“Ok food, TERRIBLE service”
Review of Moose Country

Moose Country
Price range: US$12 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 10 December 2013

It wasn't the worst experience ever, but certainly not good. The food was decent, but the service was TERRIBLE. I brought a group there and spent over $600 but they consistently ignored us and were quite rude. Even upon entering and being greeted I was ignored despite that I had a reservation and some of my party had already been seated. They forgot about half of our food and were actually quite rude, especially at the end of the night. BAD service. Spent a lot of money but would get treated better at a fast food joint. I will not be back and neither will anyone that I know.

1  Thank Tim S

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The food is really great the service wonderful. IT gets a bit loud after 8:00 though and a younger crowd moves in.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We went to Moose Country tonight and had terrible time. My wife ordered a vodka/cranberry and it was very dark. She had a little and said she couldn't even taste the vodka. She complained and was first told that the bar could remake it. Then, the bartender said they would have to charge for a 2nd drink. We got a shot and added it to make it slightly better. Still charged us for another whole drink. She opted for tater tots and they were really good. I got a Cubano with fries. Fries were cold, waitress put her hand on them to check which I didn't care since I wasn't going to have them anyway. Wife thought this was rude. Got new fries. Sandwich only had a pickle spear on top of the bun and very little mustard. Quite dry overall. Couldn't get the waitress or manager attention most of the night. Had to ask several times for water before waitress brought some. Left a note on the check.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I'm a native Minnesotan who has lived in Southern California for several years. Whenever I get back home I NEED to eat walleye in one form or another - preferably in a sandwich. A friend and I happened to be in Mendota Heights and took a chance on Moose Country. What a pleasant surprise! It was St. Patrick's day and the place was jumping. Still, we were seated quickly. Our waitress was simply outstanding. Drinks came quickly, the walleye was first rate, and we even got to keep the Guiness glasses!

My friend had leftovers. The waitress packaged them up and wrote reheating instructions on the box. Incredible. To see if my great experience was just a fluke, we went back a week later for lunch. Same great service. This time I tried the "Blazin' Katie B" burger. While not spicy per se, it was by Minnesota standards (lol!). However, the burger was done so perfectly that I could have eaten it without toppings.

Here's the best part... Moose Country is only 6 miles from the MSP International Airport. I highly recommend it as a first or last meal when coming or going from the Twin Cities.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

If you want to have some of the best walleye in town, go to the Moose Knuckle. Great beer, great food, great service.