“Family Wedding in Mankato”
Review of Courtyard Mankato

Courtyard Mankato
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed two nights at the Courtyard by Marriott in Mankato. It is a really lovely place. I was there for a wedding, so was happy to see a refrigerator in the double room. The staff was quite accommodating...from asking for additional towels to asking about special options for my latte! They were also very helpful when it came to recommendations for area restaurants.

The ala carte options at the coffee/breakfast bar were nice. I had one of their breakfast sandwiches and it was quite delicious and served with fruit.

We had a family wedding there and they accommodated almost 300 people. There was a quick change when a downpour happened shortly before the time of the outdoor wedding, so it was changed to inside. It all looked like it had been planned that way. They had the bar open and it was enjoyed by all. Food for the big group was tasty...as chicken for 300 goes!

Usually travel alone, but had my niece with me this time. Nice double beds in a quiet room. I like the 3rd floor (top) to keep it as quiet as possible and it worked.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Boe L, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear DJ7Chicago,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience at our hotel! I am so pleased to hear that our staff was attentive to your needs and questions. We truly take pride in serving our guests needs to ensure that they enjoy their stay and I am very pleased to hear that you experienced that.

We are also very pleased with the options that Marriott has provided in our Bistro. The Starbucks coffee also gives us a much more vast variety for guests as well.

In Minnesota you can’t ever be certain of what the weather is going to do so we do have to have backup plans for our Weddings. It is unfortunate when Mother Nature does decide to do so as we are very proud of our beautiful Courtyard. I am so please to hear that it was performed smoothly and with little interruption. In those cases our Events staff has a great resolve to be able to turn a negative into a positive.

Thank you so much again for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel and staff. We look forward to having you back at the Courtyard!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Aesthetically, the hotel is very appealing, however, the entire staff had somewhat of a "fake" charm (managers, front desk workers, bistro employees, and even the housekeepers). When I tried to eat at their bistro, I asked what was a good food choice and she recommended another restaurant! Wouldn't you, as a business, recommend the food that your hotel serves? However, I am glad she recommended another restaurant because the bistro menu lacked variety and most meals were over $10. The next morning I went to the bistro for breakfast and was given attitude from the "operations manager", Mona. Next time, I will take my family and my money elsewhere. Very unhappy.

Room Tip: You will pay a lot of money to spend the night in a room that is overlooking the highway. Very noisy...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Boe L, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Joann A,

I am very sorry that you did not feel you received the value we strive to give to all of our guests during your stay with us. Our staff does their best to go above and beyond for all of our guests and if they came off in a less than genuine manner to you I am deeply sorry and I will monitor these interactions further.

We do always try to promote our delicious food at our Bistro and in some instances guests would like to go exploring to outside restaurants at times. The associate that you are speaking of may have misunderstood the question that you may have been asking; however I will work with the entire Bistro staff to ensure that they do promote the Bistro first as we do have wonderful options for dinner and breakfast. If your meal was unsatisfactory I apologize and would love to talk with you further about the issue and find out what we could do to help you out.

I have also touched base with Mona and discussed the situation directly. She and I are very apologetic for actions that would come off in such a manner of attitude, as this is not her or the Courtyard by Marriott standard for guest satisfaction. I would love to get a little better idea exactly from you what may have happened. If you have ability and would encourage you to reach out to me by calling me at the hotel to discuss further. We never want a guest to leave our building with a bad impression of the hotel and our staff does go above and beyond to try to make sure that never happens. I see that we did fall short in your eyes and for that I am deeply sorry. I hope that you have the option to discuss further so that I can address these concerns with our staff to better our guest’s experiences when staying at our hotel. Thank you for your time and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had the privilege of attending a wedding reception at the hotel and staying the night. There were 385 guests in attendance. We were served delicious food in a very timely fashion. Amazing wait staff. Our room was lovely, clean, beautifully decorated and very quiet. We were on the same floor as the reception and did not hear a sound after we went to our room. Our bed was very comfortable.
We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Boe L, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Pk,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your happy experience at our hotel. We as a team are extremely grateful for your kind words. We greatly appreciate feedback like this to continue to build a hardworking and dedicated team here at the Courtyard by Marriott. Your feedback will be shared with the members of my team as encouragement to keep doing the best that we can to ensure that we are giving our guests the best experience possible.

We hope that we are able to have you again in the future for any local events or a weekend get away with your family or friends.

Again thank you so much for taking the time to comment about our hotel. We look forward to any future stays that you have in the Mankato area.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here on a family trip, after reading other TA reviews. The room was very comfortable and the small food service area served a nice breakfast--try the oatmeal. It isn't glop! There are booths and tables and plenty of TVs if you want to watch the news. It doubles in the evening as a small bar.

The desk staff was professional and very helpful. Mona was particularly welcoming and remembered our names when she returned from her day off.

There was a wedding going on and the hotel was "buzzing" with happy people. There's an outdoor fire around which several people were sitting and visiting. There's a sunlit patio and a somewhat confusing entry to the property--it's at the back of the building.

Dear Jagggs,

Thank you for staying with us, I happy to hear you were able to enjoy your time with your family! We love being able to host families in our hotel, as our team is very close and somewhat a family of our own here! We are grateful for your feedback and look forward to offering top notch services to our guests with every opportunity that we have.

We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast; the oatmeal seems to go fast, which makes a filling start to anyone’s day!

I sincerely am sorry for the confusion of the entry of the hotel. We do have four entry ways to our property for the convenience of our guests. The front entry is closest to Raintree Road and on the south side of building.

I’m happy to hear the staff was accommodating and the rooms were up to par! I will let Mona know that her ability to recall our guest names was well noted and appreciated.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back with a future trip. Mankato is beautiful in the fall and winter and the staff is always open for feedback to ensure only the best!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Excellent, friendly staff. The young man working the Bistro was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable about the area. Very clean throughout the entire hotel. I was especially impressed to see people sweeping the parking lot in the morning! Comfortable well-appointed rooms with great walk in shower. Food from the Bistro was fresh with good choices but, of course, was an extra charge. Great location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Boe L, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear MinnesotaToot,

I am very pleased to hear that you had a good experience during your stay with us. We are happy to be able to provide such fresh choices for food from our Bistro for our guests. Our Bistro staff has a great passion for helping our guests and it sounds like you were able to witness this as well.

I will be sure to inform our Bistro staff of this and commend them on a job well done. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed at this beautiful hotel while visiting my husband's brother. The room was very clean as was the whole hotel. The bed was very comfortable. Loved the decor. The hotel was right next to the River Hills Mall ( walking distance). There were also a lot good choices for dining. Will definitely stay there the next time we visit the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mert707,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your review of our hotel. We appreciate the fact that you were able to see our hard work on the cleanliness of our hotel. Our Housekeeping staff works extremely diligently to ensure that we are always providing the cleanest rooms possible. We take pride in providing clean and comfortable rooms for our guests and are very pleased that you experienced this.

I will be sure to inform all of our housekeeping staff of your great comments as well. We are also very happy with the options that are close for dining and shopping as well to provide added benefit to our guests.

We are also pleased to hear about a return trip to our hotel for you when in Mankato and look forward to being able to take care of you again!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We used this hotel to stay over night as our son graduated from college in Mankato the following day. Our hotel room was very clean, as well as, the entire hotel. The staff was very friendly and accommodating on what ever we needed. The bed was very comfortable compared to some other hotels that I have stayed at before. Loved the modern look and feel to the room. Wish we had a longer stay but if we are back in the area again would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Joan R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and staff. We are very proud to be a new and modern Marriott hotel in Mankato and be able to offer amenities that you were able to experience on your stay.

I am very glad to hear that the staff was so attentive to your needs while here and that you were able to get questions answered. As a staff we would also like to offer your son congratulations on his great achievement of graduating from college. I hope that your son and family find his new journey past graduation exciting.

Again thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!