“Nice place to stay”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Marshall
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was well pleased with my stay at the Marshall AmericInn. Actually I've been pleased with all AmericInns I've stayed at. The best so far is Madison West.
Nice to have an elevator for the upper floors.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our family of 5 stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. It was clean and quiet-just what we need with little kids. The pool area was well maintained and there were plenty of extra towels. The breakfast area was very busy and a bit small for such a large facility. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel was relatively new, clean, well maintained, with good service from staff. Ice machine was new, not working properly, staff responded promptly with bagged ice from cooler. Excellent location, adequate parking. Indoor spa and pool area was too warm & humid for summertime, but would be great in Winter. Adult & 2 pre-teens, AAA rate $103.41 Fri & Sat nt, $94.41 Sun plus 11.9% tot Taxes. Highly recommend. Scott, Springfield, VA

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott D
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was traveling through the area and happened to stop here for the night. I was pleased to find a very sweet night attendant. The only room left was a suite, but it was great! It was a great value as well.
The rooms were a bit dated but very clean. It looked as if they are in the middle of renovating some of the rooms so maybe this won't be an issue for much longer.
I did wake up to find someone fixing the siding just outside my window. It would have been nice to have a heads up so I didn't wake up, look outside on the second floor and see a strange man....
If I am ever traveling though again I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if it's not too much more!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MelissaOberg
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel was clean, the room was ready when I arrived, and the staff greated me with a smile. I felt like I was welcome. After a long day it was nice to be somewhere I feel comfortable. Coffee was hot and the room air conditioner was working well. Breakfast was excellent as it always is at all of the AmericInn's I stay at. Excellent review all around.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary G
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I think highly of Jeff the breakfast attandant because he always makes sure all of the items are restocked as they are used during the breakfast hours. He handles the food in clean manner (always puts gloves on).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Susan N
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Woke up to find bed bugs in my room. I contacted the front desk employee to come to my room and look. When she arrived she admitted she did not even know what to look for. She had no information on how to prevent bringing the bug into my house. She offered no help and did not even offer a discount. There is a Sleep Inn across the highway that looks like it will be open soon, looks like I will be staying there from now on.

Room Tip: Pick a room across the highway, avoid this place
Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mike S
Colleen K, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding Bed Bugs during your stay. We do take this report very seriously. Your room was shut down immediately for inspection from our professional pest control service. They have just provided me with the final inspection report which states no evidence of Bed Bugs. I have emailed a copy of this to you. This room as a precaution will remain vacant through the weekend and inspected daily. We have a very good inspection process as "Inspection is the best Protection" against Bed Bugs starting with both daily inspections by our housekeepers and monthly inspections by our maintenance dept.