Lately, I’m having trouble finding any value in the Courtyard brand. This location is a good example. It’s basically an old Holiday Inn or Ramada with a paint job and some green Courtyard signs. The bistro is nice and seems to cater more to the binge drinkers than me. Not sure how I managed without Starbucks in the lobby (which happens to be closed most of the day).
I used to enjoy a cup of decaf tea before bed. Now I have to step up to the barista and plop down just shy of $3 for Tazo (Starbucks) tea! I like Starbucks as much as the next guy but it really bothers me that Marriott’s contract with Starbucks is more important than offering complimentary coffee to their frequent travellers.
What happened to complimentary coffee in the lobby, cookies, free high-speed etc etc? Courtyard now wants it’s guests to pay for tea, cookies and if you want high speed Internet, that’s going to cost you too. Dial-up speed Internet is still free. Remember dial-up speed? It’s coming to a Courtyard near you!
I emailed Mike Mitchell, the property GM and received the basic brain-dead canned response offering apologies and whatnot. Apparently market research reveals that Courtyard guests like to pay for everything because they can expense it - I can still make free coffee in the toilet if I want to. Give me a break Mike.
Moving on…the pool and exercise room was nice but not very appealing. The guestrooms looked clean on first blush but are from it when you get up close. Simple things like fingerprint smudges on the sliding doors are left for the next guests to enjoy. Marriott routinely secret-shops these properties and scores them according to how bad (or good) they are. I bet this properties’ scores are in the tank.
The front desk staff was friendly although not enough to persuade me to return to this property and unfortunately keeps my overall score low.
Sorry Courtyard. You’re really making Hilton’s job way too easy.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport Hotel Mendota Heights
- Courtyard Mendota Heights
- Mendota Heights Courtyard
- Mendota Heights Marriott
- Courtyard Hotel Mendota Heights