“French gem”

Chez Arnaud
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Been driving here From
Eden Prairie since they opened when I get a yen for authentic French breakfast or treats- and also in between yens!! Voted best baguettes in twin cities and fantastic croissants and quiche. They offer a daily sweet flavored roll also. Lunch is great French sandwiches or a hot entree. They have many refrigerated desserts to eat in or take out and lots of other bread options--a real Parisian bakery!

1  Thank jartraveler01

Reviewed 24 August 2012

The options are a bit more 'exotic' than your local dunkin doughnuts but considering the price for the fancy french sounding stuff it wasn't that impressive. I expected European style, not quite so sweet treats. What I got tasted pretty standard American, overly sweet frosting, type stuff. I will go back to try other options since there were several different items. though.

1  Thank Lomunchi
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have been relatively disappointed with Chez Armaud. It was with great anticipation that my coworkers and I looked forward to the opening. I have been in a couple of times and not been favorably impressed. I have tried to purchase "lunch type fair" and found it quickly picked over, apparently not enough made in anticipation. And what I have purchased, I felt was not that great or up to the cost. I have gone in to purchase "sweet type treats" a couple of times, trying various selections. and each time, I have felt that they fell short of what I had hoped for. It is not somewhere that I will return to.

1  Thank Docsdaughter45
Reviewed 8 July 2012

If you are getting nothing but pastry you will almost assuredly be happy. But this restaurant is a case of having all the tools and not knowing how to use them properly. Staffing? Training? Every other time you are there you will get terrible coffee. When you order a sandwich you will get a French amount of meat on an American sized baguette...rendering the sandwich tasteless. French patisserie/boulangerie is about minimalism and quality ingredients. The ingredients here meet that standard - but the knowledge to take the finishing step is not universally applied.

But, that being said, it is still worth the risk with the overall lack of quality in the bakery competition in the NW suburbs.

However, if you want French in MSP - and distance from Maple Grove is not an issue - go to Patrick's.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

First time I have been there. The Macarons were terrible! I know these little delights like the back of my hand and have had many flavors from many Patisserie's these were NOT good at all. Mushy, scant on the fillings and overdone on the artificial flavoring (particularily the lavendar and pistachio) my husband and son actually spit them out! Yes they were that bad! The Pain Au Chocolat was fair in flakiness but very very greasy. the entire bottom of the bag was a puddle of grease from just two croissants. we also had the pear tart which was a big mistake..omg the pears used were some sort of packaged preserved pear and was crunchy and bitter and tasted like preservative not to mention (but I will) that they were enveloped in the most horrid tasting..ok enough said. Bad, just really really bad! Note to Chef..Taste taste taste. Always taste your product before you put it out there for retail.

1  Thank Bobi L