“A little pricey, but fantastic food and great service.”
Review of Kyoto Sushi

Kyoto Sushi
Ranked #41 of 123 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We went there for the first time and it greatly exceeded our expectations, starting with how busy it was on a wintery Saturday night two days after a blizzard that left roads a little hazardous AND given that it is tucked away in a strip mall next to a Penney's store. We had about a 15 minute wait to be seated. I should qualify that while my wife is a big sushi and Asian food persion, I am not, and usually just consider it okay. Since we live in the area, we did have a coupon for $ off hibachi meals, so we ordered those in addition to getting drinks and a side of sushi. The hibachi meals come with two jumbo shrimp, some greens and veggies, and a bowl of rice with sauce in addition to what you select for the meal, so for instance I ordered the shrimp and scallop hibachi dinner and got all the forementioned included. The included jumbo shrimp were not so jumbo compared to the shrimp with the meal, but that's my only complaint. The rice and sauce was delicious as was the rest of the meal. I ended up with enough leftovers for another meal, and my wife might squeeze two out of hers. The service was great - very helpful and attentive.

Without the coupon our meals would have been a little on the high side, so if you live in the general area, keep an eye out for them. If you have an appetite, the all you can eat options are the way to go, but for a normal portioned meal are a bit pricey as well.

1  Thank parksvisitor

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I went there for lunch, wasn't impressed. Maybe it was because I'm not familiar with the format. The menu didn't give you much info beyond the name of each dish. I found the place completely lacking atmosphere, it felt that it was trying way to hard to be cool. I won't be going back.

2  Thank Ferrytrip
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This has become our number place to when the family is going out to eat. We don't go out that often so when we do I am looking for great food at a great price. Kyoto offers both. The food is always fresh and delicious. The options offer something for everyone. Even if you don't like sushi you would find something that you like. They offer teppanyaki which is very good. I can honestly sat that we have not had anything bad here. Service is great. All they ask is that you eat what you order and not waste food. A reasonable request.

2  Thank Gregg P
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This all you can eat is the best because they cook and make the food as it's ordered so it's hot and just made so it's not been sitting like other all you can eat places.
The food is always good when we go there, The Kyoto roll is our favorite, Keep up the great work.

1  Thank Jeff L
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I went with the hibachi but our friends did the sushi all you can eat. I did try the sexy girl sushi, and I highly recommend it. Next time I am doing all you can eat sushi.