“Great Price for a Good Night's Sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riverside Suites Mankato

Riverside Suites Mankato
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Great Price for a Good Night's Sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

We were in Mankato for the weekend to take out son to MNSU. We were busy all day with moving him in and seeing the campus. We called other hotels in the area and they were way too expensive for the short amount of time we would need the hotel for. Mankato Inn was $45. The mattress was comfy and the room was clean. The breakfast was not so thrilling, but you are not paying for a full breakfast. Muffins, cereal, coffee and juice was just fine. The savings on the room allowed us to go out for a Big Breakfast. The location was great and the staff was nice. My son had stayed here for previous MNSU visits and had the same experience. Mankato Inn will be a place to stay on our future visits. Also loved the HiSpeed Internet in the room.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KenoshaKathy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here. The owners are slowly upgrading things. The rooms are small but adquate and a real bargain for the price. People next door talked pretty loud which was annoying but then one of my business contacts told me her night was awful at the local "name brand" hotel where a wedding was being held and she got moved twice with very little sleep that night. So the loud talking was not too much to complain about.

The old carpet is slowly being replace. There is free wireless internet, HBO. I almost want to keep this gem a secret. The parking lot is filling up so it is likely word is getting out that this is a great bargain.

I need to find out where they get their pillows, they were the most comfortable I have slept on in recent years.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank PassOut76
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

I stayed at the Mankato Inn while I was in town for a wedding. The staff was extremely curteous. When I checked out I had forgotten my cell phone charger and an entire oputfit. When I called to ask for my items, the staff spent their own money to send me my items the same day. Now that's great service! I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank danikicks
hardypardy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2009

My family and I were traveling back to North Dakota after attending a family reunion in Chicago. The entire town of Mankato was booked except for this place. Needless to say there was probably a reason why this was the only motel in town with rooms left. The place is literally falling appart. Although there is evidence that some remodeling has been done (1/2 of the columns on the hotel are painted one color and the other 1/2 are painted another), MUCH more needs to be done. The carpets in the hallway were filthy and the walls looked as though they were splashed with coffee. I thought the post below was joking but he was entirely serious about the housekeeping. Needless to say I should've slept in my car.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank hardypardy
Twin Cities, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2008

My friend and I took a road trip to Mankato to watch a hockey game. This place was the best part of the whole trip. We booked a room at this place because of all the bad reviews. After we checked in, we examined the room. There were cheerios on the floor, pills on the floor, and other garbage. The cleaning staff had obviously not vacuumed the room from the last visitors. The wall paper was “yellowed” and peeling off the wall. The AC unit had wires hanging out of it, and the lamp didn’t work unless you hit it. None of furniture matched, everything looked like it was purchased at a garage sale. I was disappointed to see that the TV was not bolted to the wall. We called the front desk and asked if we could get some more pillows and blankets. The person working at the front desk told us to get the stuff ourselves from the laundry room. I was very excited. I couldn’t wait to goof around in the laundry room and take all the pillows and blankets. After about 15 minutes of fun, we returned to our room. Overall, this place was a lot of fun. I would love to stay there again!

• Liked — Very relaxed, and carefree
  • Disliked — Over charge on our credit card
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
4 Thank roadtripguy42
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2008

The Best Western would not honor my reservation, and this was the only room I could find in Mankato. The lobby was depressing. After seeing the room I went straight to the store to buy a new pillow and pillowcase, took the dog blanket out of my car and slept on that. Mold was definately an issue. I tried not to touch anything.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family