“OLIVE GARDEN IS LOVED BY MANY” 4 of 5 bubbles

Olive Garden
Ranked #18 of 117 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“OLIVE GARDEN IS LOVED BY MANY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Over the years I have had bad experiences at Olive Garden and good experience. On this visit it was a pleasant way to celebrate my grand-daughters 16th birthday. She absolutely loves the Olive Garden. When I asked why she loved it so much, she said, "their awesome salad and bread sticks."
I am personally not that impressed with the salad and bread sticks, but I would say it is a matter of taste.
I ordered the "chicken flatbread" with a white sauce. It was very good and ample for one person, it came with a choice of soup or salad. I chose the Soupa with potato, and Italian sausage. After eating one bread stick and the soup, I was rather full and could only eat half of my flatbread. The $9.75 was a great value for the money.
We had a party of six, and everyone ordered everything from chicken linguine, to cheese ravioli with meat sauce, and seafood linguine. Since I was a guest, I only know the price of my dinner, but I did glance at some of the prices and thought they very reasonable, the portions are generous, and dinners have a choice of soup and salad with just about anything you order. I was surprised that, the flatbread came with a salad or soup.
It was a week night and the place was packed. The parking was ample, and the restaurant is pleasantly decorated to give a feel of home.
Our waitress was Jolie, she was very attentive to her tables and made sure she kept everyone satisfied with our request for refills or water, bread sticks, and salad. Jolie, was always smiling and ready to please us. I would say she is what makes a great waitress.

That is another thing that attracts people to Olive Garden is the endless salad, and bread sticks. They do serve wine but everyone at our table stuck to water, and I had a diet coke. I would say the overall visit was fun and satisfactory.
The restaurant is noisy, but it did not seem to bothers the others as much it did us seniors who have a little problem hearing.
Olive Garden does a great job for the family atmosphere , and those who have not developed a taste for more upscale cuisine, I would say it is the go to place for great value for the money.. They will be in business for a long time as long as they keep that salad and bread sticks flowing.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MarilynG61

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Off night?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

As a fairly loyal Olive Garden visitor, I found this particular visit to miss the mark..hoping just an off night. We were there about 9:00 and they are open until 10:00, you always get the feeling they wanted to close early..When we were greeted their were a few kids sitting in lobby that appeared to be just off duty table clearers and dishwashers that were literally sprawled out on the furniture..We were seated in a cozy section. Our waitress seemed to maybe spread a little to thin on the amount of tables she was taking care of. We ordered 2 salads and 2 soups along with 3 seafood alfredo and 1 spaghetti with Italian sausage. we had finished our salads and waitress never returned to see if we wanted more....Main course just wasn't up to par all 4 items were bland and seemed as though they sat awhile ...will give another try...

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Fargo
“Great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Went to eat here with our family for an early supper. Good was very good. Service was excellent. Very friendly, attentive, and constantly on top of our needs. Will definitely be back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JSJPII
Buffalo, Minnesota, United States
“Customer Service At Its Finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My son & I went to the Olive Garden in Maple Grove tonight for dinner. He ordered a steak pasta meal, with his steak med. rare. When the food arrived the server asked him to cut into his meat because she felt it was too well done. He cut into it and said it was fine and she said no it is too well done. She then proceeded to go back to the kitchen and get him another side of steak. A few minutes after the extra side of steak arrived the manager approached and asked if this steak was better and apologized for the over cooked steak and then comped his meal. All of this was done on Olive Garden's part, my son was perfectly happy with the steak that originally came with the meal. To me this is top notch customer service! Will definitely be going back there again!!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chantelle S
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Reasonable Rates and Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Good food, reasonable rates, good service and friendly servers. They offer budget friendly specials and always bringing new items to their menu. We have eaten at this restaurant since it opened in Maple Grove.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Valerie1950

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!