“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Rush Creek Golf Course was not the first place I thought of when it came to a meal on the weekend or Sunday brunch, but it's now near the top of my list.

Rush Creek is off of 101 in Maple Grove. It's a little out-of-the-way, but worth the drive. The facilities are very nice, with dining in more than one room. My wife and I went with friends, one of whom is in the wholesale food business in Minneapolis. It was his suggestion. My wife and I were a little hesitant, but we quickly warmed to the place.

The food is very good quality and the prices were surprisingly affordable. We all had different things. I had a Flat Iron Steak - it was one of the best I've had. It cost less than $20. Someone had the Corn Cake Benedict which they raved about. My wife had a salad and the Guinness Steak Chili, which she loved. Everyone remarked that the food was as good as any restaurant in Maple Grove. Dessert was fantastic - the monster cookie which we all shared (should have gotten two of them for four people).

So the food and prices are great, why not five stars? Two reasons: crowd and noise. The tables were tightly packed where we sat. I would have liked to have more as it felt a little cramped. Because the secret on this place is out, there were a lot of people eating there, so it was a little noisy, but not more than places like Pittsburgh Blue or Maynards (by the way, I'd come to Rush Creek before either of those places).

So there you have it. Great place for friends to gather. Great food and affordable prices. Give Rush Creek a try.

2  Thank 1960Corvette

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Friends invited us to meet them for dinner at this public golf course. The menu is limited BUT what they have is really good. One of us had some of the best prime rib ever and one of us had beef "dunker" sandwich. In the land of a10,000 chain restaurants this is a great find that will bring us back. Their schedule in the winter time is limited so call ahead.

1  Thank Jenn L
Reviewed 28 October 2012

It was my birthday today, I asked my husband to pick a restaurant we had never been to in the Maple Grove area. He has friends who have golfed at Rush Creek and saw the place here on Trip Advisor, the menu online looked great. Nice place, easy to find, good atmosphere, they kind of parked the families in one section and couples in the other. In a fit of hypocrisy I requested we sit away from the families with the small kids. They have a nice kids' menu and it was really hard to pick from the regular menu. I was disappointed that the listed specials were all "out" - they had decent replacements but they should have erased the list as they ran out. We were there Sunday evening, so it's understandable that the specials were gone. Anyway, the crab cake sandwich was wonderful. Not a reheated frozen patty and a nice light dressing with chopped greens, perfect portion sizes. My husband declared the fries the "best he's ever had." His drink sat empty for most of the meal and although our server was friendly and overall efficient, we were one of 3 tables she was waiting and it just seemed to take too long for everything considering those conditions. In spite of that, we will definitely go back, hopefully not during a baseball playoff as I would rather have spent the evening visiting with my family rather than their chins as they lifted their glazed eyes to a screen.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Have spent many holidays at their incredible brunch. Very elaborate, ice sculptures, great presentation of the food. Reasonably priced for a delicious holiday brunch. Service is
outstanding, employees are exceptionally friendly and nice, and the food is amazing.
Ambiance is nice and is overlooking their great golf course! Holiday Brunch at the Rush Creek
Golf Course is not to be missed!

2  Thank HolidayHannah5510
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The Highlander is a family favorite. The chili is outstanding as is the park roast sandwich. The buffalo burger is also very good. Stay clear of the turkey burger. Sit by the fireplace if you want atmosphere but we like it better in the pub area. Very friendly service.