“A Blast From the Past- a Diner”
Review of Wagon Wheel Cafe

Wagon Wheel Cafe
Ranked #31 of 147 Restaurants in Mankato
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Wagon Wheel Cafe has been a Mankato staple for over 65 years. It has recently reopened with new management. It is a casual diner with low prices. This is a great place to take the family out to eat and not break the bank.
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My title says it all, I was raised in a family that had a place like this and a few years ago the owner reminded me of my grandfather- my grandfather passed many years ago and the old owner is not around now but the vibe is still there. There are too few of these places left anymore. Just an old family diner with great rhubarb pie. You get a free 6 oz soda with a special- Bloomberg would be proud. Nothing fancy but the honesty shines through.

There are newer reviews for Wagon Wheel Cafe

Reviewed 14 February 2013

We travelled 1 1/2hrs to meet family here for breakfast and sure where happy with our choice. It's hard to find a great old mom & pop diner like this. Food was simple but good, bill was surprisingly cheap. Will plan to stop here again anytime we are on our way thru Mankato.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I grew up in Mankato and the Wagon Wheel is one of the first places I go when I return. I often meet old friends there and we are always welcomed as part of a community. The food is consistently good and the prices are remarkable. Ask about the book that features the WW and patrons, full of wonderful stories and photos. Even if you don't buy it you will leave feeling like part of a family and looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Like traveling back to 1950 with great home cooking. Great for breakfast. Nothing fancy just tasty. Friendly downhome service. Like grandma used to make.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Not much for atmoshere but is a place for many Mankatoans to eat a cheap breakfast and homemade soup lunch. You might get an "evil eye" from a regular customer (and they abound) if you happen to sit in "their" booth or seat. This restaurant has been in the same family forever!

1  Thank Minnesotan_2