“Excellent Hotel for Any Occassion” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of W Minneapolis - The Foshay

W Minneapolis - The Foshay
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States
“Excellent Hotel for Any Occassion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I have stayed at the W a few times; once for fun and twice for business. Each time has been a great experience. The staff appreciates you very much as a guest. Their Anytime/Anything service is excellent. It is just a very wonderful experience staying at the W Minneapolis! Every detail at the W is carefully thoughtout, from the elevator mats wishing you a good morning, good afternoon, or good evening to the deco that matches throughout.

Room Tip: Upgrade when you can to a corner suite - no matter which direction you point is a good view.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Hello Pam S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your W Minneapolis-The Foshay review with the TripAdvisor community! I am thrilled you have been enjoying your W experiences, and thank you for your loyalty to our brand, and Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. We are here for Whatever/Whenever, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Matthew Hawkins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Korean first
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Our favourite Starwood property in downtown Minneapolis. Well located within walking distance to great shopping, fine restaurants , food trucks and entertainment , as well as a short cycle from major cycling paths that begins from this hotel. Efficient and friendly valet parking ( priced at what is becoming the standard -$34). Personally, the W dim lighting , doesn't highlight the beauty of the restored Foshay tower The bar located in the lobby and adjacent to the famous Manny's steakhosue , is definitely worthwhile for the fine cocktails and the vibrant after work crowd

The corner room with multiple windows provides an excellent panoramic view of the impressive minneapois skyline. The Starwood signature heavenly bed and crisp white duvet cover almost guarantees a perfect night of sleep. The Bathroom , with extra plush bath towels and luxurious bar soap and shampoo and conditioner products , is very comfortable in size. The more than ample shower with charcoal grey tile and ceiling shower head is probably one of the best we have experienced in our years of travel

Front desk staff is friendly and efficient during checking in and out

1 Thank Alex Z
Hello Alexandermartin,
Thank you for being our guest at W Minneapolis-The Foshay, and declaring us your favorite property! I am so glad to hear you found our downtown location accessible for all entertainment, restaurant and cycling needs, and found comfort in the offerings inside the Foshay Tower as well- in Manny’s and The Living Room Bar. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and revel in the luxurious guest room and bathroom amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another five star W experience.
Whatever/Whenever,
Baltimore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Interestingly, I read on MSN that hotels often charge for water or internet that guests haven't used…and this W Hotel was sited as one of the offenders. I went there, sure enough I see my "folio", of course emailed to me after the trip so I can't complain in person, and I see the "updated" folio showing a water I "drank", for $7, which out of principle of course I never have and never would drink. Also $25 internet I never turned on once. They tried get away with it

I called, and they couldn't "fix it right away", it'd take a while. Totally unfair.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank EddieBaltimore
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Hello EddieBaltimore,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. Our team at W Minneapolis-The Foshay is firmly committed to providing a wonderful W experience, and I deeply regret that you were charged in error for the bottle of water and internet usage. Please see my direct message for reservation details and I will ensure this is taken care of immediately. Thank you.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

I'll start with two things:
1. I always worry that I'm not "hip" enough for the W. And in spite of that, the staff always make me feel welcome and at ease, like they are truly happy I'm there.
2. The hotel honestly came to my rescue- I made a last minute reservation at 5 pm on Saturday night to check in that evening. No problem. Got settled into my room an hour later, had a good night's rest (beautiful room, and I always love the Bliss shower amenities), and got early-morning room service before I had to be out on Sunday morning.

Really, those two things tell the story. My room was clean, modern, beautiful, and well-appointed. The staff were friendly and funny. I would absolutely choose the W- Foshay on my next visit to Minneapolis.

Room Tip: The little bit extra for the Spectacular room is a good idea. I was near the elevators but didn'...
Green Features: Usual great Starwood policy- turn down having your linens changed and you get Starwood points!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Greetings, Amalia C,
Thank you for visiting W Minneapolis-The Foshay where it is a pleasure to have you as our guest! I am thrilled you enjoyed your Spectacular room where divine comfort and stylish furnishings made you feel right at home. And thank you for the lovely feedback regarding our staff as it is our pleasure to deliver a Whatever/Whenever experience tailored to your needs! Looking forward to your next visit!
Hickory, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Lobby is quite dark, as are a number of the rooms. However, the rooms are appointed well, are comfortable, and the hotel is very centrally located to get to a large part of downtown. The staff has always been quite nice to me. The upstairs bar (Prohibition) is a nice area to sit around and have a drink (very nice drinks).

Room Tip: The building's walls are sloped, so the further up you go the less rooms there are per floor.
Hello treznor,
Thank you for visiting W Minneapolis on your recent trip to the Twin Cities! I am happy to hear our accessible location downtown meets your needs; you are comfortable in our guestrooms and had an opportunity to enjoy a sip in our sky high bar, Prohibition. Come back soon to indulge in history and bask in another fabulous W experience!
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great, friendly, helpful staff. Comfy beds. Great products. The only disappointing thing was the slamming doors. This has more to do with the people closing them but are they extra heavy? Because they seemed to really slam and be super loud. Good location.

Hello Ronald H,
It was the pleasure of W Minneapolis-The Foshay to have you as our guest. Thank you for the wonderful words regarding our great staff, they will be so excited to hear your feedback! My personal apologies you were disrupted by noise during your visit. I will ensure I address this right away with our Engineering and Security departments to remedy. I look forward to your next visit!
Holmen, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Could not have been happier with our stay. Yes, the lobby is dark...it is part of the ambiance. I didn't really feel like it was an issue. The service at check-in was fantastic....helpful and courteous. We did not use the valet parking, we parked in ramps nearby (fyi the McGladry plaza parking across the street is $5 flat rate on weekend days). Our room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. We were within walking distance from Target Field, Nicollet Street, and many, many restaurants. We will definitely stay here again the next time we stay in downtown Msp.

Room Tip: Sign up for the SPG rewards program for free and receive some extra perks.
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank JS2940
Hello JS2940,
Thank you for being our guests at W Minneapolis-The Foshay and for enrolling in our stellar Starwood Preferred Guest program! Your kind words regarding our helpful and courteous service are wonderful to hear and I can’t wait to pass along your feedback to our team! Come back soon for a night out on the town or a relaxing night in!
Cheers,