“Good and Bad”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We were in town for a wedding. The location of the hotel is great. The breakfast is good. And we found the staff to be friendly.

However, the pool was so cold as to be almost unusable. Even the little kids who are diehard pool lovers couldn't bear the water that cold. The temperature should be increased.

There weren't enough parking spots. We told the clerk that one truck/trailer had taken up four parking spots, but he said he had no way of locating its owner. We were told to park nearby but not at the neighboring restaurants or hotels.

While the mattress was very comfortable, the sheets were short and would not stay tucked, making the covers quite uncomfortable.

When I made reservations for three rooms, I asked if they could be clumped next to each other or at least nearby, but our rooms were at opposite ends of the hotel and on different floors.

The email confirmation I received several days prior to our trip indicated that the room rate was $83/night. When I checked in, the rate was $96. I pointed this out to the clerk, but he didn't offer to adjust the rate. Knowing that there were few vacancies in any hotels in town, I accepted the higher rate. But it makes me leery of planning to stay at Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gail B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed here recently because I was in the area for a funeral. The bed was very comfortable and the sleep was excellent. I was looking forward to using the pool but the temp of the pool was unexpectedly cold. There was somewhat the same temp issue with the juice at the breakfast bar, the juice was hot and needed ice to cool it down. Overall I would stay there again. The staff was very friendly and even gave us a discount due to the reason we were staying there. Stay here if you get the chance.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I have stayed here 5-6 times in the past couple years. I was pleasantly surprised with there recent upgrade to the rooms and the pool area. Upon check-in I asked for a end of the hall 2nd floor room and was immediately upgraded to a king size suite. Very surprised to find 50" flat screens in the rooms with new carpeting and also a 32" in adjoining area. This has added a whole new look to the hotel.

Room Tip: I always ask for an upper floor end of the hall
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SIOUXFANFOREVER
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Jamie is a wonderful clerk. She is a great example of customer service. Friendly, courteous and a smile on her face! Travis was great when I checked in at 4ish and he took the time to explain the hot tub issues to my grandson. Whomever the clerk was at around 12:30 on the 26th needs a lesson in customer service. Travis, thank you.
I (my family) stays here frequently and love the place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Owatonna
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Stayed the weekend of April 20th for a birthday party and I have to say, this hotel lived up to all it's expectations... And more! Check-In was very fast and I wish I would have gotten the front desk girl's name so she could be recognized! She was very sweet and helpful. The room totally caught me by surprise (in a good way!) It was newly renovated with a HUGE TV which I loved! Never got a chance to use the pool myself but from what I saw it looked very nice, especially the hot tub. Breakfast was awesome, they kept everything well stocked and although I would have liked some eggs or something instead, they had biscuits and gravy which I was completely content with. My stay was great and had everything I needed. I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
New Ulm, MN
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We needed a place to stay in an April (!!!) Minnesota snow storm. Booked Comfort Inn because of the reasonable price and the advertised hot tub and pool as well as free HBO and Showtime. Check in went well and we were given a bag of popcorn and bottle of water (nice touch!). Another nice touch was a beverage and big bowl of pretzels in the lobby for an afternoon snack and free US and local newspapers. Rooms have microwave and fridge. Our room was clean and comfortable, with free Internet and large flat screen TVs - TV did not have Showtime though. Biggest disappointment was a sign on the pool door that the pool and hot tub were broken and closed - wouldn't be fixed before we checked out. This was the only reason I couldn't give the highest rating to this motel. Looking through the window the hot tub and pool looked great, but I couldn't rate it;-( When we checked out, they said we could return and use the pool sometime without checking in, which we will do. Breakfast was typical high carb but they did have cold hard-boiled eggs. We'd stay there again. Were told it would be changing to a Quality Inn soon if you are looking for it - it is next to a Red Lobster and close to a shopping mall with a movie theater.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 April 2013

i went to comfort inn with my girl friend for the weekend stay. I was really surprised to see how this hotel has changed.. 50 inches tv is the biggest i have seen in any hotel. The new hot tub is best in the town. Staff was friendly. Rooms were clean. In my opinion this the best value for money in the town.. Definitely many more nights iam going to spend there.

Room Tip: Suite's have two TVs.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple