“Outstanding Staff”

Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stay at many hotels as I travel for work. The staff at this hotel are without a doubt the nicest, friendliest, most accommodating I have ever encountered. The hotel and grounds are immaculately maintained. The free breakfast is tasty and well stocked. The 3 day a week 'happy hour' in the evening can easily serve as dinner, not just chips and pretzels. With all of the shopping and dinning in the immediate area, it is a perfect place to stay. I can't recommend it more highly. I will definitely stay here anytime I am in the Minneapolis area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
StaybridgeSuitesMG, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Terry S,

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We do serve breakfast every single morning and also hold an evening social Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings. We are located right next to the Arbor Lakes Shopping Center which has many different restaurants and shops to choose from. Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My family and I stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Maple Grove for a soccer tournament in Blaine. The room rate was adequate for what we received. The room was large enough for a family of four and the property amenities were adequate for our group. The staff were friendly and courteous, which was nice also. I would stay at this property again and would recommend it to others planning a trip to that area. If I were to note one area of improvement it would be the humidity control in the rooms. Our AC was running throughout our stay, but humidity was not controlled in the guest rooms, leaving a cold room feeling wet and moist.

Despite the humidity issue, we had a nice stay and will come back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear VegasStrip,

Thank you so much for the review of our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be courteous and friendly. We are an all suite hotel and all of our rooms have a kitchenette including a microwave, stove top, and a full size refrigerator. Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed at the Bloomington Staybridge about two years ago and really liked it so despite being eligible for a free stay somewhere else, we still chose to stay here for this three night shopping trip. The pros are:
-free laundry machines 24 hours a day. We didn't need them for such a short stay, but that's a nice perk.
- good breakfasts. The bacon was a bit anemic but the make your own waffles were nice. In addition there was fruit, yogurt, cheese, muffins, juice, coffee, eggs, cereal and more. You could always find something you liked.
- convenient location. Very close to shopping and restaurants. We were never more than 15 mins away from anything.
- real kitchen, well equipped, not just a microwave and mini fridge
- they do seem to care about making your stay comfortable
- fairly welcoming pet policy
Cons:
- walls made of tissue paper. I didn't have an issue with noise at the Bloomington location, in fact I've never had an issue with noise in any other hotel, but this one is crazy loud. People talking in the hall sound like they are in your room. Noise from the interstate is very audible and don't even get me started on the upstairs neighbours...I literally could hear every step they took including every little bathroom noise they made. It was like it was a public restroom and they were in the next stall, no exaggeration.
- very exposed location. While the location is convenient, it's very exposed so the winds around the building are crazy strong, howling at the windows at times. Not that they can control the weather, but come prepared with warmer clothes than you think you need if you are going to be spending anytime walking around the outside ( like trying to get your dog to pee at 2 am:) Maybe planting some hedges would help.
- dirty grounds. I understand the snow just melted and spring is a dirty time, and I saw a man picking up trash from the boulevards, but it seemed no cleaner after he was done. Cigarette butts EVERYWHERE. Disgusting and dangerous when you have a pup who puts things in her mouth surreptitiously. Also, there was dog waste everywhere. I agree the hotel shouldn't have to pick it up, owners should, but many don't and I shouldn't have to dodge dog waste everywhere trying to walk my dogs. There was dog waste on the sidewalk for four days that no one cleaned up! Either clean it up or put up cameras or something to catch the people who don't pick up ( and the cigarette litterers as well!)
-miscellaneous issues...we found out our freezer didn't work the morning we were leaving when all our ben and Jerry's had melted and there was a pool of water on the floor from the faulty ice maker. One of the maids acted terrified of my dogs, even though my one dog is a therapy dog who visits nursing homes. This made me feel very unwelcome. There was some kind of white powder on the floor of the kitchen when we first entered which I cleaned up and prayed my dog hadn't gotten into. We asked for a do not enter to be put in the computer for our suite so as not to make my otherwise quiet dogs bark while we were out shopping. They screwed up and only put it on for one day, so the maid entered and our (crated) dogs got understandably upset.
For me, the most important thing is that my dogs are safe and welcome, and with the maid issues and the dirty grounds, I didn't really feel comfortable having them there. I do still think Staybridge is better than a lot of other places and I think if I wasn't travelling with my dogs I would have loved it, but as it was I was quite happy to be leaving.
If you want a nicer place to walk your dogs the path around Rice Lake is nice and only about 4 mins drive away. Skip the walks around Arbor Lakes. Might be nicer in warmer weather, but it's very exposed so was very cold and windy when we went.

Room Tip: I'd select the second floor if possible. Might be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
StaybridgeSuitesMG, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your review of your stay here at the Staybridge Suites. We take your comments very seriously and have addressed them with our team. We pride ourselves on offering great customer service and a clean and comfortable setting for all of our guests. We apologize for the grounds and have completed a spring clean up now that the snow is gone. We hope you visit us again and hopefully the weather will be much nicer during your next visit.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Check in was good and efficient, but after that the layout of the hotel made it difficult to get to my room with all my luggage and there was no offer to assist with my luggage. The elevator is strangely located on the opposite side of the hotel from the reception. The decor of the hotel is extremely dated and the hotel overall was very tired. The breakfast was really disgusting, pretty much inedible. The room service was poor and they even forgot to make over my room all together one day. They have a fridge in the room which is very noisy and it wasn't possible to switch off so it made sleeping difficult.

They have a laundry which is free to guests, this is great and although it id oddly located in the gym, this does allow you to kill two birds!

Overall I wouldn't return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Spursfan08

Thank you for your review of your stay here at the Staybridge Suites. We take all of our reviews seriously and use them as a learning tool to see where we can improve. We are glad you found the Check In process to be efficient. We are addressing your concerns regarding the rest of your stay. We hope that the next time you visit the Maple Grove area you will give us another try so you can see the improvements we are making.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've stayed in many hotels at Maple Grove and for a Extended periods this hotel was good. Bathroom was spacious, shower was over the bath and water pressure was good.

Hotel was inviting and had a nice area to relax. Breakfast was included in the price and whilst basic there were plenty of choices. The shuttle service gets you around the restaurants and the social evening at the hotel are a nice touch - free drinks, nibbles and appetiser.
Gym was strangely located in the laundry.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
StaybridgeSuitesMG, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you so much for your review of your stay here at the Staybridge Suites Maple Grove. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms and were able to join us for breakfast and our evening socials. We do offer a complimentary breakfast buffet every day of the week and an evening social Tuesday through Thursday. We hope to see you next time you visit the Maple Grove area.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent service and worm atmosphere this is what make your stay in this hotel very pleasant.
I was staying in this place for almost 3 weeks and I enjoyed every day to be in this nice and cosy please
Advise to all travelers, you will not regret
Thank you very much Staybrige.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
StaybridgeSuitesMG, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your stay at the Staybridge Suites Maple Grove. We pride ourselves on delivering great customer service and being our guests home away from home. Thank you once again for the review and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We had 7 families stay over prior to a basketball tourney. Everything was terrific. The kids were able to swim. The serve a good breakfast. The staff was all very nice. I travel a lot and this place is very well kept.

• Stayed: February 2014
StaybridgeSuitesMG, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your stay here at the Staybridge Suites Maple Grove. It was a pleasure to be able to host your group. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet and also that the kids were able to spend time in the pool. We look forward to you staying with us again. Thank you once again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maple Grove
3 mi away
Cambria hotel & suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center

Been to Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove? Share your experiences!