“Nice Hotel convenient to the airport and MOA”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mendota Heights
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Priceline deal brought me to this hotel for 1 night over the new years weekend. Located right off of Interstate 494 about 3 miles from the Mall of America and MSP Airport. Check-in was quick and easy. The hotel has a free 24 hour shuttle service to locations in the surrounding area. The pool is open from 6 am to Midnight daily. Continental breakfast with homemade waffles every morning. The waffles were great!

The rooms were clean and modern. Comfortable queen size beds and a nice desk area with an ergonomic chair. Free copy of the St Paul Pioneer Press is outside your door every morning.

Overall, this was a very nice mid-range hotel for the money. I would definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Our only reason to stay here was the closeness of the airport as we had an early morning flight to catch. I will say that I will return here again though as the front desk staff was extremely friendly & helpful. The room was very clean.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed here for a hockey tournament in Dec. Unlike our first stay at a Fairfield much closer to MOA this Fairfield is clean, comofortable, had a decent pool and a very nice breakfast. The staff was very friendly and I would stay here again for shopping etc... as it's not very far from MOA and other shopping and there were a lot of family restuarants like Chili's, Granite City etc... right down the road.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I decided to take my son somewhere for an extended weekend and booked a ticket and this room less than 12hrs before. I was looking to basically get to Minneapolis, let my son go to the Nickelodeon Universe theme park in the Mall of America, and let him go swimming for the least amount of money. The Fairfield Inn in Mendota Hgts was not far from the airport and the mall. It has a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius (and you will need it because there is nothing to walk to near this location). The staff and the drivers were pleasant and breakfast was edible (didn't care for the waffles tho). I just wish that the hot tub was in the same room as the pool so I could have sat and watched my son swim. I guess the wall is good if you want to be away from kids at the pool but I had to make him come with me to the hot tub. Hot tub temp on the 2nd nite was tepid at the most but that was my only real complaint. I would definitely stay here again if returning to the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at this property the evening before an early flight. It is a very nice Fairfield, obviously an older property but it appeared clean and well-maintained.

The front desk staff was outstanding, a perfect example of hospitality. I did not have the opportunity to have breakfast, but the hours would have been convenient had I not had an early flight. The room was quiet with the exception of some airplane noise, which is to be expected at an airport hotel.

The only complaint was the tub in the bathroom, there were two gouges as if heavy objects had fallen and broken the basin. This room should not have been put back in to service with such a defect. Other aspects of the housekeeping was satisfactory.

Overall, a good property that I would recommend, however the condition of the tub put a bad taste in my mouth as I prepared to check out.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed here one night after a very late arrival to the airport. I was glad the hotel was nearby though it seemed further away than expected.But, at 1 a.m. after delayed flight in a packed plane nothing seems too wonderful. The staff was friendly and the room was just as I requested--high floor king. I had asked that the room be away from the elevator and it was two doors from the elevator. Unlike some experiences I have had there was not a lot of atcivity at the elevator. However, the room was noisy-- I could hear the air traffic to and from the airport. The heating/ AC unit came on and went off with a good bit of noise all night long. I was miserable--no ear plugs. If you have ever stayed at a Fairfield then you know what to expect--this was the typical Fairfield. No surprises other than the noise.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We have stayed at this hotel many times, but this time was very disappointed. We were staying for two nights and came back to our room and found it had not been cleaned. It was 3:00 p.m. so we left to go to the Mall. Told the front desk we needed our room made up and new towels. We arrived back at 6:30 and found new towels but that was it. The bed was not made, washbaskets not empied, or new shampoo or bathroom cleaned. I did not expect that kind of service and when we left we stated that but no response from them. Sorry to say we left unhappy.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Eagan - Minneapolis Area
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#29 of 43 in Bloomington

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Share your experiences!