“Make a reservation”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 120 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Cross street: Hemlock and Elm Creek
South Dakota
“Make a reservation”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I've been here 3-4 times during my travels to Minnesota. Place is always packed even during weekdays and the wait is normally over one hour without a reservation. It's a very popular birthday place as they give a $30 off coupon for your birthday. They must have sung happy birthday to someone every 10 minutes while we were there. Sushi is good as they have a large selection of rolls. My favorites are the Gotham roll and the Chili Shrimp roll (Spicy). The Hibachi cooking performance is the best I've seen at several different brands of this type of restaurant.

• Visited March 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“too much for what you got”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

took out of town guests here and paid thru the nose. we must have had a new chef for we did not get entertained nor did he know what he was doing . was not exciting and we were practically the only ones there for the dinner hour

Visited June 2013
Isanti, Minnesota
“Love Benihana”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I love the food here and the shrimp sauce - wow!! I really like that I can get food to go also however that is also my one complaint. There are times I call to get just some fried rice to go and I am told it will be 1- 1 1/2 hours to get it. Really?? Fried rice? so I generally cancel the order as that is crazy. I took my daughter and 6 of her friends here for a birthday party years ago and they all still remember it as being one of the most fun birthday parties they have ever been to. You can get a meal in the bar also so if you don't want the live cooking at your table you can get a meal in the bar area which is more quiet.

Visited January 2014
Lakewood Ranch
“For the price not worth it”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Went to Benihana with a party of 9 and was sat in the back corner where all the dirty trays come back, kind of gross. Then took forever for the cook to come over. Food was overpriced and not very well prepared as other private chain Japanese steakhouse's. My son got a sushi mean and he was not pleased with his meal. Find a small chain an stay away from overpriced benihana

Visited January 2014
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Slice & Dice Entertainment”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were recently treated to a real meal preparation extravaganza at Maple Grove's Benehana's Restaurant. There were 6 in our party and we were almost hypnotized by the constant knife and spatula work of our food chef. From shrimp to steak to calamari... everything turned out great. Highly recommended for a special night out.

• Visited December 2013

Been to Benihana? Share your experiences!