W Minneapolis - The Foshay
  • Room Service
US$144
US$131
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$203
US$187
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Northstar(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$189
US$95
Official Site
1,339 results
All reviewsobservation deckmanny's steakhousefoshay towerliving roombliss productscorner roomhistoric buildingcupcakesart decomini bartop floorrain showermain floorwater pressureshower headhell's kitchenvalet parking
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was transported to another place from the moment I walked in the door! Pefect mix of vintage and modern. Spacious lounge/bar areas, extremely quiet, clean rooms with comfortable beds, great restaurant on-site, prohibition bar and observation deck with awesome views, skywalk access and wonderful attention to detail-from apples and earbuds in the excersize room to plush robes in the rooms. Staff is professional and friendly and went above and beyond to accommodate my requests and help with directions and parking. The lighting everywhere is fabulous- so cool and romantic- I swear it makes you look younger and skinnier! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying downtown.

Room Tip: The 'wonderful rooms' are floors 2-8. We were in one of the 'cool corner king rooms' which was on the 21st floor. View was amazing!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Welcome blueskies0713,

Your completely amazing review has made our day here at W Minneapolis! Thank you for the fabulous feedback, so glad you enjoyed the details of your stay from your guestroom, to FIT, and all the way up to the Observation Deck and Prohibition Bar! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Twin Cities for another great stay in the iconic Foshay Tower!
Sip.Bask.Celebrate.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

From the second my car door opened, the excellent customer service started. I really appreciated the bellhop telling us about the hotel as he walked us to the front desk since there's so much history at the Foshay. He also showed us all the features of our room when he took us up to our upgraded room. Even though I didn't get an email back from the W when I sent an upgrade request, I still got upgraded at no additional cost....Awesome! Room was super clean--a must for me! The house cleaning staff was really nice too. Really, every staff member I interacted with was super nice and helpful. Location was good. Restaurants and shopping within walking distance. There isn't a single reason why I wouldn't go back! Thanks W!

Hello Lacey T,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at W Minneapolis with the TripAdvisor community! All of the talent here at W is more than happy to make you feel right at home, and accommodate your requests. It will be my personal pleasure to share your kind words with our entire team! On your next stay, be sure to check out our 30th floor Foshay Museum and Observation Deck, where you can indulge in the buildings history and have a 360 degree view of downtown Minneapolis!
Cheers,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Every staff member at this hotel from front desk to parking to from service was friendly and competent on every level. The view from the historic Foshay was fantastic and there is an observation deck and museum on the 30th floor. I will be back and I live here!

Room Tip: If you want an incredible view and soaking tub book the "Fantastic Suite".

Hello Megan W,

Thank you for choosing W Minneapolis for your staycation! The pleasure is ours to welcome you back again soon, whether it is for a fabulous view of the city and historical adventure at the Foshay Museum and Observation Deck, or to party in the Living Room bar with a DJ and drinks!

Cheers,

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I wanted to plan a special surprise for my wife and contacted The W to let them know what I was thinking and also asked for ideas. They were VERY helpful. My wife was surprised without a doubt! And thanks to the staff at The W, so was I! It was a truly unbelievable experience for us! I knew the hotel was beautiful, but even more… The friendliness, energy, and attitude of the entire staff from the second we pulled in to the second we left, was what really sealed the experience! I would really have to search hard and be very critical to even think of something that would need improvement. I am fairly critical on service normally (former service industry employee), but I was TOTALLY blown away with The W and it’s staff! I can’t thank them enough for really making my special surprise to my wife an AMAZING surprise for the both of us! It was truly a stay we will never forget and will always recommend to others no matter what your occasion may be! If you are thinking about staying there… JUST DO IT!!! You will not be disappointed! THANKS YOU W!!!

Room Tip: If in doubt, check with the staff... They can help and are very friendly no matter what size pocket book you have! The views are great!!! And the decor throughout is beautiful and trendy!!!

Hello Joel V,

WOW! I am so happy you were our guests at W Minneapolis-The Foshay, and it is my pleasure to read your amazing review! W is truly here to deliver a personalized Whatever/Whenever experience- we are thrilled to hear you were blown away! I am looking forward to sharing your review with our talent, and for your next visit to W Minneapolis!
Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here last night and it was the perfect location with its proximity to the Target Center. We parked our car at the parking facility across the street from the W and walked to dinner and then the Target Center for Nitro Circus. The staff was extremely courtesy, always opening/holding the door open upon entering and exiting. Front desk personal was friendly and helpful with check in and giving up tips to maximize our customer appreciation points. The hotel is modern and clean and large rooms. The beds are really comfortable and we slept soundly even with our room being near the elevators. The only problem we had was with the shower, it only has a rain shower head with little pressure making showering take a long time. The W is an excellent choice when staying downtown and we would gladly stay here again.

Hello TravelBugandBoo,

Thank you for being our guests at W Minneapolis! With W’s location in the heart of downtown, it sounds like you had a blast making the stops you needed for dinner and entertainment on your night out! Thank you for sharing about the rain showerhead in your guest room, we will be sure to address the situation with our Engineering team. And your comments are wonderful to hear, so glad we could max out customer appreciation points!