“The Best of Everything!”

Mankato City Center Hotel
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Cleveland
“The Best of Everything!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stay at a lot of hotels due to my travel with the airlines. However, I needed to find a place for my parents who needed to stay for six weeks due to medical treatment in Mankato. After searching we settled on the City Center Hotel. My parents were dreading a hotel stay - and especially for six weeks. THEY LOVED IT! All six weeks! The staff became like family! The food was incredible! Homemade soups were their favorite. Complimentary Deluxe breakfast was a bonus! My parents had many guests while staying there and they ALL commented favorably on the courteous staff - food and cleanliness. My parents loved the convenience of parking underground! The swimming pool and hot tub were the best in the area. Every time I visited them I was impressed - and I stay at the best hotels. I personally rank this a TOP TEN hotel and my parents continue to praise the staff and all the amenities. They aim to please at this hotel and they went beyond pleasing. Not one complaint!!!! We will continue to sing their praises because they made a scary situation one that filled my parents hearts with love. So compassionate and the Best of the Best!

Room Tip: If you desire a quieter room - just say so. Otherwise enjoy all the amenities this hotel has to offe...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 February 2014

If you value your sleep, STAY AWAY, this is not the place for you!!! The dirty little secret this place fails to mention is that over half their rooms have large sliding glass doors and overlook the pool area which is filled with screaming pre-pubescent kiddies until 11:00 p.m. When the pool area does finally close, the giggly screaming little waifs take to running up and down the halls for another hour or two. As an added bonus, we were privileged to be in the room next door to a couple fighting and screaming at each other in their room. Assuming you read this far and you are still considering staying at City Center, here's a hint... don't waste your time calling the front desk when you do find yourself being awakened during the night, I can assure you that the staff of City Center will prove to you, as they proved to us, that they have little to no serious interest in making sure that you get a good night's sleep, or that you will want to come back and stay with them again.

Room Tip: If you want a room that is quiet so you can get some sleep before midnight, get a room someplace, an...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PeteInStPaul
Gerry B, General Manager at Mankato City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and we apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Travellers are raving about these Mankato hotels

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stay at alot of hotels, alot. I'm at my 3rd one in 6 days. I'm used to more 4 star hotels so I suppose its not fair of me to compare it to a 4 or 5 star, so it won't.

I understand this is an old hotel, and I have to say the rennovations they have made are pretty nice. The rooms itself have comfy beds, a fridge, which is a plus. And I believe it also has a microwave. The room decor has been updated. However, The bathroom leaves much to be desired. I don't think they did a thing to them when they remodeled. Showers are old, caulked up, and stained, as well as the sink. The coffee maker in the bathrooms are old, and mine was a mess, not clean. The carper right inside my door was clearly not vacuumed.

We stay every year for a family get together and the staff is usually very accommodating for a huge family that likes to drink and have fun.Staff even let us set up a few beam bag boards for a tournement. We got to enjoy almost the entire pool area (or, we are just so big that we kind of take over) and when that closed at 11pm they let us move to an open area right outside of the ballroom, where we could still be loud. It was nice having a pool-side room! Especially in that situation. If I was just staying on my own, I definetly would not recommend a poolside room. Room walls were very thin, have to be careful what you say! Also, In my opinion the pool area could use a little facelift, but not too bad.

Not to be so cosmetic but, for some reason florescent lighting REALLY bothers me. They have florescent bulbs in all of the hallways which made the hotel look like a hospital, or a Motel 6. Please get warmer lighting!

Staff like I said were awesome, Lobby is decent.

I am looking into having my weddings reception here, and sadly enough the bathroom might be a deal breaker!

Room Tip: Unless you are traveling with kids or like being near the pool, request a non pool side room, will b...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dreay
Cleveland
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My parents were in need of a place to stay while my father seeks treatment at a nearby clinic. From the moment we made the phone call to inquire on reserving a room - to the initial tour provided by the manager - to the ongoing care now provided - WE HAVE BEEN SO PLEASED! The room was and remains very clean. There is an attached restaurant that provides homemade soups and a variety of cost efficient food choices. The complimentary breakfast is an added plus. But most important is the STAFF! My parents can go to the staff for any questions they may have and everyone there has been so helpful. They are making my parents long stay a very pleasant one. There is a pool and hot tub and underground parking. But again - the caring staff is what has made my parents stay so far the best they could have asked for. We will recommend this place to many. Thank You City Center! Tricia (daughter)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cheesecurds
Hastings, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I would recommend not staying here on a concert night. Drunk, rude, loud people. The walls are paper thin and you can even hear people tapping thier toothbrush. Parking is a nightmare and was told to park across the street until after the crowds move, but to make sure I move my car by 4am.
The bathroom still had the past guests hair in the shower and the floors really need a vacuum. Breakfast was to go until 9 am. I waited 30 minutes or the hot food that never was refilled. So disappointed. I am sure this would be a great visit minus the dozen of unattended hockey kids, or the extremely drunk adults.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed here while in town for a wedding and had no complaints. The hotel is nothing fancy, but the room was clean, the staff was friendly, and our stay was affordable. Plus, a hot tub is always a nice touch.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mattie E, General Manager at Mankato City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your business, and I hope you will stay with us again next time you visit Mankato!
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

The location was convenient for the Mankato marathon and the staff seemed very service oriented. We were allowed a 2 pm checkout time for no extra fee which was great. Pool was great for kids. Thanks.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for staying with us while you were in town for the marathon. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the special services we offered for marathon runners, like early breakfast and late checkout. I hope you will stay with us for the marathon again next year!