“STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Onalaska, Wisconsin, United States
“STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

Stayed at Extended Stay America - Maple Grove last night.. STAY AWAY!! The place is terrible.. We booked online and when we arrived they charged us an extra $11 for a room with 2 double beds, the beds were hard as a rock and the sheets and blankets stunk like cigarettes as well as the rest of the room. No shampoo, the shower curtain rod fell out of the wall, dust on everything. The remote for the TV didn't work(had to get another one), the caulking in the bathroom was all over the mirror, the wall in the bathroom looked like they started to sand it and gave up, so the dust from sanding was all over the tub.. I called and complained about the smell in the room, and she came and sprayed some scent spray and turned the bathroom fan on.. LOL!! I'm probably missing some other stuff.. Go someplace else. The breakfast is an absolute joke. Oh and the parking lot and sidewalks were unplowed and very icy.

Room Tip: Pick a room at another hotel..
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The problems you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention thus allow us the oportunity to better our services. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Should you wish to discuss this further please email me at eleal@extendedstay.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed in Mid-December on a business trip to Minneapolis. This hotel is easy access, right off the highway and there is a nice coffee shop called Caribo? Similar to Starbucks. Check in was smooth. When I got to my room it was VERY clean and towels and other items were displayed nicely. Heidi was my housekeeper and she made my room look like I was staying at the Hilton! The kleenex was fully stocked and displayed with a flower - I've never seen that before. One recommendation is to change the comforters.. They kept slipping off of the bed while I was sleeping. This is a great hotel for the price - check it out!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Eleal, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this review, 12 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm glad that our location was perfect for your travel needs. I am also glad you took the time to recognize one of our superstars at our hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Redwood Falls, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

it was a nice clean hotel wish it was closer to a gym but they all ca not be the bed spread could be nicer but all in all the hotel was and quiet the staff was great JoAnne did alot for use we had to change reservation a couple of times adn Glen was very nice and had a great attitude

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit to our Hotel. Thank you again for your review and appreciate your comments about our staff. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Saint Cloud, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

Highest compliment to Joanna at front desk check in. Friendly, helpful, great smile,great personality. She was helpful and always available. When asked, can she print out our boarding passes for Southwest, she did. We had to leave before they open at 7 am and she sent our check out receipt to us. She also sent out mail for us.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this review, 15 December 2012
Thank you for your great review of our Staff. I'm glad that JoAnn was able to accommodate all of your needs and requests. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
River Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012 via mobile

The staff is wonderful. I want to say Thank You to a housekeeper hidie, you made my day!! My room was clean, my toilet paper was even folded nicely, it's those little things that made my day just a bit brighter. I only ask for some kind of breakfast...Will be back again in the spring. Thank You all for your smiles, and clean rooms!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your great review of our Extended Stay America in Maple Grove and mainly about your comments about our Staff . I'm very glad to hear that Hidie provided your room exceptional services during your stay with us. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again this spring which by then we will serve a 'Grab and Go' breakfast.
Porter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I recently visited family in the Minneapolis area and was so pleased with my stay at Extended Stay America in Maple Grove, Mn. The location of the hotel is beautiful. It is nestled among maple trees that displayed beautiful fall foliage. As I drove up to the hotel, the lovely fall mums in assorted brillant colors caught my attention. The clean, fresh smell of the reception area was very welcoming. I was greeted by the JoAnne at the front desk. She was so very pleasant, professional and knowlegable about the area and answered all my questions regarding shopping, restaurants and sites to visit. The rooms were spacious and clean with new beds. Heidi and Megan were wonderful in housekeeping!! Glen, in maintenance, made sure everything was perfect!! Carleta and Shane were very welcoming as well. I highly recommed this hotel!! I will be back to visit soo. Thank you to the wonderful staff in Maple Grove for a job well done!!

Room Tip: I rented two rooms on the first floor and both rooms were in a good location. They were very clean...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel in Maple Grove, Minnesota. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Also, thanks as well for the acknowledgement of our Staff as well. We truly appreciate such comments.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location."
Rancho Cucamonga, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

The place was suggested by my company and so close to my job. It was my first experience with ESA. Being accustomed to on-site amentities, I was expecting more but find its the lowest price around for fully equipped room facilities. Sometimes no staff was around or in the back room and have to wait for someone to come to the front desk. I suggest they put a bell on the desk to get someone's attention. Some staff is knowledgeable on what's nearby that other staff not familiar with the area need to know for guest inquires. I also suggest the hotel put out treats on the front desk with flyers for guests on whats nearby with addresses and phone numbers. One of the staff (Carlotta) was very helpful and glad she recommended Lifetime Fitness next to the community center so if you are in town looking for a good deal, see Adam Norman 763.420.8282.

Room Tip: If you are more interested in a cheap price with no amentities other than a kitchenette than this is...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove. In response to your feedback, I am in agreement on your suggestion to place a bell at the desk to which we have since implemented. We will also work more with our Staff to ensure they are well educated on the Property’s surroundings thus ensure they communicate such with our guests better. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at eleal@extendedstay.com.