotel and staff.

We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Michigan
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed here when our son graduated from MSU in May. Beautiful, comfortable, gracious staff. Walking distance to the mall and many other establishments nearby for shopping or dining. Only drawback is that breakfast was not included with the room. There is a restaurant in the hotel that does serve meals and drinks.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
NMU_mom,

Considering you stayed with us for your son’s graduation, I'm guessing you won’t be traveling to the area again? Either way we appreciate the kind words you shared on this site and hope you will share your experience with friends and family as well. Depending on the date, occupancy and what events may be happening in town we do offer a discount for visitors to MSU.

Congratulations on your son graduating from college, you must be very proud of him!

Safe travels,

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 December 2013

This hotel is AmAzInG! I'm serious. When I wrote in the title that this hotel has now ruined our family to stay at future places. I wasn't kidding. The rooms were spacious, the beds couldn't be more comfortable, the front lobby was huge to hang out at and watch some tv on the big screen (football) or play some games at the table with my family. It was too cold to enjoy the courtyard, but it looked real nice. I would 100% come back and will recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room at this hotel.