“Wonderful! Wonderful!”

Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mendota Heights
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Ok...so we didn't know for sure if we were going but everything was a go. Didn't have a reservation anywhere. While children were playing on rides at Mall of America, I spent over an hour searching for a hotel on my phone. Nothing. We got in the car and drove....looking for a "sign". We were led to Courtyard by Marriott and there she was..."Vivian"...she had to have had a halo on but I didn't see it because I was so happy she had a room that was perfect for us! We swam, relaxed in the hot tub, we ordered pizza had a few beers. Oh so relaxing! We slept so good. Room was comfortable and cozy. The next morning...well, that Vivian along with other friendly staff like Laremy...what a wonderful breakfast. Healthy options galore! Chic. Clean. Business friendly while family friendly at the same time. Thank you so much to Vivian, Laremy and the whole rest of the staff that makes that place so inviting, so clean. We will be back and recommend it to our friends! - Tyson, Julia, Alaina & Aliza from Warrens/Tomah, WI area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you so much for being our guest and for your kind comments about Vivian and Larmy . We are happy that you saw that bright Courtyard sign from 494 and decided to give our team the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

The staff is the most courteous I experienced. Starting with the check in process, the big smiles on the faces of the friendly staff make me feel this is a home away from home.
Each afternoon I meet the Bistro staff, always eager to accommodate my dietary needs (I am a vegetarian), going out of their way to modify their standard menu and make my time very pleasant each evening.
I highly recommend this hotel and its Bistro.
Maty Y.

Room Tip: Every single room I had in this hotel was an excellent room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for being our guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

The highlight of this experience started as I walked I the door. Vivian greeted me before I was
Through the doorway. She checked us in promptly and gave us her full attention, which is rare. She quickly assisted us with our dinner plans and arranged a shuttle for our transportation.

Vivian certainly made a big difference and is a credit to this facility. The rest of the staff was very accommodating and friendly.

Kudos to this property and Vivian needs a raise.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments. Yes Vivian is an amazing associate and I will be sure to recognize her.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

A seminar providor chose this hotel for me as I am admittedly Hilton loyal for business travel and have long since abandoned the courtyard brand for the reasons I will outline in what follows. This is a busy business class hotel near the airport where nothing is complimentary. No fruit bowl in the lobby, no coffee available through working hours (they will brew you a starbucks for a charge), no hand lotion in the rooms. The rooms also lack microwaves or refrigerators. There are no restaurants nearby and limited guest transportation and so you must either eat from the limited breakfast/dinner menu available at the hotel Bistro(no lunch available) or you must brave rush hour traffic to find restaurants near the Mall Of the Americas.
I did find the staff exceptional but the property prevents them from offering anything more than a smile and kind words.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank George S

Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest. Please accept my apologies for the issues that you mentioned.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at just on its own. But if you need to fly stay here. They have a program where you can stay the night before your trip and leave your car there while your gone. They shuttle you to the airport and pick you up upon your return. Great for people who don't live close to the airport and don't want to fight the winter weather. My parents live about an hour away and this is such a nice option for them so they don't have to worry about the snow or traffic on the morning they fly. Hotel is recently remodeled and the new Bistro restaurant had good food. The pizza was surprisingly good. Worth looking into if your flying out and don't want to pay for parking at the airport. My sister got to the airport and found the parking ramp full, had to drive to Terminal 2 and take the monirail back over. Made our choice of park and fly even a better option. Over all a great hotel and feature.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Thank you for being our guest and for you kind comments. We look foward to serving you again on trip out of Minneapolis.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

A lot of my issues are extremely minor by themselves, but keep in mind that I did pay $25 more per night to stay at this hotel instead of a competitor. Marriott's in my experience charge a premium price but usually provide a premium level of service and product to make it worth it. Nothing in this review would keep me from staying here again if it was priced appropriately.

The good - Bed was comfortable and the room was big. The location was good for where I needed to get to the next morning. Staff were all very welcoming, although I was warned right away that because I checked in late they had probably given away my King room. I only got my bed choice after they realized I was a Marriott Platinum. I have a feeling typical customers would have been out of luck. Still in the good column for me since I did get the room I preferred. Breakfast was included in my rate and was good - very rare to have breakfast included in your rates though I think? And I will be interested to see if it got billed correctly because no one could clarify exactly what included breakfast meant here, except it would be taken care of.

The small issues just started to pile up.

First, the hotel was full which meant that parking was inconvenient. I had to park on the completely opposite side of the property from my room. No big deal by itself and really only annoyed me the next day after it had snowed.

Second, my in room clock still had not been changed since the daylight savings time change 4 days prior. Again, not a big deal by itself.

Third, I thought the sound proofing was pretty poor, which I think I had seen others mention here. I heard the gentleman next door cough and snore any time I was awake. While it did not keep me up, it was definitely an issue. I have a feeling the rooms themselves are well soundproofed, but I was in a connecting room and it seemed like all the sound came through that door. I did not hear any hallway noise or anyone in the room I was not connected to.

Fourth, the room was generally clean (I think!) but there was a lot of random hair on the bathroom floor, maybe 15-20 strands.

Fifth, I was only in town for one night so I was travelling extremely light, one change of clothes, toothbrush and deodorant. I reached for the shampoo bottle and got conditioner...so I reached for the other bottle and got conditioner again. No shampoo! This is probably the most minor complaint, because had I asked it would have been fixed easily. But I don't have time to wait to take my shower in the AM because of a small housekeeping error.

So overall, nothing I would really worry about, but all together it was frustrating to have paid more to get an average experience.

Room Tip: I don't even know if they exist, but I would check to see if rooms that do not connect to any ot...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Please accept our apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. I know that this must have been very frustrating. You are absolutely correct that the details do matter and our team prides itself on the details. Thus, this is dissapointing for us that you received this type of service. I will definitely share this with our team as a training opportunity. Also, I would like to speak with you personally. I can be reached at (651) 452-2000 ext 601.

Mike Mitchell

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I've been staying here regularly (at least twice a month) for over two years now. Let me tell you the staff here have truly become my friends. They are all wonderful. I know each of them by name and vice-versa. Such a rare thing to find such quality, friendly people all seemingly very happy in their work and providing excellent customer service. You should stay here for that reason alone.

The hotel is wonderful. Rooms are spacious and very, very clean. Beds are supremely comfortable and the HVAC is responsive to your temperature needs.

The lobby has recently been remodeled in Courtyard's Bistro theme, which means excellent breakfasts and dinners. The shuttle drivers are always happy to retrieve you from the airport and take you to local points of interest.

This place has become very popular in the last couple of years so be warned, make your reservations with them as early as possible. Stop by and say "Hi" to: Mike, Vivian, Gwen, Cindy, Linn, Jenn, Vick, Tim, Roddy and Bob. You'll be so happy you did.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DeltaSkyKing

Thank you so much for the kind comments. For as much as you travel, we are honored that we can provide you with a home away from home. Our repeat guests are like family to us. We will see you on the next trip in!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendota Heights
0 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Share your experiences!