Cambria hotel & suites Maple Grove - Minneapolis
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Chicago, Illinois
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

We recently went to Maple Grove, MN for my sister's wedding. She set up rooms for us to keep us close to the events. I checked around and didn't find anything close to the area for the same price. Now, the price was a deal due to the wedding, but for 3 people, it was pretty good.

The hotel is relatively new. The rooms are suites, but they are pretty small. Still, in our room, we had a king sized bed with a pull-out couch for my daughter. The couch was pretty comfortable (so my daughter said) and our bed was comfortable. The only issue I have is how they divide the room. The sitting area is separated from the bedroom, but not by a conventional wall. The divider was wooden, but had holes in them. If you look at the picture, you'll get the idea. The bottom line is, there isn't much separating the sitting area from the bedroom. I know they do that to make the relatively small room look bigger. Unfortunately, this provides very little privacy in the bedroom.

The room came with breakfast. It was an OK breakfast, but nothing to write home about. There were eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, cereal, toast, etc. The food was pretty fresh. The coffee was very good, something I really like. It's difficult to tell if the breakfast always comes with the room, but ours did.

The staff was very nice and accommodating. They smiled and answered all of my questions quickly and knowledgeably.

There is an indoor pool, but we never went in.

All in all, it was a pretty good hotel. I would stay there again

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

I ended up at the Cambria Suite unexpectedly (my original hotel was overbooked!), but it was an awesome surprise! The staff went out of their way to make things easy and convenient for me; the room was gorgeous and SPACIOUS! It was super clean and very comfortable. This was a business trip, but I look forward to staying there with my family in the future!

Room Tip: I ended up in a corner (handicap accessible) room, and the front desk did share that these were just...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
slough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Cambria Suites are one of the best hotels you can stay at beauitfull spacious clean rooms with big comfortable beds beautifully decorated and designed rooms bathrooms are grand, shower was great wifi was quick and easy to get on to, very frendily staff quick and helpfull check in & check out, has a great work out room and pool, has a pantry on site. and a restaurant, I did not eat there. plenaty of carpark and very easy to find. Have stayed here before and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stay here 2 times per month and will continue to do so. When my company moves me to another area I will search out the closest Cambria Suites hotel, beds are great linen is fresh and the staff is amazing

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel you will look out over the beautiful corn fields
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

I have stayed at this property since it opened. I stay in hotels over 200 nights a year all over the country and this is by far my favorite. Whenever I show up, if it's been 3 weeks or 3 months, I am welcomed with a smile by a very professional staff. They definately make me feel at home. The beds and pillows are the best in the business and their houskeeping does a superb job. They seem to go above and beyond the average hotel to make my stay comfortable. This is the only property I will stay at when I am in the twin city area!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Ankeny, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

Stayed in the Cambria Suites for only a night in Maple Grove, MN but is always one of our favorite hotels when traveling. Front desk is always accommodating, computers are always available for guests usage and love the big spacious rooms which is the best part of the hotel. Beds are super comfy and always get a great nights sleep. Definitely a great place to stay wherever you can find one!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

My family and I were fortunate to stay at this property on a family vacation earlier this month. From the time we checked in on Sunday evening until the time we left on Friday morning, the stay was so great! There is a wonderful bistro-style restaurant on-site. Caryn was our server throughout most of our stay. She has to be one of the most wonderful servers we have ever had. Our 3-year old son absolutely fell in love with her and she was so patient in answering all his questions about anything and everything. Her customer service was out of this world! Thank you again Caryn for your service! Our room was perfect for our week-long stay. It was very roomy and spacious and perfect for our two young children to play and spread out. The pool and exercise room were both very clean.

The housekeepers and front desk staff were so kind, as well. Upon leaving for a day, I asked a nearby housekeeper about different things for families to do in the area. She was so helpful! I also asked the front desk on what Italian restaurants he would recommend and he printed me off the listings of the area restaurants with his recommendations. The staff really is top-notch!

Would my family stay at this hotel again?...absolutely, yes! Both my husband and I have been in the customer service industry for many years and customer service is SO important to us. Our expectations were not only met, but exceeded by this property!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maple Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes
Hampton Inn & Suites Rogers

Been to Cambria hotel & suites Maple Grove - Minneapolis? Share your experiences!