“Transcendent”

Zushiya
Ranked #77 of 123 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Me and a couple of my girlfriends, had a Girl's Night Out last Saturday night. We were craving Sushi for dinner, and I knew SAWATDEE of Maple Grove had a sushi bar, ZUSHIYA. I've visited Zushiya plenty of times and so i know its great quality! We went for sushi and they seemed really busy! The restaurant was packed and the bar seemed to be filled with regulars. My girls and I, sat at the sushi bar, that the Beautiful Host gave us a great spot by the sushi chef, and the sushi chef made our Night! He was very welcoming, humorous and very patient, answering all of our questions... not to mention, he was also very CUTE! Both of them! Our Server was great taking our drinks, and patient. We asked the chef to make us a variety of Nigiri's and sashimi's. He called it "Omakase", for a variety of sushi. When we got our sushi, it was so Beautiful, that we girls didn't want to eat it! He was very artistic, and creative. My favorite roll was "The Zushiya Roll and Rainbow Roll". The fish was Fresh, and the rolls tasted Delightful. Great spicy levels, and the sauces on top of our sushi were perfect! That was my best night at Zushiya, everything was very Proficient!, and i was glad that my girls had a great time, since it was there first time at Zushiya, and they Know "Great Sushi". For sure, we're going to have another girl's night out, and we'll be back for sushi! Thanks so much Chef Polo!

Reviewed 16 January 2010

We visited Zushiya today for lunch and were very disappointed. The sushi chef was very friendly but that was the only positive. We were the only ones at the sushi bar and it still took 20+ minutes for a small order. The fish wasn't very fresh, lacked flavor and was expensive. We have been to all of the other sushi resteraunts in the area and this was by far the worst sushi we have had. Would not go back or recommend.

Reviewed 4 March 2007

We tried several sushi rolls. They were inconsistent, not well rolled. I felt the rolls were spicy even though we did not order all of them spicy. They were not chalk full of fish. The tempura was fair, too many red and green peppers. The best thing was the salad. They used a sesame dressing that was very tasty. I would not run back. The server was very nice, but overall it was slow.

1  Thank PlanetR
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 February 2006

We just visited Zushiya in Maple Grove and was awaiting some good sushi. We got a nice table, the hostess was nice, and ordered some drinks. The environment feels 'small and daint'. They do have a sushi bar along with a bar to order drinks. Server took a while to get to us, seemed like they were very short on staff. I got my salad and soup first, while he waited for his. I'm done with soup, and now he receives his. I go my food way before he got his, and it was cold. We complained to the manager and he says "well, it takes a while to make sushi". I asked if I could get warm chicken and rice, not cold, he said "no". The server never came back, he didn't recieve his sushi and we waited about 20 minutes, so we left. Take it at that...maybe it was just bad service, but that definately ruins the meal. It's no fun having your fiance watch you eat cold food while he's waiting for his...

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 December 2005

We've been regulars... more than regulars since our original visit to Zushiya. And to be quite honest, things haven't stayed up to our standards. Barring the usual changes that a new restaurant goes through (cutting costs on the menus, utensils, grade of soy sauce, etc...) we've seen a bevy of servers come and go. Most notably is some new faces behind the sushi bar, and they haven't provided the quality, and on some occasions the Quantity that we've come to expect from our regular orders. A few words of advice: avoid Zushiya on Sunday as that seems to be the day the "not quite so fresh" fish gets used; and for those of you early enough to catch "happy hour" get your drink order first because the "spicy" in the sushi specials refers to a new brand of volcanic lava mixed with the tuna and salmon and you'll need something to extinguish the fire. We still wander back occasionally, but we're already looking for a new home for "omakase"...

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Zushiya? Share your experiences!