“Food and Service are very good; the building needs a little work”

Taste of India - Maplewood
Ranked #22 of 58 Restaurants in Maplewood
Price range: US$15 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I went there for the buffet today. $8.99 per person, plus $2.50 for chai tea with free refills. The building is getting old and needs some work. However it was very clean. The staff was prompt, and very friendly. The buffet was great. I counted about 20 items and tried some of each. I can't remember the Indian names of the dishes I tried but I liked them all. There were about 30 customers in the place; mostly women. I was one of three men in the place, one of which, was the cook. I would go back again. They have a large non-buffet menu, wine, beers, and various Indian beverages. Menu entree prices ranged from $8.95 to $17.95.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

We've visited Taste of India many times over the years and have never been disappointed. The aroma as you enter this restaurant is simply wonderful, and the food is even better. We normally go to their lunch buffet, sometimes after church. The lunch buffet is seven days a week. Dinner is also served. There is a great array of foods from which to choose. Tables have white clothes and cloth napkins, making one feel even more welcome. The diningroom and buffet table are kept spotlessly clean. The parking sitation is good and right in front of the restaurant, including parking for take out and for handicappied access. We've never had to wait long for a table, and are given our drinks quickly. Then one serves himself from the buffet table. The buffet includes appetizers, entrees, and desserts. The food is hot and deliicous. The price is reasonable in view of what one gets. This place shouldn't be missed, and there is a good reason it has been there for a long time.

1  Thank Lynn J
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The better Indian cuisines around Minneapolis. The food is always good and the service is with a smile. For the price you cant beat it.

1  Thank CindyF764
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is a good place to get tasty indian food. Very consistant.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

The food is like your typical Indian Restaurant, very creamy with not a lot of flavors. Staff is extremely friendly and pleasant. I have eaten at all the Indian Restaurants in the Twin Cities and I wouldn't go back. I prefer more flavor and when the chicken is cubed in a dish I normally won't like it.

1  Thank Rachael E