“A Nice Stay!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

University Inn
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
“A Nice Stay!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

It does not look like your average hotel from the outside, but I was quite happy with my room and the service. It's a small hotel and that's ok. The front desk staff were wonderful and very helpful with information about the University and getting on the right bus, with us being newbies to the area. The room was clean and I loved the kitchenette (able to heat up my left over dinner the next day, make coffee and just relax. Our daughter will be starting school there this Fall, and when we come to visit, this is definitely where we'll be staying. Thanks University Inn for a very nice stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Hello E F,

You're welcome and thank you so much for your very nice review! I'm glad you found our hotel convenient for your stay, and I'm constantly reminded by comments like yours how great our team is here. We love our location near both Downtown Minneapolis and the University of Minnesota, and everyone at our font desk enjoys playing the tour guide. We're looking forward to your next visit!

Joe McCurdy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Covington, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I liked the location, the appearance, the size of the hotel, the size of the room, the price, especially the cappuccino machine, the friendly desk staff. It was recommended by my daughter, who lives nearby, and I would definitely stay here again. In fact, it has changed my standard of what to look for in a hotel.

Room Tip: We liked the big Gingko tree fight outside our window of 214. We never heard anyone else.
1 Thank Davavd
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hello Davavd,

Wow, what a nice review, thank you so much! I'm glad you found our staff friendly and our location convenient. Our gourmet coffee machine in the lobby is a recent addition so I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Please pass our thanks on to your daughter for recommending us!

Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Loved this hotel! It was clean and comfortable and is within easy walking distance to the U of MN. It reminded my husband and I of the dorms we lived in in college. The staff were very friendly, rooms are clean and free parking is a great bonus. Excellent coffee in the lobby. Full size fridge and a kitchenette were nice bonuses and a great way to save money. We plan to stay here frequently as we have a child attending the university.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hello A H,

Thank you for your compliments, we really appreciate the time you took to tell others about our hotel. The free gourmet coffee in the lobby is a pretty recent addition, so I'm really pleased you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My sister and I stayed at University Inn for about a week while taking care of family matters. We now live on the West Coast but grew up in Mpls./St. Paul. I am glad that the places I tried to book nearby our family home were all booked because I found this place which we will return to in future trips. Before I checked in I wondered whether it might be noisy as a campus place near the freeway but our room was absolutely quiet. The Inn is very homey, the desk staff are so friendly and helpful, the room is clean, the beds very comfortable and the kitchenette had a large refrigerator. Moreover the location is prime, minutes from Dinkytown and the U of M, and also not far from downtown Minneapoolis. I also think the price was very reasonable for two queen beds with a kitchenette and a huge TV. I highly recommend the University Inn and I am not relation to the management. : )

Room Tip: We stayed on the main floor towards the back from the desk. Maybe that is why it was so quiet but I...
1 Thank marzipan43
Hello marzipan43,

Wow! Thank you so much for a great review! I'm really proud of the team here, and I can't wait to share your kind comments with them. I'm glad you found our hotel comfortable and convenient, we look forward to your next visit!

Greenville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Inn looked very small from the outside, but our room was a nice size and had all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay. Staff was helpful. Room was very clean and well maintained. Close to campus. A wide variety of restaurants within walking distance. Hours of operation for Chinese and Vietnamese restaurant down the street were posted incorrectly in the room's guidebook, however. Was not open on Sunday like it said. Was a little disappointed there was no discount for those staying because of freshman orientation at the U of M. Correspondence from the U suggested we should ask because some hotels do offer discounts. Still, the rates were reasonable and our stay was pleasant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 449JMF
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hi 449JMF,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry our in-room guidebooks were incorrect, I'll look into that and address the issue. Our staff works very hard to make our hotel comfortable and inviting and we all read the reviews our guests write about us, so we're all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. Thanks again!

Cedar Falls, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The walls might have been thin, but the service with Nadiya, (at the front desk), more than made up for it. She was a joy to meet. And even though the bed was smaller than what we might have expected, the decor was adorable and very modern. Nadiya was so wonderful and helpful, she even took a photo of us so that we could have a picture together. And we wish we could wake up to her sense of humor every morning. And the coffee was really good. The lobby area was nice and inviting, and Nadiya gave us the directions to a wonderful restaurant in Dinkeytown, a short walk away, where we ate a delicious breakfast.

Hello KarmaCounselor,

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay at the University Inn. Nadiya is a credit to our team and I'm proud to work with her. She was really happy to read your comments, thank you so much for your kind review!

Round Top, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I loved staying at the University Inn. All of the staff at the front desk were very helpful. The location was perfect and the rooms are clean and well maintained. Although I did not take advantage of this feature, I appreciate that there was a small kitchen in my room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello Mark L,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review! Our whole staff works really hard to make our hotel a comfortable place to stay for our guests and we really appreciate your kind comments.