“Authentic”

Ranked #327 of 1,862 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 5 May 2013

After returning from Viet Nam in February we were seeking some of the food we so enjoyed overseas. We found the Pho to be a good option and the Goi Cuon (fresh spring rolls) close but not as good as we found in VN. The fish sauce was good, but lacked the spiciness we were seeking. All-in-all it met our needs. The service was good and the staff friendly.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

...well and everything else we tried. This was my favorite of the restaurants we went to while we were in the Twin Cities. My pho was perfect, best I've ever had, and my iced coffee was sublime (but really, it would be hard to mess up Vietnamese iced coffee)

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I had a friend from Hong Kong recommend this restaurant. She raved about noodle soups so I needed to try one. I tried one recommended by staff. It was very plentiful, and they provided interesting accompaniments including basil, limes, bean sprouts etc. I had enough of the soup to bring some home so that my husband could try it. He liked it also. I'm not used to having noodle soups so it was an interesting experience. I might try vermicelli salad on a return visit. The spring rolls were also good.

It's a bit confusing to locate the restaurant, as it shares the address and literally the restaurant space with Caravelle. It seemed that the sign outside only listed Caravelle, but I could have missed a Pho 79 sign.

The staff was helpful and made good recommendations.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I live west of the Twin Cities by about 1:15, but recently when my oldest son and I went into Minneapolis, we went here. I have eaten at Pho 79 many times and was anxious to turn my son on to Pho.

He devoured the spring rolls and Pho like a wild animal who had not eaten for a week. He declared it an overwhelming success and I was very happy as usual.

The quality is very high, the taste is superb, and my favorite IS the spring rolls. I got 3 orders for us when we went, and had to order a 4th because we loved them so much!

If you like good Vietnamese food, go here, you will be hooked!

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Being going here for years. The Pho is very good along with the steamed shrimp dumplings. If you are in the mood for traditional Pho then this should be one place to consider. I typically get it to go and it comes pakcaged up very nicely with the broth in 1 container and all the stuff that goes into it in another. The service is adequate but not overly friendly. The place is a little dodgy on the inside, especially the Pho 79 side of the restaurant. Cheap table and very dated but it's all about the food, right?!