“The Staff makes it more than just a hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mendota Heights
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed for 2 nights and was impressed by the exceptional Staff. They were so much more than just polite. Whether I needed a restaurant recommendation or transportation, they were very attentive and accomodating. The proximity to the airport is a plus, and the rates are fair!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights on our road trip. Honestly, I picked the hotel for the reasonable price. I've stayed at other Marriott properties before but not Fairfield until then. We had a car so could have stayed anywhere in the Minneapolis area. The hotel is close to the airport and the Mall of America, which my sister loved. We got there late at night and the staff was nice, and we felt safe. All the staff I met were nice. There's a small gym and indoor pool but I didn't used the latter. The hotel has free breakfast and I remember seeing breakfast paper bags at the front desk in case guests didn't have time to sit down and eat. How thoughtful! The hotel was clean, although I have to say it looks a little tired and some sprucing up wouldn't hurt. Overall, it was a good stay and I would stay again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

When staying in the St Paul area, there really is no where else to stay :)
I will be staying here on every subsequent visit to the area.

Good breakfast, great rooms ... Renovated, big flat screen LCD tv's, clean as a whistle.

Amazing location. 5 minutes to MOA, beside the airport without the hassle of being on the airport, and extremely easy access to downtown St. Paul (ten minute drive)

Free wifi, easy to use.

MOST importantly though, staff is obviously well trained and proud of what they do.
My wife and I had three seperate customer services experiences which blew us both away.
Thank you specifically to Joleen. Put a smile on my face at the end of a hard day for me.
It's never easy to be working the night shift, you made it look like old hat.
You politeness, patience, knowledge and genuine kindness was a hi light of my stay.

I love coming to this city. which I do often... I will always stay here from now on.
I will also tell anyone who will care to listen, 'this is THE place to stay in Minneapolis stpaul.'

Thank you again fairfield staff and management.

I just love writing complimentary reviews...
So rarely does good service stand out enough for me to feel a strong desire to yell it from the roof tops, so this review is a true pleasure to right.

Beginning to end, fairfield marriot St. Paul airport....STAY HERE!

With respect, thank you for the wonderful stay.
This hotel is a credit to the wonderful city that surrounds it.

Room Tip: Get the king exec suite for only ten more dollars!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I live in Florida and knew nothing about the areas around the Mall of America. I looked at the reviews online, and the Fairfield in Mendota had excellent reviews at a moderate price. Not knowing the area, I was a bit concerned about the location. It turned out that the location was tucked away in a business park. Very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful in giving directions to the MOA and Ikea (our destinations). The room was comfortable and clean and the hot breakfast had plenty to choose from. I wish all motels were as hospitable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed at this Fairfield recently with our 2 kids. We loved the pool and enjoyed having a comfortable and clean room. The location is very good as well as it's right off the interstate, so getting anywhere is easy. The staff were helpful and the breakfast was okay. Would definitely recommend anyone needing a place near the airport to stay here as they'll get all they need at a good price.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I needed emergency accommodations because my mother in law fell and suffered a serious injury at the MSP airport, requiring hospitalization, on the way to visit me in another city. The staff were very helpful, and did all they could to make our stay pleasant. They even brought her a goodie bag her first night night at the hotel after she was discharged from the hospital to cheer her up (she was quite bruised). They were very cheerful and greeted us enthusiastically every time we were in the lobby. The housekeeping staff also were very friendly and helpful. This hotel still delivers newspapers to the rooms daily--a nice touch. Although the rooms are very small and lack a fridge and microwave, it was a nice place to stay for a few days.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I split my stays at this hotel and it's sister property across the street from the Mall of America. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They are located right next door to a Courtyard by Marriott so all I have to do to eat dinner is walk 50 feet. Not much else around the hotel except offices but perfect for me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Share your experiences!