“Highly recommend, staff outstanding!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport

Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mendota Heights
Oswego, Illinois
“Highly recommend, staff outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

As a frequent traveler who spends almost 200 nights a year in various hotels, this is a top rated Courtyard. The Bistro for breakfast or dinner is outstanding! The staff throughout the property provide top level service and make the difference. They are always attentive and responsive to whatever I need. It is like home for me when I am away from home...I always stay here when I am in Minneapolis.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you Mike for your kind comments. We definitely love seeing our repeat guests day in and day out. Travel safely and we will see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

I was in town for a business trip and the staff at the Courtyard really helped make everything go well. I arrived at 11:30 am (check in time was 3:00) and they didn't have any rooms ready. I needed a place for a 1:00 pm conference call where I could get internet access. The desk clerk was able to work with housekeeping to get my room ready for an early check in. The hotel is a top rate Courtyard. Everything was in perfect condition. When we woke up the next morning with 5 inches for fresh snow, the parking lot and sidewalks were all clear by 7:00 so we could easily get our cars out. My only complaint is that there are no restaurants within walking distance. The closest place to get something to eat is several miles away.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind comments and for being our guest. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The good news is that our shuttle will take guests to several local restaurants and the the Mall of America. The Mall has over 140 restaurants and our hotel has The Bistro on site.

Mike Mitchell
TomahWI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

Ok...so we didn't know for sure if we were going but everything was a go. Didn't have a reservation anywhere. While children were playing on rides at Mall of America, I spent over an hour searching for a hotel on my phone. Nothing. We got in the car and drove....looking for a "sign". We were led to Courtyard by Marriott and there she was..."Vivian"...she had to have had a halo on but I didn't see it because I was so happy she had a room that was perfect for us! We swam, relaxed in the hot tub, we ordered pizza had a few beers. Oh so relaxing! We slept so good. Room was comfortable and cozy. The next morning...well, that Vivian along with other friendly staff like Laremy...what a wonderful breakfast. Healthy options galore! Chic. Clean. Business friendly while family friendly at the same time. Thank you so much to Vivian, Laremy and the whole rest of the staff that makes that place so inviting, so clean. We will be back and recommend it to our friends! - Tyson, Julia, Alaina & Aliza from Warrens/Tomah, WI area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you so much for being our guest and for your kind comments about Vivian and Larmy . We are happy that you saw that bright Courtyard sign from 494 and decided to give our team the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Mendota Heights, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

The staff is the most courteous I experienced. Starting with the check in process, the big smiles on the faces of the friendly staff make me feel this is a home away from home.
Each afternoon I meet the Bistro staff, always eager to accommodate my dietary needs (I am a vegetarian), going out of their way to modify their standard menu and make my time very pleasant each evening.
I highly recommend this hotel and its Bistro.
Maty Y.

Room Tip: Every single room I had in this hotel was an excellent room.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind comments and for being our guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

The highlight of this experience started as I walked I the door. Vivian greeted me before I was
Through the doorway. She checked us in promptly and gave us her full attention, which is rare. She quickly assisted us with our dinner plans and arranged a shuttle for our transportation.

Vivian certainly made a big difference and is a credit to this facility. The rest of the staff was very accommodating and friendly.

Kudos to this property and Vivian needs a raise.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. Yes Vivian is an amazing associate and I will be sure to recognize her.
Plover, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

A seminar providor chose this hotel for me as I am admittedly Hilton loyal for business travel and have long since abandoned the courtyard brand for the reasons I will outline in what follows. This is a busy business class hotel near the airport where nothing is complimentary. No fruit bowl in the lobby, no coffee available through working hours (they will brew you a starbucks for a charge), no hand lotion in the rooms. The rooms also lack microwaves or refrigerators. There are no restaurants nearby and limited guest transportation and so you must either eat from the limited breakfast/dinner menu available at the hotel Bistro(no lunch available) or you must brave rush hour traffic to find restaurants near the Mall Of the Americas.
I did find the staff exceptional but the property prevents them from offering anything more than a smile and kind words.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank George S
Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest. Please accept my apologies for the issues that you mentioned.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at just on its own. But if you need to fly stay here. They have a program where you can stay the night before your trip and leave your car there while your gone. They shuttle you to the airport and pick you up upon your return. Great for people who don't live close to the airport and don't want to fight the winter weather. My parents live about an hour away and this is such a nice option for them so they don't have to worry about the snow or traffic on the morning they fly. Hotel is recently remodeled and the new Bistro restaurant had good food. The pizza was surprisingly good. Worth looking into if your flying out and don't want to pay for parking at the airport. My sister got to the airport and found the parking ramp full, had to drive to Terminal 2 and take the monirail back over. Made our choice of park and fly even a better option. Over all a great hotel and feature.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you for being our guest and for you kind comments. We look foward to serving you again on trip out of Minneapolis.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendota Heights
Minneapolis Airport Marriott
#37 of 43 in Bloomington
Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area
Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Share your experiences!