“A Business Trip Refuge of Calm and Quiet”

Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This past weekend I had a speaking engagement in the Minneapolis area and the group sponsoring my talks selected this Courtyard Marriott in Maple Grove since it was nearest to the speaking venue.

The check in process was a breeze mid-afternoon on a Friday. I was a bit apprehensive about a potentially noisy few nights since families seemed to be staying at the property so their kids could participate in a hockey tournament. Surprisingly, there was little or no noise - I've stayed at some properties with kids running up and down the hallway or having the breakfast room overrun but there was none of that.

The room was large, had a great space for working and was clean clean clean. It was the perfect refuge for me to unwind after my talks! The location is perfect since there are many stores and restaurants nearby as part of the Arbor Lakes development.

This is a great property, well maintained, friendly staff and a good value!

Room Tip: I stayed in 315 which was right next to the elevators but surprisingly there was little or no noise!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TPImanager, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel, the Courtyard, in Maple Grove. We have a great location surrounded by plenty of shopping and restaurants. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and how we strive to maintain the hotel keeping it clean and fresh for all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and hope that your next stay will be just as pleasurable.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This hotel is a paradox of sorts for me as a business traveler. The rooms are great. Clean and plush. Never had any issues with the quality of the rooms. The restaurant is just ok, breakfast is a step above a normal courtyard experience.

Internet is one place I find issues with the hotel (and the one reason I've stayed other places in the last 5 years when staying in Maple Grove.) Internet is not up to normal Marriott standards. You can have good days (likely lower occupancy) but in general this is a negative that keeps this property from being an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TPImanager, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

We sure would like to thank you for taking the time and for giving us a Positive review. We strive to make our rooms clean and comfortable. I apologize that you experienced some internet issues during your stay. We will certainty address this with our provider and do everything we can to make it better upon your next stay with us. Thank you again for staying with us

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Came thorough here for a quick stop on a family trip. Hotel was very modern with a pool and restaurant. Room was very clean and equipped with a microwave and fridge. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable! Unfortunately, they did not have a free breakfast. I would stay here again if they offered breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
TPImanager, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us during your Quick Stop over while in Maple Grove. We appreciate that you pointed out how clean our hotel is and that you enjoyed your bed and Pillows. We hope in the future that you choose to stay with us for more than just a quick stop over. Thank you again for such a great review.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here multiple times and had a great experience every time! I have gone with my husband, family, and girlfriends,works for all! We love the outdoor hot tub, clean rooms and friendly staff.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
TPImanager, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

We would like to thank you for writing such a wonderful review. It’s great that you mentioned our Friendly staff and how clean our rooms are since that is what we focus on every day. We are also glad that you enjoyed the outdoor hot tub, this something that is very unique in Minnesota, an outdoor hot tub. Thank you again for such a kind review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I just got left this hotel today so I wanted to review it right away before I forgot to. I live in the area and take little weekend vacations a couple of times a year. This is by far the best hotel in Maple Grove, hands down. I have stayed in the Holiday Inn next door, the Hilton Garden Inn down the road and neither are close to as nice as this hotel. I will be back again for sure.

The hotel is VERY clean everywhere, including the rooms. The staff was very friendly and the hotel is near everything in Maple Grove. It is nicely updated and it seems they take very good care of things. The pool is small but fine and the hottub is outside, which I did not try in this cold weather.

The only negative I have about this hotel is the breakfast. My family joined me at 10:00am for breakfast and the place was not busy at all. Despite them not being busy, there was barely any food on the buffet at all. We were there for about an hour and in that time the scrambled eggs were never replenished and neither was the bacon(or any of the other food for that matter). So there was some bagels and bread, yogurt and cereal and some sausage and potatoes. I got a cooked to order omelet, but it was not very good at all. The bacon was so burned it was black and the cheese was not melted. Strange. My husband wanted a waffle and the cook gave him a cup with enough batter to make one waffle and that was it. If he wanted more he would have to go and ask the cook for more. The poor cook was running like crazy as it seemed she was in charge of everything in the area AND had to make the omelets. For the 4 of us to eat it was $40 and I felt like they should have only charged us 1/2 of that since we really did not get any food. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
TPImanager, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Courtyard in Maple Grove. It is very nice to see that you noticed how clean our hotel is and just how nice our rooms are. I do want to apologize for the issues you mentioned regarding your Breakfast. I want to assure you that we have reviewed your comments and taken actions so that this does not happen in the future. What you experienced was not normal for us and I am sure was an isolated incident that morning. We strive to make our guests experience in every area as wonderful as possible.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

GIRL'S NIGHT OUT!

We were celebrating my birthday and I am happy to report, we had a WONDERFUL time!

Service was good, the room was clean and really no complaints here!

We utilized the workout room that was nice and we were in walking distance to all of the shops, so Caribou was still my best friend the next morning especially after a LONG night!

Nice spot, I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
TPImanager, SRE Coordinator at Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

We would like to thank you for such a nice review and even more important is that you had a great time for your birthday. It is always gratifying to hear from our guests that they had a wonderful time while staying with us. Thank you for noticing our level of cleanliness and that we provided your group “good service”. We hope to see you sooner than your next birthday, but if not we hope you make us part of a Birthday tradition/celebration.

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel has lots to see, eat and so surrounding it. It has a small lobby that is pleasant. The hallways and rooms are quite up to date. The room is really nice and clean. It has refrigerator, flat screen tv and sofa. The air conditioner unit is difficult to operate. Comfortable bed and nice modern bathroom. The breakfast in the morning was really good. Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would definitely come back again when in the area.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
TPImanager, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

I want to thank you for such a nice review and pointing out how good a job our Housekeeping team does in providing our guests a Clean Room. Additionally I am so glad that you mentioned our location and the wonderful restaurants and Shops that are located here in Maple Grove. Once again thank you and we look forward to you stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maple Grove
Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
#1 of 3 in Brooklyn Park

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes? Share your experiences!