Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest(Brooklyn Park)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewswater parkbunk bedspool areavenetian themeconcession standlarge hot tublife jacketsbig slidesdave and busterslifeguard on dutykids areakids eat freean adultarbor lakesbreakfast buffetrooms were very cleangreat weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed here a few times as I was in the area for business. As chain hotels go I liked this one as it had a nice fire in the bar area and was a little more cozy than the Marriott next door. I have been assigned rooms that smelled of smoke but I was quickly changed to another room after I complained. The staff here are also very attentive and do everything to help. I would regularly be rushing for meetings at breakfast and after being here a few times my breakfast was always ready to go. Good business hotel but seems to have a lot of families also as it has a big water slide and pool.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank girliechick
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thank you for the great comments about our staff along with the nice comments about our hotel. I would like to apologize for the time that you were in a room that smelled like smoke but I am happy to hear that our staff quickly accommodated you. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and make every effort to eliminate all odors from our rooms. As you noted we do have many families on the weekend because we have a waterpark that is open on the weekends only. It is open weekends only because we want our business travelers, like yourself, to have the atmosphere and accommodations they need to be productive while on the road. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Maple Grove.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

My sister and I wanted a girls weekend away with a 7 and 5 year old. We booked a Tuscany Suite to allow 2 queen beds and a separate activity area for crafting and eating. While the separate area did not have a door, it was far enough away from the bedroom area to allow the girls to sleep and us to stay up for some adult fun. The full size fridge was a plus, as was the microwave and Bath & Body Works bathroom amenities. Enough about the room -- it was lovely, modern and clean. I must add there were two 37" flat screen TV's to satisfy everyone.

Waterpark: This is why we booked here. I have to say it is quite the bonus that only hotel guests are allowed to use the facilities. This keeps the crowd manageable. The lifeguards are attentive and watching all activities. It is nice that while the kids play, we adults can grab an adult beverage from the concession area.

Note: Loud on floor 1. This is expect6ed given the fact this is a waterpark hotel. I get this -- but if you want quiet, go up to floor 2 or more.

We will be back. A beautiful hotel and kind, thoughtful staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Thank you very much for the kind comments about our hotel staff as well as the hotel and waterpark. We take pride in providing a safe, family friendly environment in our waterpark and hotel and appreciate your feedback. We are very happy that you were able to have an enjoyable weekend with your family and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We stayed here for a family Christmas get-together. There was around 10 of us, and we had 3 or 4 rooms. We were all very happy with the rooms. They were very comfortable. The larger rooms had enough space for all of us to unwrap gifts in the sitting area.
The pool and waterpark is small enough where you can let the kids play and see them from your chair. There was plenty of pool staff. There were plenty of tables and chairs.
We had a drink at the bar, and we had breakfast at their buffet. The service was great, and the breakfast was way better than I expected it to be. (Not the usual bagels/rolls/cereal kind of thing- there were several hot options and everything was fresh.)
The decor at the hotel was almost funny- totally not what you'd expect at a Holiday Inn. It's like a little tiny Vegas hotel, there are paintings everywhere, all with like a Venice theme.
This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

We are very excited that you planned your Christmas celebration with us and that it turned out so well. We are happy to hear that there was fun for all ages whether it was in the lounge, restaurant, or waterpark. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I regularly stay at the Holiday Inn in Maple Grove while travelling to the area on business. I've probably stayed there 20 times (3 - 4 nights per stay) and I really can't fault the place. The location is perfect for me as the company I visit is 10 minutes away. The hotel is very well positioned with many stores and restaurants within walking distance (which isn't far in Minnesota in winter with temps of -30 degrees C)
The staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are large, very clean, well equiped (big beds, fridge, flat-screen etc). On a few occassions I have been assigned a suite with a hot-tub. I am a regular user of the fitness room; I appreciate being able to work out when i wake up at 3 or 4am due to Jet Lag. The hotel was a water park which is open at weekends so I haven;t had the opportunity to use (maybe someday).

There is just an efficiency about this hotel which I appreciate; they just make it easy on their guests. Big thumbs up from me.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel and service team. We understand when traveling for business you have many things to worry about and quality hotel rooms and customer service should not be one of them. Thank you again for your loyalty and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I travel 90% for my job. I stay in all types of hotels in urban and rural areas. Rarely do I find a property that is 5 star when I am on business...but this one is PERFECTION.
First, the decor is fantastic with a Venice theme. There are statues, lovely murals, columns, even a gondolla to welcome you upon check in. In addition, there is a waterpark open on weekends that is designed with a Venice theme......FANTASTIC!!
The service is also impeccable. Front desk staff are knowledgeable and are ready to assist you in ANY way. In fact, last night the temperature was -30 degrees. The front desk staff offered to go out and bring my car to the front of the hotel....and this isnt a full service hotel.
The food at the hotel restaurant is SUPERB. Although a bit pricey- the portions are very generous. They offer great Italian food and the best ribeye steak I have had in a long time.
The hotel is exceptionally clean. The rooms are HUGE and have everything you could possibly need. I did encounter an issue with their internet service. However the ACTUAL manager fixed the issue himself the next day.
The hotel offers business services and is located smack in the middle of shops, restaurants, and easy highway access. I truly wish I lived here......I would bring my kids for the weekend, its THAT great.
Rarely are you able to find a hotel that is comfortable and manage the business traveler and family visitors as well.
I will stay again and again and again!!!!!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are available. The view isnt great but if you want to step out for some fresh air its a nice option.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Thank you very much for the excellent feedback about our hotel. We agree that we have an ideal location for both business and leisure travelers but even more important we appreciate your recognition of our team and the service they provide. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future.