The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection
US$190
US$167
  • Room Service
Minneapolis Marriott City Center(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$172
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$201
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$186
US$118
US$191
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmax restaurantthe concierge loungemarble columnsvalet parkinglight railformer bankfront desk stafflarge bathroomovernight parkingbeautiful hotelper nightbeautiful lobbybooked this hotelshower headvalet servicenice roomfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We went here for our wedding anniversary. It was the day after Thanksgiving and we had purchased our reservation through a living social deal. It was to be a standard room with a ten dollar coupon for the hotel's restaurant and bar. I called ahead (that day) and told them that it was our anniversary and that I was hoping for a nice room. The desk clerk was very nice and assured me she would save us a nice room. When we arrived the room they had reserved was dirty. So, they upgraded us even further to a two room suite. It was very nice. The bed and bedding was very nice and the bathroom was large with a nice big shower (no tub). The room had a single serve instant coffee maker, a small frig and two televisions (one in the bedroom and one in the sitting area. The hotel also surprised us with free breakfasts for our special day! It was very nice. The only unfortunate issue with the room is the view. We looked over the rooftop of the hotel which was not ideal. It gets dark early in November, so the view did not affect us, but in the summer that would be disappointing. Another review I had read had given us some good information that I will share here as well. The hotel has valet service for $34. The valet park the car in the same ramp we used that is right next door to the hotel. We parked ourselves and only paid $12. If we had picked up the car a couple of hours earlier (making it only one day instead of 26 hours) we would have only paid $6. The men at the valet were very nice and told us where the closes parking garage and we chose to park our car ourselves. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for whatever you are looking for. The staff is very accommodating and friendly.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Allison S, General Manager at The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay...and Happy Anniversary! The staff takes great pride in exceeding our guests' expectations, so I'm excited to share your experience with everyone. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed The Hotel Minneapolis (THM) last weekend on my first visit to this city. I wanted a hotel that was well-located and that made me feel I was enjoying a break from home. THM fit these criteria well.

Its location was close to the river and downtown business and entertainment districts. I walked everywhere, whether 5 mins to the river or 15-20 min to the Walker Gardens. The theater district was less than 10 mins away. It also was close (1 block) to Government Plaza which is the light rail stop that connects one to the airport and Mall of America. So in terms of location, this hotel is tops.

THM's lobby was spacious and with good spaces to lounge or even work. The rooms were not huge but had just the right amount of space. The bathroom was very large and the soap and lotion provided were great.

Though I did not work out (I walked plenty on my visit to enjoy the city), I did check out the gym and all the equipment was pretty new. Better than the average hotel gym.

Finally the bar and restaurant had great ambience. Some of it comes from the original architecture of the building (a former bank from long ago) but has been nicely updated. The food and cocktails were quite good too. Unfortunately, the executive lounge was closed as it was the weekend but the good thing for those who get access to the exec lounge, breakfast is provided complimentary at the restaurant.

Service at the front desk or restaurant was great.

Whether on business or just seeking to spend a night on the town, this hotel would be my kind of place should i return to Minneapolis.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ilivetotravel_Raul

Thank you for your feedback on the great experience you had at our hotel. I'm glad that you were also able to enjoy Minneapolis to it's fullest potential. I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The common areas are very nice. I found our guest room very plain. The lighting was terrible, no overhead reading lights. Most hotels of this class provide in room water bottles, this hotel charges five dollars. The HVAC system used a thermostat with a sensor. Can you imagine returning to a cold room on a winter day because of this "energy saving" feature. Come on, folks, you claim to be a four star property.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The location of the hotel is not bad - about a 10 min walk to many of the bars and restaurants in town. The parking is not ideal though, as commented by another reviewer on here. It is valet only, at about $30 a day.
As a Marriott Gold Member, I got assigned room 1012, with access to the executive lounge. the room itself was fine - pretty much what one would expect from any Marriott - quite spacious and comfortably furnished. However, the executive lounge was a joke. The decorations were tasteless, and the breakfast there was almost worse than Denny's breakfast dishes. At other times of the day when the lounge was open, there was hardly any drinks and snacks in there.
During the weekends, there is no breakfast served in the executive lounge. I ended up having breakfast at the main hotel restaurant on a Sunday, and it was as bad as the breakfast served in the lounge.

Room Tip: Don't expect much from the executive lounge
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sdgt625
Allison S, General Manager at The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I have taken your feedback to our F&B team and they are committed to working diligently to improve upon the quality of the offerings for breakfast. I apologize that your experience was subpar and assure you that we are making improvements. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I haven't even checked in and I'm displeased. Booked a room for tomorrow night on Hotwire. Then found out that the parking is valet only @ $34.00. I then phoned today to ensure I have two beds instead of one king and was informed that that is a $20.00 up charge. I have never heard of such a thing!
So my $65.00 "deal" is now going to cost $119.00!
I've used Hotwire for years and been very happy. This sucks!
p.s. $10.95 for wi-fi :(

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wildwood26

Thank you for reaching with your concerns regarding your upcoming stay. I understand your frustration but would like to offer some solutions to avoid some of the standard hotel charges. Valet parking is $34 if you choose to use this service. There is also a public parking garage immediately across the street where you are able to self-park at a lower rate if you would rather. We do have a fee for our internet service but it is complimentary to those in our loyalty program. Ask the agent at the front desk and they can sign you up to receive the discount. Lastly, unfortunately all reservations booked through a discounted third-party site are reserved as king rooms. To upgrade to a room with two queen beds does have a charge.
I hope that some of these options help. We look forward to having you stay with us!