“Almost Perfect”

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Stayed here two nights on a "guys' getaway" weekend.

Check-in was the fastest and smoothest I have experienced at any hotel the last couple of years -- much appreciated, as was the very early check-in we were granted. Our 3rd-floor room was extraordinarily clean and well maintained (even by HGI standards) and the beds were very comfortable. The flat-panel TV was fantastic with a nice selection of HD channels and pay-per-view entertainment options. The refrigerator and microwave worked flawlessly. Outdoor noise/lighting spillover into our room was completely non-existent.

But in my opinion what really set this hotel apart was their people. Everyone we dealt with was extremely friendly. Housekeeping staff were efficient and non-intrusive, and the front desk clerks made check-in and checkout fast and painless. I would especially like to acknowledge the young man who was shoveling the hotel's sidewalks the morning we left and offered to dig out our car after a 10-inch snow the night before. While we had no problem getting out of our spot, I was extremely impressed at his attentiveness and willingness to do something I'm pretty sure was outside his job description. Not sure if he was a hotel staffer or hired help but he's a good one either way.

This hotel has an excellent location, just off I-494 in the northwest Twin Cities metro area. If you'd rather not eat at the on-site cafe (which is nice but a little spendy), several good dining options are within an easy walk and many others are only a few minutes' drive away. I would recommend Solo's, a pizza cafe less than 5 minutes by foot from the hotel. Their made-to-order items are fast and fresh, they taste great and are extremely reasonable with happy hour and weekend specials for even better value.

The only (and I mean only) problem we had was maintaining the room temperature. Despite the modern digital thermostat, it was pretty hit-and-miss... with the room being a bit on the chilly side for most of the stay and the thermostat not seeming to have much effect regardless of how it was set. Not a deal breaker though, and could have been operator error for all I know.

All in all a great stay at a very nice hotel and one we will definitely be frequenting again if we have the opportunity.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
mseverson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Thank you so much for letting others know about your last stay with the Hilton Garden Inn - Maple Grove and how we were "Almost Perfect". Your kind comments were so great to here about our property. I am so happy to hear how well you were taken care of by our staff. We strive to be the best and it is great to here. I am sorry you had a problem with your temperature in your room. If you wouldn't mind responding back to me at the email address below and let me know your room number, we will definately look into it. Thank you again and I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Room was very spacious and well set up for working in evenings. Hotel staff were helpful and friendly.
The lobby had a nice ambience with a fireplace and comfortable chairs around. Although I didn't use the service there was a free van within 7 miles which would take you to the nearest shops. There wasn't much in the way of restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
mseverson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Greetings,

Thank you so much for sharing your stay with Trip Advisor. We really appreciate our guests' feedback and are so Happy you felt our hotel was a "Pleasant Hotel". I love hearing that our staff was helpful and friendly and you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you come back soon when your back in the area. Have a great Holiday Season!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday as we have friends/family on the west side of Minneapolis. If you need to pick a hotel in the area, this is a great choice. The bathrooms have granite countertops, there is a mini fridge, flat screen TV and the carpeting all looks new.

The only problem we had was that we left one day at 12pm and returned at 2:30 pm and the room had not been cleaned. Can't really blame the hotel and they brought towels up within 5 minutes of us calling.

The location is about 15 mins from downtown Minneapolis. If you want to stay in the suburbs on this side of the Twin Cities, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Greetings from Maple Grove,

Thank you so much for celebrating part of the Holiday week with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the rooms. We apologize for not having your room clean while you were gone as we try and not inconvenience our guests in any way possible. I am happy we were able to accommadate you when you returned though. Thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you the next time you visit your Friends/Family!

Reviewed 31 October 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is a great place to stay! The staff - all of them - from the manager to the desk clerks to the restaurant staff are all committed to making each guest's stay a wonderful experience. I travel frequently and have a chance to compare experiences in many, many hotels; the Hilton Garden Inn is a "10": out of "10." The hotel is spotless; the rooms comfortable, and the restaurant food excellent. In short, this hotel is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
mseverson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Patty,

It was a pleasure having you stay with the past couple of weeks. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and it is our pleasure to Serve! We hope to see you again in the coming months and than you so much for your kind comments,

Warmest Regards:

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Great stay and like all HGI you have a great Staff and the American Grill for your Breakfast. Rooms are very confy, the pool was nice with the spa close by. The gym was well equiped and it was very frequented ;-). Not far from the outlet mall in Maple Grove, so for a business stay or for some weekend shopping it's a very good deal.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
mseverson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Thank you so much for all your kind comments about our hotel and taking the time to tell others! I love hearing these reviews and can't wait to share it with my staff. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 October 2012

My wife and I travel to the Twin Cities to visit kids and grandkids. We have often stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Maple Grove and have always enjoyed our stay. The staff is friendly and attentive and the facilities are top-notch. We are especially appreciative of staff following our last stay. Upon returning home, which is several hours away, I discovered that I had left my Kindle behind. I contacted the Hotel and the staff looked diligently and found my Kindle. Monica in housekeeping was most helpful and I appreciate her efforts. The person at the front desk, whose name I do not remember, was also very helpful and arranged to return my Kindle to me.

Great work. This is where we will stay when visiting family in the Twin Cities.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
mseverson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Hello from Maple Grove! Thank you for sharing your recent visit with us while you were in town on your recent visit to see your family. We love hearing about your stay and how it went well. We also like hearing how willing our staff was to help you after your stay. We have a very helping, honest staff and we make sure to get back anyones left behind items as we know how important that is! Thank you again for sharing your recent stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2012

When familiy visited, and our home was too small to accommodate everyone, we got several rooms and it was like home away from home. Everytihng we needed was right there. The pool is fantastic. That staff was very accommodating. The Garden Inn is nestled in a very quaint shopping area with a bakery, a breakfast eatery, several fast food restaurants and a pharmacy. What more could you need?

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
mseverson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Home away from Home. That is exactly how we want you to feel when you stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn - Maple Grove. After all, Hilton Garden Inn's motto is "Everything. Right where you need it!" We love hearing we accomplished that! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others on Trip advisors and for your kind comments! We appreciate it and I can't wait to share with my team! We hope the next time you need a little more space, you will com back and we can once again be your "Home away from Home!"

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maple Grove
Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
#1 of 3 in Brooklyn Park

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove? Share your experiences!