“Great Staff, Great Location, Great Facility”
Review of Courtyard Mankato

Courtyard Mankato
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Mankato
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have been looking for a hotel to host our annual senior high youth gathering at for many years. I believe we have finally found the perfect hotel! The space is perfect with the conference center, the pool, the fire pit, and of course, the teens love the coffee shop!
Staff went out of their way to help with anything they could, with a smile on their face. Rachel was great to work with on the event logistics. We will return!

Room Tip: Loved the suite, it was perfect for our leadership group to meet and relax in.
1  Thank bdbcj
Courtyard_Mankato901, Director of Sales at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Bdbcj,

Thank you so much for the positive comments. It was such a pleasure hosting your group. This is a wonderful group of young teens and we are so happy that they enjoyed their stay. Our staff truly enjoyed connecting and interacting with each one of them. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel & Event Center as your primary location for your conference. We truly enjoyed having all of you stay with us over the weekend. We look forward to 2015 and hosting another great conference!

Rachel Mattison
Director of Sales

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My family and I were here for one night attending a wedding and reception at the hotel. This was a wonderful place for a wedding and reception. The staff was terrific to our two year old son and the hotel was perfect for our stay. I loved the modern rooms and decor. The hotel was clean and provided everything we needed (including Starbucks coffee in the lobby). We had a king room which was on the small side, but fine for one night. Note, if you have small kids, the room does not have a tub, rather a shower which was fine again for one night. We used the pool in the morning and my son enjoyed it. It is on the small side as well, but was perfect for us. Loved this hotel, the staff and the location, close to everything. Would stay again - recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EJV32012
Courtyard_Mankato901, Director of Sales at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Jezabel27,

Thank you so much for your comments on your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our rooms and that you enjoyed the wedding. We love hearing positive feedback about our staff. We pride ourselves on making every guest feel important and we are glad that we were able to succeed in that area. We are glad that our indoor pool was the perfect size for your family! Please let us know the next time you are in town and I would love to meet you face to face!

Rachel Mattison
Wedding Planner

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Have had several meetings at the hotel. Staff and food were great. Will continue to keep using for future meetings. Meeting rooms are clean and well set up for large or small groups. Have used a couple special suites they have set up for very small groups.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear CB123452014 ,

We are Southern Minnesota's newest Hotel & Event Center so I appreciate your comments and sharing with other visitors, businesses that our Event Center is a great place to host a meeting. We can accommodate up to 400 guests and our Executive Chef can personalize a menu for any event from business meetings to weddings.

Please accept our sincere thank you for your business and for writing a review. Greatly appreciated!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Cindy and Tiffany were very friendly and cheerful! Always had a smiling face and made my experience one to remember anything I needed they were there to help I will definitely recommend this hotel to many others and I will for sure be back again!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Darien12323,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I will share your comments about Cindy and Tiffany with them the next time they work. I'm confident once I share this review with them it will make their day.

We appreciate in advance anyone that you refer our way!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel is in awesome location, friendly staff and one of the best places, I've stayed at. Plus are cleaning lady Tiffany was wonderful housekeeper, super friendly also and very cheerful. She was very help to any of are needs.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear matettam,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! I have shared your comments with Tiffany and she was really excited to see her name mentioned in your review. She & I look forward to having you stay with us again next time you in the area.

Have a great day,

Reviewed 14 March 2014

From 9-14 March 2014 I stayed in the Courtyard Mankato. The hotel is nice, everything is new and the rooms are spacious. The hotel is located close to the highway and the business area of Mankato. Appr. 5 km from Mankato city center, so you need a car (as always in the USA).
The hotel has a nice, but not too big indoor pool and als a gym; everything brand new!
Wifi is OK, not really fast but at least free.
The restaurant offers a very poor selection of dishes (snacks); for a real meal you have to go outside.
At walking distance from the hotel is a large shopping mall.

What to improve:
- Initially I was given a parents+child room with a door to the adjacent room. My experience with this type of room is horrible (most times you can understand each word spoken in the other room), so I requested and got another room. My advice is to exclude this type of room when you book.
- The way the breakfast is organised is the most important point of improvement.
Each guest has to order his breakfast individually and after 5 minutes it is served. Although the hotel employees are very friendly and do their very best to serve the guests this system takes too many time. A breakfast buffet would be a major improvement. The choice of food, which is currently very limited, could also be improved in that case.
- Last but not least: Breakfast is very costly; 10-15 dollars are easily spent per day.

Conclusion: The Courtyard Mankato can become a great place for business travellers to stay.
As long as the breakfast is not improved I will select another hotel for my next trip.

Room Tip: Take a room on the parking-lot side without a door to the adjacent room.
2  Thank Alexander462
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Alexander462,

I just received your review and wanted to respond right away. I appreciate your comments about your stay at our hotel and myself and our entire staff appreciates the nights you stayed with us!

Marriott has 16 brands of hotels to meet the different amenity level that guest request or desire. The greater Mankato area offers two of these brands being the Courtyard and Fairfield Inn. Our sister hotel the Fairfield Inn caters to the customer who wants a complimentary breakfast with different offerings on different days of the week. Here at the Courtyard as you experienced, we offer fresh made to order breakfast including serving Starbucks coffee. At dinner time there is enough menu selections to have something different for over a week but you are correct if you looking for a full dinner like fish or steak we are happy to recommended one of our local favorites.

In regards to the pool we actually have a larger pool than most Courtyards and even bigger than the Fairfield Inn but I would agree with you it’s not as big as some would like. Our WIFI is free and from a survey we have done it is the fastest in town, if you give our hotel another opportunity to have you as our guest and you experience any problems with the WIFI please ask for a manager on duty to assist you.

The connecting room that you were first assigned to has many sound deafening features that older hotels don’t have to reduce the noise from room to room. If you would have stayed in that room I'm confident you would have not heard your neighbor. The rooms closest to the freeway also have been built to overcome any noise with more insulation, more expensive windows with a lowed decibel rating. We have only been open 1 year and 5 months and have had very few complaints from that side of the building.

I appreciate all your comments and I will share them with our entire management staff to look for areas where we can improve. Please call the hotel directly and ask for me to reserve your next night with us and I would be happy to meet and buy you for breakfast the following morning.

Thanks for your time!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stay at the Courtyard frequently for business, their hospitality is excellent. To the point where I had a rip in my suit pants and could not find a local tailor and the front desk personnel (Wendi) was kind enough to sew them for me. All of the personnel are more than accommodating and very friendly. New hotel, all of the rooms are clean. Perfect hotel for frequent business travel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Mr. William N,

Wendi had told me during your stay about your predicament and I was thrilled at her willingness to first try to help you find a tailor but then sewing the suit herself! I will publically thank Wendi at one of our staff meetings, at Marriott we call this the Spirit to Serve.

I appreciate your staying at our hotel and also for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.com. If you’re staying with us in the future and time permits please ask for me at the front desk as I would enjoy meeting you! Maybe the weather will be a little warmer next time you’re in town?