“Disgusting Hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riverside Suites Mankato

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mankato
Riverside Suites Mankato
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Wisconsin
“Disgusting Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

The outside and lobby didn't look too bad, so I thought I would give this hotel a try. The room was disgusting. It smelled of strong cleaner and mold. The sheets and blankets had large holes, multiple mosquitoes flying around the room, large stains on the carpet, and visible mold on the tub and shower curtain.

After spending 5 minutes in the room, I decided I couldn't stay there. I went to check out and the clerk was unable to refund me. He indicated it was his first night and he did not know how. He indicated the manager would call me the next day. I never received a call and I have since called twice and asked that the manager call me without a response thus far. Definitely the worst hotel I have ever been in.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank snorkelersara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

Mankato is a busy town so if you are going there get a hotel early. I chose this Rodeway Inn because we were arriving late and didn't feel the need for amenities. But this was ridiculous. Had to call for someone to come out of the back and check us in. The entire establishment needs a complete facelift. The shower had long black hairs in it. There was only one shampoo. There was a desk but no electricity anywhere near it. The breakfast was nasty little doughnuts and poor quality coffee. It was cheap but disgusting.

Room Tip: Just go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank strange
Albert Lea
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

Not a decent stay for the money, even with a company discount. I am being polite and reserved in calling this place a DUMP. The halls and stairs were filty, stained. Walls need cleaning. The ceiling tile on the second floor was stained and cracked in places. Our room smelled moldy too. Seriouslly I'm trying to figure out who to call about this sewer hole.

Room Tip: Spend the night in your car.... not here.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Timothy W
Mankato, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

Me and my wife have stayed here a few times due to my job. Other employees from our company were staying here. The manager got a motel guest to run the front desk and the woman done nothing but lie on guests and charged them what she wanted to, to stay. We never paid the same price for a single night stay, 1 bed-smoking room. We were charged anywhere from $30-$50 for the room. I would not recommend this motel to any company employees and if there is anyone other than the guy manager at desk, just turn and walk out. Rooms aren't worth the price your charged. Go to the Motel across the street.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank darin t
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

We were in Mankato for the weekend to take out son to MNSU. We were busy all day with moving him in and seeing the campus. We called other hotels in the area and they were way too expensive for the short amount of time we would need the hotel for. Mankato Inn was $45. The mattress was comfy and the room was clean. The breakfast was not so thrilling, but you are not paying for a full breakfast. Muffins, cereal, coffee and juice was just fine. The savings on the room allowed us to go out for a Big Breakfast. The location was great and the staff was nice. My son had stayed here for previous MNSU visits and had the same experience. Mankato Inn will be a place to stay on our future visits. Also loved the HiSpeed Internet in the room.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KenoshaKathy
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here. The owners are slowly upgrading things. The rooms are small but adquate and a real bargain for the price. People next door talked pretty loud which was annoying but then one of my business contacts told me her night was awful at the local "name brand" hotel where a wedding was being held and she got moved twice with very little sleep that night. So the loud talking was not too much to complain about.

The old carpet is slowly being replace. There is free wireless internet, HBO. I almost want to keep this gem a secret. The parking lot is filling up so it is likely word is getting out that this is a great bargain.

I need to find out where they get their pillows, they were the most comfortable I have slept on in recent years.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank PassOut76
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

I stayed at the Mankato Inn while I was in town for a wedding. The staff was extremely curteous. When I checked out I had forgotten my cell phone charger and an entire oputfit. When I called to ask for my items, the staff spent their own money to send me my items the same day. Now that's great service! I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple