“Great lunch”

Description: organic cafe restaurant & wine bar. Chef owner operated
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great lunch”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I've been wanting to try this place for quite awhile and had lunch here recently. Nice atmosphere and a really great menu. So nice to have something like this when the rest of the area is filled with fast food. I had the Rachael and it was very good! Lots of turkey ( and it's the good turkey...not some overprocessed lunchmeat)...very tasty. I will be back for lunch sometime. It looked like the desserts would be very good too...but I passed on that. Service was also very friendly.

Visited October 2013

Minneapolis
“Food makes it worth a visit”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I would really like to see this place succeed because there are not a lot of good dining choices in the area and it is great to find a restaurant with good food: organic and locally sourced to boot. I have only eaten here a few times and my experience has been similar. Excellent food, but spotty to poor service. This evening was no exception. I enjoyed a delicious lamb pasta in a savory sauce, the papardelle perfectly al dente. My husband had an excellent pork osso bucco (though it was mostly bones), and my daughter enjoyed her squash risotto. However, it was 90 degrees outside and probably a little premature to switch to the fall menu.

The server was very harried and went over the specials so fast that we could not keep up. Then was very put out that we asked her to repeat. She was also very put out because we had a mis-communication within our family about the appetizer, and asked her to change it less than a minute after we had ordered. We felt like we were a terrible inconvenience to her. In addition, the appetizer and the dinner came at the same time. Not close together. At the very same time.

Hopefully, they can work on these issues, because we really like the food (good wine list too). Not sure everyone would be able to overlook some of the other issues.

• Visited September 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Unexpected Flavor”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We visited on a recommendation. The atmosphere and sound is reflective and hard. Nothing to absorb the sound. The beet salad had a nice light dressing with good flavor but the actual beets were a bit bland. Lots of green but just don't do it for us. My steak was good, accompanied by hand cut fries. Nicely done. My wife's salmon was also good. Both meals come with a salad so be aware. You probably don't need a salad as an appetizer.

What we didn't understand is that the burger is only on certain days as is the roasted chicken. Bummer.

They have music as well on weekends. Nice place, seating outside if you are so inclined.

A nice place. Desert was good, lava cake.

It's worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Burgess H
South Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Perfect wine bar”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We have been to Mendoberri several times. They have Sat night live music. Very nice, add's a lot to quiet evening out. Wine selections are very thought out. Fire place, water fall all add to ambience. I usually order cheese plate, and it's wonderful. I have told our wait staff that I think they need to add chocolate to it, and it would be perfect. Great place for lunch too.

• Visited April 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good Food, Good Value, but Poor Service”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Our first time at this restaurant was a real treat. We were very pleased with a very eclectic menu with plenty of healthy selections. Further, we were please to see the prices were within reason for a restaurant of this nature. Unfortunately, the staff were more interested in talking with each other than being attentive to their customers. In fact, service was so bad my salad came after my main course was delivered to the table and the server made no attempt at service recovery. I saw other customers equally frustrated by the servers.

If this restaurant cold get its servers to be responsive it would be outstanding!

• Visited October 2012