“Great stop over” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mendota Heights
Canada
“Great stop over”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

After initial confusion at the airport - there are 3 Marriots nearby - "Courtyard Marriot Airport", "Courtyard by Marriot", and "Marriot Airport", so keep the hotel number handy if needing airport shuttle - I finally arrived in Mendota Heights, and couldn't have been happier.

Very close to the airport, great shuttle service, as well as complimentary shuttle to several nearby restaurants and the Mall of America, welcoming and efficient front desk staff, and a very clean, quiet and comfortable room. Perfect. Somewhere I'd be happy spending several days.

I didn't feel like going out for dinner, so tried the Bistro - the food and service were both great. There's no room service, but you can order "take out" and take it back up to the room yourself.

Excellent experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank lar289
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback. Great tip about keeping the hotel number where you will be staying as there actually is quite a bit of Marriott product in the market and each hotel's goal is to get it's guests picked up as quickly as possible from the airport. Thus, seeing all of our Marriott shuttles can be a little confusing if it is your first time to the area.

We take pride in providing great service and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Mike Mitchell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for several nights while traveling for work. The room was reasonably sized. The bed was a little stiff. There was a fair sized bathroom. The staff was very polite and helpful. The hotel is near the airport. There are half a dozen similar nearby.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
ames, iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I used this hotel as a park and fly deal. I actually parked, flew and then returned 4 days later for an overnight. Arrived late and didn't have to wait long for a van to come and retrieve me. Hotel is beautiful!! Sleep was delightful, but I awoke hungry expecting at least a stale bagel to chew on as I drove home. There might have been a bagel, but it was being sold by Starbucks, so no free food or coffee at this hotel. Lovely setting, easy to get to from various interstates, close to airport. Marriott was NOT able to give me a reservation as it was said to be totally booked, but used another site and got right in - go figure... I will use this hotel again in the future!!

Room Tip: Had a handicapped room on second floor facing west, I believe. Very noisy with early morning delive...
Green Features: I was half asleep when I arrived and hungry the next morning - didn't stop to consider the environmental impact of my stay
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for being our guest and for your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

After a very long day of a delayed flight I ended my day in Minnesota at the Marriott Courtyard. When I checked in the service was top notch as I was helped plan my wake up and shuttle for the next morning. However, what I really needed was a bite to eat because I just spent the last 4.5 hours on a plane for a 40 min flight due to weather. The Bistro had several folks enjoying a beverage but the food kitchen had closed 40 min earlier. When I asked if I could get a bite and explained my day David immediately had me pick whatever I wanted off the menu and he made it for me. (He makes a great tomato flatbread) he didn't have to do this but it made my day. Seeing David interact with others in the Bistro showed me that he enjoys his job and the people staying here. Thank you David!

Great staff overall. Super clean rooms, and comfortable bed. Found a new great hotel near the airport,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michelle C
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you so much for being our guest and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will share this with our team and David. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Jackson, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

the room I stayed in had been remodled it was modern and clean- there is a cash wine bar with light food avalible in the lobby- which was a nice way to unwind- the staff was amazing! there was an issues with my key and she was happy to fix it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for being our guest. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Big Sky, Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We booked our room as we had a late flight arriving in Minneapolis and 12 hours until our departure the next day. The reason we booked here was because they said the had a free shuttle to and from the airport. We called prior to leaving Atlanta and arriving in Minneapolis to ensure a spot on the shuttle once we landed. At this time they told us the shuttle didn't run after 11 PM we'd have to take a cab, which cost us $25. Then we for there and they didn't have the room we reserved and made us pay even though when the reservation was made we'd asked to be billed to avoid the expense while traveling. We got to our room and ready for around midnight and there was trash on the floor around one of the beds. Needless to say we were less than impressed. I'd most likely stay else where next time we are traveling in the area...

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hello Lacey. Thank you for being our guest and for your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the multiple issues that you experienced during your stay with us. Our shuttle service does currently run from 5am to 11pm, but we are exploring changing to a 24 hour operation in the near future. I am also sorry that you did not get your requested room type. As for the debris on the floor, I assure you that this is not common for our hotel. Can you please give me a call at (651) 452-2000 or email me at michael.mitchell@marriott.com so that I can speak with you about these issues.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed in April, 2014. Manager told me the hotel "…just finished renovations." Bad side: thin walls, busy hotel, noisy elevator, isolated (no convenience stores/ etc). Good side: affordable; clean, WONDERFUL, friendly staff, free shuttle, free internet, good food in the restaurant. Stay here if you can (over the one in Bloomington)

Room Tip: Stayed on 1st floor. Noisy elevator. Lots of foot traffic. Try to get in a corner room, OR 2nd floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments and for being our guest. Please accept my apologies for the noise issues that you experienced. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendota Heights
Minneapolis Airport Marriott
#37 of 43 in Bloomington
Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area
Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Share your experiences!