Open today: 10:00 - 02:00
Review Highlights
Typical sports bar with surprisingly good food

Great place for quick meal. The food was quite good--taco salad and perch sandwich. The service was... read more

Reviewed 15 July 2018
CoopyCobMN
Monticello, MN, USA
Good

This is a bar and grill with average prices. Our food was very good. The service was good, and I... read more

Reviewed 4 June 2018
rkubesh
Champlin, Minnesota
via mobile

All reviews nachos corner pub pull tabs bingo waitress table fun
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Good pizza after a movie. Snack size (9-10 inch) was just enough for 3 of us. This was the "garbage" pizza with lots of veggies. Very tasty. Women had margaritas ( I didn't taste their drinks, but I heard no complaints). I had beer, and later decaf coffee. New waitress, but she learned fast.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

My taco salad was good and my wife's hamburger was too. There are monthly beer specials and good happy hour deals.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

The steak bites & pretzel bites were great. The juicy burger wasn't very juicy & the nachos were good with the exception of the queso cheese. I can honestly say it's the worst queso I have ever eaten & I get queso as much as possible. It tasted like chunky cheese soup. The guac was super salty, so I'm guessing homemade & just a bad recipe or someone didn't follow it very well.
The mango margaritas were delicious!
At first I was very pleased with the attentiveness of the wait staff, but that seemed to dwindle throughout the night. Not sure if it was nearing the end of her shift & she was working on clean ups, but we had some friends join us later in the evening & the service seemed to get pretty slow even though the dinner crowd was dwindling out so there were less people to wait on.
Purse bingo went smoothly & was fun & there was a small meat raffle before bingo started so that was fun as well.
This is definitely a fun bar to hang out at, but it's hit or miss when it comes to the food.
There's a pull tab booth for anyone who likes tabs & the bathrooms were well kept.

Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

We have visited the establishment for years. This time the waitress was way over whelmed. Wrong food order, forever waiting on our drinks( we saw other waitstaff grab her drafts giving them to others.. Hmmm) thus when she finally realized we were all patiently waiting the bartender made her wait atleast 10 more minutes ... Not very impressed. The DJ set up in front of our 2 tables blocking the Wild game- ahem its a sports bar setting and the game was down to 8 minutes. We asked him to politely Not stand in front if the TV.. He laughed and cared less. There are SO many Nice bars in the Grove so we will choose another next outting.

Reviewed 6 October 2014

Although you won't impress a first date with the ambiance at JC's, it's a great Maple Grove "dive" to stop in for a cold beer and good bar food.

The boneless wings were good, the beer was cold, and my wife enjoyed her buffalo chicken wrap.