“Great rooms, but need friendlier staff!”

Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This hotel is very different from any other in the area. We had a queen suite and it was amazing complete with a granite breakfast nook, full size fridge and a dishwasher! Separate bedroom, coach is a sofa couch and wifi. It is built around a courtyard and in the evening on our final night, our soccer team enjoyed the amazing and beautiful fireworks. It was quite the show! Unfortunately, the front desk clerk was a little grumpy and barked at our players instead of approaching their parents about the noise. I approached her an indicated that she needs to speak to the adults, not the youths. She indicated she received complaints about the noise and she needed to shut down the "celebration" (it was all soccer teams' final night staying there). I indicated to her that the noise was the fireworks, not our kids as everyone was silent watching in amazement of the beautiful show with a fabulous view in the courtyard. She needed a happy meal and didn't care so we just left, but noticed other guests remained and were not spoken to. The one thing I would caution in staying here is they make you sign a good neighbour waiver basically stating your kids won't be in the hallway at 10 p.m. or after for any reason. We came back late from a night out with friends and my kids received dirty looks. Really? We are walking to our room. Having said that, the breakfast is good (FREE) and they even have free dinners on certain evenings which we missed out on. The eating area is huge and you can even go outside and eat on the courtyard. The pool is great, but it is very loud. No fancy water park or anything, just a pool with a hot tub, but the team had a great time. Hopefully, they hire friendlier staff because they were not friendly from the moment we checked in to when we exited. You can stay at much cheaper places, but I must say the rooms are fabulous here. If we didn't have the unfriendly staff experience, I'd rate our stay much higher. Oh, we are still waiting for our points to be credited to our rewards card with this hotel. The front desk individual indicated she would take care of it when we checked in, but two weeks later and back in Canada my points are still zero. Emailed the company, but still have not heard back. This hotel is walking distance from great stores and restaurants too so it is a big bonus.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, IHGCare at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Dear WpgSoccerMom,

Thank you so much for writing a detailed review of our hotel. It is delightful to know that you liked our room accommodations and found our location commendable. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the front desk staff may have caused. Rest assured this will be followed up with the staff to ensure similar incidents won't happen again.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to Minnesota.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Our soccer team stayed here for four days during the USA cup soccer tournament. The rooms were well set up for an even longer term stay - -everyone was so impressed with the pots/pans/dishes etc. We immediately went grocery shopping and saved tons of money having the generous breakfast downstairs, packing lunches for the day (ice from the freezer) and cooking suppers at night. The staff was above and beyond friendly - -it was like we were family staying over for the weekend. A refreshing change from the sighs and attitude (or cluelessness) from staff in other hotels. The courtyard was a perfect way to wind down the day. The kids love the medium sized pool and especially the half basketball court. We had front row seats to the fireworks at the Arbor Lakes festival. All in all a perfect location and a peaceful friendly stay -- we will be back!

Room Tip: Recommend a room facing into the courtyard - -great view to keep an eye on the kids and its quieter...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
StaybridgeSuitesMG, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the staff here at the Staybridge Suites, Maple Grove and how friendly they are. We strive to make a positive impression upon our guests and have them feel that this is their home away from home while here in Maple Grove. We are really proud of our wonderful hotel and all the amenities and services it has to offer, it was very kind of you to point them out. Most importantly thank you for wanting to come back, when a guest like yourself says they want to come back we know we achieved our goal. Thanks again, Tom Rost, General Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2012

The property is very nice and clearly has an owner who put alot of money into doing it right. My experience though was that it has a staff not at all on that standard. Uniformorms worn sloppy, no nametags, friendly breakfast lady but she was the only one. I hope they inprove the service as the building and aminities are very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to thank you for recognizing our Breakfast Server and commenting on how nice she is, I agree she does a great Job. I appreciate your other comments and have addressed any and all uniform deficiencies. I truly appreciate you pointing this out. Although not wide spread it was obviously noted and with your help taken care of. Once again Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we hope that the next time you are in Maple Grove you will choose to stay at the Stay Bridge Suites and notice that we took your feedback to heart.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed here for one night on Wednesday 3/28/12. Check in was quick and efficient. Front desk staff was pleasant. The room is very nice but small. Walk in to a small kitchen area which was fully stocked with pots, pans, dishes, and silverware. Everything you would need to cook if you had brought in groceries. Nice sink area. The bed takes up most of the room and all of the room if you are using the pull out couch. Bedding and linens was very nice. Small bathroom with the sink outside of the toilet/tub area.
The stay included the complimentary "light supper hour" which served free beer, wine, and pop. The food was not exactly great but it was free and a nice snack before going out to our real dinner. The buffet had baked beans, chips, sliders, hot dogs, and I think potato salad and also veggies.
I did not go to the breakfast buffet that was included in the morning but my Mom did and said it was alright. Make your own homemade waffles, but no eggs just a gross breakfast burrito and also turkey sausage that looked very mysterious. lol.
Location was perfect, easy in and out. You could hear the freeway noise but that doesnt bother me. If you asked for a room on the opposit side I doubt you would even notice.
Outside is a really cute courtyard with benches. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank trs333
StaybridgeSuitesMG, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share with us your comments and observations regarding your stay with us. Our hotel is configured with many room types and locations facing our courtyard as well as the exterior of the building. Our room types consist of various room sizes and layouts which may give you and your mother a bit more space if traveling together. We pride ourselves on our breakfast buffet choices; we offer a breakfast buffet with a rotation of egg and breakfast meat selections so that we may provide variety for our guests that are with us for those longer stays.
We are pleased that you would definitely stay here again; our goal at the Staybridge Maple Grove is to be your home away from home. We look forward to your return.
Best regards, Tom

Reviewed 24 October 2011

WE stayed at this hotel on a recent trip and found it to be a great experience. The staff was so friendly. We missed the "happy hour" time but that would have been a fun perk. The rooms were nice and spacious. The breakfast was really good too. Loved the fresh pineapple. yum!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hope V
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I recently started to stay with my Priority Club sponsored hotels after many years being with Hilton Honors they renigged on my honors points and refused to honor what I had. So on a recent trip we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and found that all the points we ever earned would still be honored. I tell you all this because I think that there is a certain level of honor in a company that will give people back what they have earned, like a promice kept. As for the Staybridge Suites that we have been staying at. I tagged along with my husband on a business training trip. Although we did get the business rate provided by the company my husband was training with, we would return as a family and stay! The staff was friendly, kind, they were helpful and did not seem bothered to talk. This hotel not only provide a decent breakfast, but on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday they also provide a dinner social which includes alcoholic and non-alchoholic drinks. Example: Last Nights Dinner Grilled Hamburgers & Hotdogs, potato salad, chips etc... with all the toppings!
Our room was huge with a kitchen area. Stove top, dishwasher & full size fridge/freezer. a seporate bedroom area and a huge walk-in shower. The pool area was very clean LOTS of towels, water was warm in the pool and hot in the hottub. I was very impressed I think that this hotel was a AAA establishment. Thank You for renewing my hope!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Our family enjoyed our stay at this location -- the rooms, interior, and exterior were all clean, comfortable, and well-kept. The staff was courteous, and the breakfast foods were good. However, there are not enough breakfast tables to serve all of the guests; creating long lines/areas of hungry folks standing ready to jump on the next table that finishes their meal and leaves. This situation makes for a frustrating few minutes, especially when some guests choose to sit around for a while sipping coffee with their feet propped up on other tables and chairs. Amazingly, this seemed to be a common behavior in a crowded dining room. Otherwise, the stay went well, and we would consider making a future reservation at this location.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center

Been to Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove? Share your experiences!