“Very new, bright, and big.”

Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Reviewed 1 March 2009

Excellent location, bang in the middle of the shopping center. Tons of restaurants and shops nearby.

Big room. Good breakfast. Helpful staff.

Small enough fitness room. 2 treadmills only. The weights station takes a while to figure out.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 November 2008

My husband & I along with many other members of our family were in Maple Grove for the wedding of our niece. She & her husband-to-be had booked out blocks of rooms @ the Courtyard by Marriott and the Holiday Inn which shares the parking lot. Both were excellent properties, but we will only speak about the Courtyard.
Our room was great with a large balcony as well as a great king size bed, feather pillows, etc. The entire suite was spotless and the housekeeping staff was prompt, courteous and very efficient.
The staff @ the front desk was extremely helpful and accomodating. As we had many family members from both families, there was lots of partying going on for 4 nights, and the staff were extremely kind, allowing us to use the area near the pool table to gather and party until the early hours of the morning.
There happened to be 2 other large gatherings in the hotel the same week-end we were there and the staff just kept on keeping on with smiles on their faces.
The breakfasts in the restaurant were very good. The price was reasonable and once again the employees always had a smile on their faces and were very pleasant.
The only problem we encountered was that the taxi we had reserved to get to the wedding did not show up, but the front desk once again jumped in and tried to help, but we solved the problem on our own.
We would definitely stay in this hotel again.
As another bit of info for those coming into town and not renting a car, we used the Super Shuttle to get to and from the hotel and airport and it was great.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2008

This is an excellent hotel - bright, modern, clean quiet. Its in an area with lots and lots of shops and restaurants and has easy access to the Interstate. the only (very minor) niggle that I had was that the windows don't open but no biggie really.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank PicaPica60
Reviewed 29 April 2008

Marriott hotels are usually our first choice for business and personal trips. We travel often, my husand & I, since we work together in recruitment. I even worked at a multiple-award-winning Courtyard for a year about 10 years ago, so my standards are high. THIS Courtyard is by far, hands-down, the very best we've ever experienced. Although it's brand new, we have already stayed there 3 times this year. The first time, we actually had meetings in Maple Grove, but the 2nd and 3rd times, our meetings were at least 20 minutes away, closer to other Marriott properties. Yet we looked forward each time to returning to the Maple Grove hotel. I love the wild but very classy decor- furniture, carpets, the not-square closet and bathroom countertop, the teak colored wood, the pussywillows in a black lacquered vase with above lighting, the red sofa (I want one for home, actually) of which the backrest pillows are not equally shaped, and more. It's Asian and Swedish, if you can imagine. One problem, however, is that the water is too soft. Thus it takes a long time to rinse off soap, which also explains why the towels feel like they were dried with detergent still on them. I wanted to mention this to the GM in an e-mail but couldn't find on the website how to contact him/her directly. The location is excellent, too, with everything you could need in the area, even a COSTCO! I had never been in a Byerlys store before, and enjoyed that, too.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Songbird4JC
Reviewed 25 April 2008

I just came back from a too short stay at the Courtyard Marriot in Maple Grove MN. Not expecting too much, I was very surprised by the very modern exterior of the hotel. Inside was much the same with everything looking very new, modern and bright (especially the funky carpeting).
Rooms were very nice with a flat screen HD TV along with a sofa in front of it. Comfortable beds and a great bathroom.
Didn't have time for the workout room or pool but both looked to be more than sufficient. And don't forget the pool table in the bar.
The hotel is sitting in what has to be the biggest strip mall I have ever seen. Not very scenic, but convenient for whatever you may need. Many restaurants and stores in short walking distance.
I am not in a hurry to get back to Maple Grove, but if I do, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen D
Reviewed 1 February 2008

I enjoyed my stay here to say the least and it's the only property I've seen in a long time w/ a outdoor jacuzzi!!! They (staff and building planner) went above and beyond on many levels. Like no Marriott I've stayed at before. The front desk was very helpful on several occasions.
Will def. be back next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2008

The hotel is brand new. The rooms are very clean. (should be for how new it is) The decor has an Asian influence and goes well. The bar has a free pool table. And the bartender was very nice. The one thing about the bar area that was not good, was the floor. It's like a casino floor minus the blackjack tables and slot machines. The pool was small but not crowded. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
#1 of 3 in Brooklyn Park

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes? Share your experiences!