“Great hotel and staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
GA,
“Great hotel and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a very well manitained and clean hotel. Room was nice , clean and fresh smelling. The A/C was left on so that there is no stale odour. Decor is well thought of. For a change the shower is not in a bath tub. Breakfast options and convinience store are good. It is loctated in an area that has many choices of resturants and shops.
Complements to all the staff. They were always smiling and ready to help. Thank you everyone

Room Tip: Ask for room on higher floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Boe L, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear paragkarania,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We are extremely pleased that you had a great stay with us. We try to ensure optimal temperatures in our rooms so that is it comfortable when you arrive in them. It can be tricky this time of year so we very pleased that this is something that stood out to you.

We are very proud of the helpful staff that we have at the hotel. They truly feel that all of our guests are our extended family and that they want to take care of them as such. I am happy to hear that they always were ready to help you out and I will pass on your kind words of them.

Again thank you so much for taking the time to comment about our hotel. We look forward to any future stays that you have in the Mankato area.

Boe Lindvall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Madison, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was in Mankato to help my son move back home after graduating from college in Mankato. This hotel is only about 18 months old and you could tell!

I have stayed at three other hotels in Mankato and this is by far the nicest. There was plenty of parking and the hotel is right next to the River Hills Mall. The exterior was nice and the grounds were well taken care of.

As soon as I walked into the lobby I was greeted and I was able to check in right away. I asked for a room away from the highway if possible and was told yes and even asked if I had a floor preference. The person who checked me in was professional and friendly.

The room was very nice. It was clean and very functional. The carpet and furnishings were nice and the color in the room was a welcome change. There was a mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in a small area between the bedroom and bathroom and a small partition that kept those items separate from the bedroom which was refreshing.

I sat out in their spacious courtyard and also went into the hot tub. The outdoor courtyard was very nice and they had a fire pit.

This is a great property. It was quiet and I got a good night's sleep. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. I only wish it had opened earlier.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask to have a room on the side of the building away from the highway.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vickier
Dear Vickier,

I would like to first offer your son a congratulations for his graduation. That is a very exciting new journey for him I am sure and a great achievement!

Thank you so much for expressing your kind thoughts of our property. We feel very proud to be in Mankato and have the opportunity for our guests to feel the true Marriott feel in Mankato, MN. We also do take a lot of pride in the exterior of our property. I am so pleased that you noticed this at arrival.

We strive to ensure that each of our guests is taken care of above and beyond. It is so nice to hear that you were greeted in such a manner from our Front Desk. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our Front Desk associates as well.

We also feel very proud and lucky to have the space that we have in our outdoor Courtyard for our guests needs and I am glad that you were able to really take advantage of this. It is a great feature of the property that lends itself to so many options from Weddings to Corporate lunches to get out of the building and recharge.

Again thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to having you back if you are in the Mankato area again.

Becker, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We only booked the room for a short over-night, but I very much enjoyed the style of the hotel -very modern, very nice. I was impressed with: 1. A usable mini-fridge in our room! Something that I've always wanted in a room but is usually never available or filled with things I have to pay for. 2. The bistro downstairs where we nabbed some breakfast had cafe drinks, to-go items, and breakfast scrambles and sandwiches made fresh.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sara B,

I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. It is also good to see that the little things are noticed and appreciated in the rooms. Courtyard has done a lot of research and listening to traveler needs and the Mini-fridge is one of the biggest. If you are on a short trip you will still always have something that you want to keep cold.

Our Bistro is also a great option for our guests because it does have cooked to order food that we feel is something guests appreciate as well as our Starbucks options.

We are so happy that you stayed with us and took the time to review are property and look forward to being able to welcome you back when you find yourself in the Mankato area again.

Wabasha, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed overnight at the Courtyard by Marriott in Mankato, MN in May 2014. I enjoy the similar Marriott property in Moorhead, MN so I knew what to expect. Had a conference there the next day and I want to compliment the establishment on several things.
1. The rooms are great. Everything a business traveler needs! Well laid out, clean and modern.
2. Always love the option of food in the lobby restaurant. I really enjoy their salmon salad and it was great. Glad they put calories on the food. Really makes you think. Also love getting a glass of wine even if it is $8.00.
3. Had a conference there the next day and the staff were outstanding. Wanted to help so much and always smiling and happy. In fact, every staff person I met seemed so happy! A special acknowledgement to Mona, the operations manager who retrieved a receipt for me and Lucas who was outstanding with our microphone problems. Banquet taco bar was also a great meal for large conference.
Thanks Marriott for doing these type of establishments. Makes business trips so much easier.

Room Tip: GPS has issues finding this place but it is worth the trip.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Boe L, Operations Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am so delighted that we were able to meet your expectations! We take pride in our hotel and try to go above and beyond for all of our guests. Here at Courtyard by Marriott being consistent in our brand is of utmost importance and your example of the Moorehead property and you knowing what to expect when you came to visit us here in Mankato is exactly why that is. From the cleanliness of rooms to our helpful staff we want you to feel welcomed and comfortable and we are elated that we met your needs. I love hearing that our guests see the happiness in our associates. Of course we see it because we get to interact with them daily but it really means a lot when someone such as yourself makes mention of it as well. I will pass this along to them!

How wonderful that your event went well! I remember speaking with you personally and all of the many wonderful things you had to say about our facility so thank you again. Additionally, I’m very happy that you enjoyed your salad and wine. As I oversee the Bistro, it’s wonderful to get feedback.

Again, many thanks to you and we hope to see you again sometime very soon! Please let either myself or any of our staff know of your future visits and if we can accommodate you in any way.

Have a wonderful Summer!

Mona Mokoff
Operations Manager
Blue Earth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our daughter was married at the Courtyard in Mankato, Minnesota, this weekend. We were there for the entire weekend and held all of our activities on site--rehearsal, ceremony, reception/dinner/dance, and gift opening brunch the day after the wedding. The facility is beautiful and the staff was friendly, kind, helpful, and wonderful throughout our entire stay. Things could not have gone more smoothly, and we are beyond pleased

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side, main floor, were nice and quiet.
Green Features: We were very happy to see recycling containers in the rooms and appreciate Marriott's efforts to be as "green" as possible.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Boe L, Director of Events at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Becky K,

Thank you so much for the review. We truly appreciated having you and your family here for the wedding. Rachel was an absolutely beautiful bride and she looked wonderful! We truly enjoyed hosting your daughter’s wedding here. Everything went great and the weather was perfect! Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to plan your daughter’s wedding. It was such a pleasure! Thank you again and the next time you plan to stay at The Courtyard in Mankato, please feel free to get a hold of me personally! Best wishes to you and your added family members!

Rachel Mattison
Wedding Planner
Cave Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

that a relatively new Courtyard would be here. First time traveling in MN for business and my co-worker picked this town which is just over 1 hour from our final destination. After traveling thru miles of country roads and farmland it was a nice surprise to see the Courtyard. Was even better to find out that it was a newer one with all the amenities & updated furnishings/decors. Lifetime Gold means that I stay in a lot of Marriotts and it makes a difference.

Rooms were great for resting and working. We had dinner off site, but stopped by the lobby afterwards for a night cap at the Cafe bar. Staff was very polite & professional with check-in and inquiring where to grab dinner.

Will definitely be back when I travel back to MN for business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Boe L, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear PirateEC,

I would like to first thank you very much for your loyalty to Marriott and being a lifetime Gold Member! That is something that both our property and Marriott value very dearly.

We are very pleased that you were able to locate us during your travel as well. We truly appreciate you taking to time to share your insight on our hotel and kind words of our staff. Our company is very proud to have knowledgeable employees who truly have a spirit to serve.

We look forward to your return visits and continued business with both Courtyard Mankato as well as Marriott hotels.

Madison Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I just got married here and it was so incredible and memorable. Rachel, the wedding planner was amazing and SO helpful. The hotel looks great just walking in the front door and the outdoor courtyard, (where we had our ceremony) was so beautiful :) I would definitely recommend this place for everything: the ceremony, reception, and place for guests to stay. Overall, it was the best day of my life :)

• Stayed May 2014
Boe L, Director of Events at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Margo91981,

Thank you so much for hosting your wedding with us! It was truly a pleasure working with you! I hope you had the best day of your life! The weather was perfect for your ceremony and the reception was a hit with your live band! I enjoyed working with you and your husband and I wish you all the happiness from The Courtyard and the next time you would like to stay at our hotel for your anniversary please contact us!

Rachel Mattison