“Terrific place!”

Courtyard Mankato
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Just stopped in to have a coffee at the Courtyard. Kelly was so friendly and gave me a most warm welcome.She went out her way to help even after the closing time. Also used the public restroom and it was the cleanest place I have observed in a long time. Manager also greeted me as I left. This place "gets" customer service!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Art W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate you stopping in for even a short time as we offer our Starbucks daily for your caffeine needs. I was please to speak with you and want to thank you for being a Marriott Platinum Elite Member and your continued business with Marriott. We hope to have to opportunity to serve you for any lodging needs you may have.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The Courtyard by Marriott in Mankato was a fantastic place for a wedding. My best friend got married and everything went very smooth. It was a very enjoyable evening! The bride and groom were hoping for the ceremony to be held in the courtyard but due to the weather it was held in the event center, where the dinner and reception were also held. The staff did a great job making the space beautiful and appropriate for a ceremony. They also did a good job transitioning the space during cocktail hour into a reception/dance hall again. Everything went as planned, even though the weather didn't. The food was also amazing! And everyone working there was very professional.
The hotel staff were very courteous and accommodating, especially since there were people trying to check in early due to the poor weather. The rooms were very comfortable and modern and extremely clean. We stayed in a King room and the set up was very unique. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but after I was used to it, it was actually much more comfortable than the "usual" arrangement for a hotel room. I slept like a baby!
The pool and hot tub area was very nice, they even had handicap accessible lifts so that everyone can enjoy the amenities.
Overall, the Courtyard by Marriott was fantastic! Every event should run smooth and every hotel stay should be that enjoyable! I will be returning for sure.

Room Tip: King room with pull out sofa would be good for a couple with small children.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Tiffany W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel! Weather in Minnesota does not always cooperate and we are so pleased that even given that downfall, we had to opportunity to make the day special for you and your friends families. We strive to ensure that there is a backup plan at all times in these instances and do our best to plan for the event to continue to run smoothly. I am glad to hear that you found your room clean and refreshing as well. When you are traveling we understand that a clean and comfortable room is the key to an enjoyable stay and I am happy that we were able to meet your needs in this area. We look forward to your return trip and having the opportunity to welcome you back to the Courtyard Mankato Hotel and Events Center.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My family and I spent this past few days at the courtyard for my sisters wedding, all the staff did a very good job, wedding dinner came in a very timely manner and it was an overall great experience, however the one thing that stuck out to me the most was one particular employee, I had to find out her name just because how extremely helpful, kind and welcoming she made me, she was extremely good with children, she actually took a second out of her day to put a smile on my 5 year old daughters face. This employees name is tiffany bruender, I think she deserves kudos for her hard work and hospitality. A

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear, Nate T

Thank you so much for your kind words of our Hotel and Staff. We strive to meet and exceed all of our guests needs at every opportunity. I have shared your comments with Tiffany and thanked her very much for taking care of our guest's needs. We consider it a pleasure to be able to assist you and hope that you continue to come see us for your lodging or convention needs.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have been looking for a hotel to host our annual senior high youth gathering at for many years. I believe we have finally found the perfect hotel! The space is perfect with the conference center, the pool, the fire pit, and of course, the teens love the coffee shop!
Staff went out of their way to help with anything they could, with a smile on their face. Rachel was great to work with on the event logistics. We will return!

Room Tip: Loved the suite, it was perfect for our leadership group to meet and relax in.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bdbcj
Courtyard_Mankato901, Director of Sales at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Bdbcj,

Thank you so much for the positive comments. It was such a pleasure hosting your group. This is a wonderful group of young teens and we are so happy that they enjoyed their stay. Our staff truly enjoyed connecting and interacting with each one of them. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel & Event Center as your primary location for your conference. We truly enjoyed having all of you stay with us over the weekend. We look forward to 2015 and hosting another great conference!

Rachel Mattison
Director of Sales

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My family and I were here for one night attending a wedding and reception at the hotel. This was a wonderful place for a wedding and reception. The staff was terrific to our two year old son and the hotel was perfect for our stay. I loved the modern rooms and decor. The hotel was clean and provided everything we needed (including Starbucks coffee in the lobby). We had a king room which was on the small side, but fine for one night. Note, if you have small kids, the room does not have a tub, rather a shower which was fine again for one night. We used the pool in the morning and my son enjoyed it. It is on the small side as well, but was perfect for us. Loved this hotel, the staff and the location, close to everything. Would stay again - recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EJV32012
Courtyard_Mankato901, Director of Sales at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Jezabel27,

Thank you so much for your comments on your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our rooms and that you enjoyed the wedding. We love hearing positive feedback about our staff. We pride ourselves on making every guest feel important and we are glad that we were able to succeed in that area. We are glad that our indoor pool was the perfect size for your family! Please let us know the next time you are in town and I would love to meet you face to face!

Rachel Mattison
Wedding Planner

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Have had several meetings at the hotel. Staff and food were great. Will continue to keep using for future meetings. Meeting rooms are clean and well set up for large or small groups. Have used a couple special suites they have set up for very small groups.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear CB123452014 ,

We are Southern Minnesota's newest Hotel & Event Center so I appreciate your comments and sharing with other visitors, businesses that our Event Center is a great place to host a meeting. We can accommodate up to 400 guests and our Executive Chef can personalize a menu for any event from business meetings to weddings.

Please accept our sincere thank you for your business and for writing a review. Greatly appreciated!

Preston Lougheed

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Cindy and Tiffany were very friendly and cheerful! Always had a smiling face and made my experience one to remember anything I needed they were there to help I will definitely recommend this hotel to many others and I will for sure be back again!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Darien12323,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I will share your comments about Cindy and Tiffany with them the next time they work. I'm confident once I share this review with them it will make their day.

We appreciate in advance anyone that you refer our way!

Preston Lougheed