“Great value and one of the best beds I have ever slept in”

LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Maplewood
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed 2 nights here in August. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean, and it is easy to get to the highway from the hotel. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in!! Overall, a great value!

• Stayed: August 2013
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I will give my staff a special thank you for there hard work, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at the LivInn Hotel for two months. They do a good job of keeping the rooms in excellent condition. The staff was friendly and always available to assist with questions and concerns. I'd like to thank Angela/Beth/Dawn in particular for being great representatives for the LivInn Hotel. LiveInn offered the best quality at an affordable price-point for those in need of extened housing.

Thanks for making my experience a great one.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I had some meetings at the University, and this was 15 miles away, but I had a car and it was along route 94. I got a very good rate here on a Priceline stay, half to a third of what I would have had to pay near the University. Pluses are that it was very clean, the pillows were very comfortable, the light switches were simple and obvious (one of my pet peeves in some hotels), and the towels were plush and inviting. Some small problems were that there was no TV guide, the only outlets for my computer or phone was a power strip hanging precariously off the floor plugged into the microwave, the elevator was quite slow, the magnetic key card stopped working halfway through the stay, and the access from Century Avenue was quite awkward. The staff was quite friendly, but I had to wait quite some time to get my keycard refreshed because of a slow customer in front of me.
I liked getting a local newspaper every day. All of these problems I just mentioned were quite minor and I would do it again given the very low price.

Room Tip: Don't park in the Denny's lot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express to us how we can better our team. I am pleased that you were happy with your stay and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The room was fine, clean and basic, perhaps even better than one would expect for a 2*...nice flat screen TV and linens, etc. And that was where the nice ended. The front desk clerk was pleasant when I checked in, but there was a big overflowing cart of towels right behind the front desk which set the tone. Everything else had a slightly dodgy element to it. Several of the parking lot lights were out making it dark, and I didn't feel particularly comfortable walking around in it at night. Several shady looking people were smoking outside the front door, and after hours you need to use your card to get into the building so it further instills an unsafe feeling. The next morning at 7:30 a.m. there was a guy with a 6 pack of beer on the edge of the parking lot. Just overall a shady scene. This is the second time I have stayed here (both Priceline bids) and got the same vibe then. I think if they could clean up the atmosphere it would be a place I would want to stay, but I would not want to go back as it is...

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators as the walls are thin and you hear everyone get on or off...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can better our hotel and staff. I do apologize that you were not 100% satisfied. I will check on the parking lot lights today, and if need be fix them immediately. I do have refinery workers that work overnight and do get back from work around 5am. I would hope that you would give us a try again, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

While staying at your hotel, the one and only ice machine located on the ground floor broke down and was down for two of the three days we were there. There was a sign attached that said the machine was not working because it was overactive due to the heat and that people were getting ice so frequently that it could not produce enough ice. My question is why are there not ice machines located on each floor rather than the only one located at the bottom end of the hotel? I would suggest that more ice machines be installed on more floors. If not each floor at least every other floor. Also, the parking is horrendous. Out front is the parking for Denny's Restaurant which states under no circumstances are you to park there or your car would be impounded.

Room Tip: The staff was pretty friendly except for one gentleman who sounded as if he could go off any minute...
Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ppopples

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did and how we can better our hotel. I do apologize about the ice machine, this is not something that happens all the time. We do only have one ice machine due to space, but will consider looking into. We would hope that you would try our hotel again.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I reserved 1 room for 2 nights for a friend and myself (males) at an online booking site. I called the Wed before checkin to confirm I could get a room with two beds, they told me to call back on Fri to confirm. I called Fri and spoke to the manager who assured me I would have a king bed with a roll away bed or 2 double beds. When I arrived Fri for check in at 11:30 pm they told me they did not have 2 beds in 1 room available. I called the online reservation # and they stated all the hotel had to do was provide accommodations for 2 people. The hotel stated all they could do was rent me an additional room, at a rate $20.00 higher than the price I had paid for the original room. We paid for the extra room at that point because it was so late.

If the hotel staff had any customer services skills at all they would have provided the additional room for free or at least matched the price I was paying for the first room since I had called twice and was assured by the manager that 2 beds would be available. The next night they moved us into 1 room with double beds.

Also, the doors to the lobby are locked and you have to be let in, which made us feel the hotel doesn't feel the area is safe.

The price for the room I requested would have been a good value if they could have provided it when I checked in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DMTraveler2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Having lived in this area for many years I wanted to be here when I visited friends and family. This was my first time at LivInn and I was happy with the hotel in general, the room and staff. I was greeted by Heaven at the front desk, and she was very friendly and answered any questions I had. I encountered no issues during the week I was there and will stay again.Also, the location is perfect and close to freeways to get anyplace in the Twin Cities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maplewood
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
Hotel Metro
Hotel Metro
#11 of 16 in Saint Paul
Best Western Regency Plaza Hotel - St. Paul East
Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Paul-Woodbury
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury

Been to LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood? Share your experiences!